The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
GPGT - any of u keep this kind of hairstyle before? call what?

one side cut short, one side very long. left right not same same.

call what? suitable for what face? punk or not?

any of u guy or girl got this kind hair before?

RWP-004692.jpg

iStock_000003662166XSmall.JPG

asymmetrical-shag-hair-style.jpg

Short-Asymmetrical-Hairstyles-Straight-Hair-Trends.jpg
DIPS ON THE FIRST ONE! its gonna be mine! no snatching!

call what? one word. badass.

one side short is just call undercut. or shaved side if u prefer.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
just tell them skrillrex lol

I using nigelle TF hair mask! all thanks to JH! haha

order 2 kent brushes! JH also want one! haha

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my sides also like that. and I can't stand leaving it more than 4 weeks!

Best way to save money should be leave it longer and hopefully it will flatten when its heavier. but donno need how long.. hate that untidy sight. :s22:

Use strong wax like GD will help?

it's either you shave all the way or keep it long and use GD to keep it down. When it's long enough, yes, you can press it down.

i prefer shaving cause i cut my hair every 4 weeks!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyway for the Gold Digger Giveaway, i will do it after i finish with my assignment! haha hopefully before end of oct! sorry for the weight guys but the gifts are ready!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

jh too busy these days also :/ jy jy! hahaha imma just slack my way thru this year.

which brush yall got? mine ar? xD

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
When I was much younger, I think I have the similar condition. My friend call me "bao za tou" cos it really point out even from the side.

Until I met one hair dresser who ask me to leave it longer and he will cut for me which it will not protrude out. Surprisingly now my sides are more flat. Don't know why.

Oh, I mean after I washed my hair then can I apply serum then start my pre-styling?

I have no idea on this though. I usually apply serum when I'm at home before I'm heading to bed.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
my sides also like that. and I can't stand leaving it more than 4 weeks!

Best way to save money should be leave it longer and hopefully it will flatten when its heavier. but donno need how long.. hate that untidy sight. :s22:

Use strong wax like GD will help?

I have never really tried different hairstyles before. I'm always on mullet hairstyle since young because of the benefit of always standing hair. I usually shave the sides though. Currently trying to keep a ball shape in the middle.

A lot of people tend to underestimate the stubbornness of such hair and feels that so called this wax which is strong enough for the mainstream will feel its strong enough for everyone. This is so not true. I would say if possible, see whether anyone here offers sample packages and you try them out. I never tried Gold Digger before thus I won't comment on it.

What I can recommend is for strong hold(that is if your hair is as stubborn as mine), go for Uevo Grey wax. If you want a not so strong hold, get Nigelle Bold Make Clay. This 2 products work great for me. I'm leaning more towards Nigelle mainly because you just have to apply a little bit and you're good to go. Nigelle also gives a rather natural outlook to be honest.

Try samples before committing to purchase. Not every hair products out there suits everyone. Everyone's hair is different anyway.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
TIL almost everyone in this thread has this hair LOL

i have it too, and 4 weeks is waaaaaaaay to short. ur sides need to be touching ur chin man! 4 months, more like it.

btw u have to keep it at that length. i cut mine and POOF it became horizontal

I would say not everyone's hair after keeping to a certain length and cutting it would become horizontal. I tried that method too when my previous hairstylist told me so and it didn't work after 2 tries. The little mental breakdown of having such sides is gonna be a pain in the a$$ and you would never wanna look in the mirror.

If you ask for my recommendation, either keep it at number 2 or just shave the sides. It also depends on your head shape and facial features I guess. They do play a big part in bringing out the look with certain hairstyles.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I would say not everyone's hair after keeping to a certain length and cutting it would become horizontal. I tried that method too when my previous hairstylist told me so and it didn't work after 2 tries. The little mental breakdown of having such sides is gonna be a pain in the a$$ and you would never wanna look in the mirror.

If you ask for my recommendation, either keep it at number 2 or just shave the sides. It also depends on your head shape and facial features I guess. They do play a big part in bringing out the look with certain hairstyles.

Haha Yea. I'm just saying that if they think that growing out our type of hair is enough to keep it down, think again. This kind must commit one.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I have never really tried different hairstyles before. I'm always on mullet hairstyle since young because of the benefit of always standing hair. I usually shave the sides though. Currently trying to keep a ball shape in the middle.

A lot of people tend to underestimate the stubbornness of such hair and feels that so called this wax which is strong enough for the mainstream will feel its strong enough for everyone. This is so not true. I would say if possible, see whether anyone here offers sample packages and you try them out. I never tried Gold Digger before thus I won't comment on it.

What I can recommend is for strong hold(that is if your hair is as stubborn as mine), go for Uevo Grey wax. If you want a not so strong hold, get Nigelle Bold Make Clay. This 2 products work great for me. I'm leaning more towards Nigelle mainly because you just have to apply a little bit and you're good to go. Nigelle also gives a rather natural outlook to be honest.

Try samples before committing to purchase. Not every hair products out there suits everyone. Everyone's hair is different anyway.
Bro. U gotta venture out further. The two products you mentioned rank the lowest in terms of hold out of all those that I tried =/

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha Yea. I'm just saying that if they think that growing out our type of hair is enough to keep it down, think again. This kind must commit one.

Our difference is you want your hair to stand up while I want my hair to go down. :s13:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro. U gotta venture out further. The two products you mentioned rank the lowest in terms of hold out of all those that I tried =/

I don't have very long hair so this 2 products are good enough for me. I always compliment with Osis+ so reasonable amount of hold like Uevo Grey and Nigelle Bold is sufficient. I'm not a reviewer for hair products and neither do I sell them so I'll stick with what's comfortable for me. ;)

dark_aLLeY

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Wah lao bo jio... i also want the kent brushes. My friend bought in NYC, super good deal. He also bo jio... :(

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello gx! No style for my hair today! Because...

Going for a hair cut soon at 1pm! Yes! Hope the haircut I want is able to achieve!

kitdia

Reaction score
hair7202-600x246.jpg

A very good afternoon to all the pros here :)

i've been trying get this hairstyle but looking for a matte finish. Any advice on pdts which allow me to achieve that?

i've been using fudge matte hed extra but doesn't hold there and caused alot of hair loss when i drag my hair back. i'm looking at pomade but scare will be too shiny. Will gold digger do the job instead? (after hearing all the rave reviews about it)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.