The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hair7202-600x246.jpg

A very good afternoon to all the pros here :)

i've been trying get this hairstyle but looking for a matte finish. Any advice on pdts which allow me to achieve that?

i've been using fudge matte hed extra but doesn't hold there and caused alot of hair loss when i drag my hair back. i'm looking at pomade but scare will be too shiny. Will gold digger do the job instead? (after hearing all the rave reviews about it)

this kind of hairstyle always need little bit of shine de....

gold digger definitely can do the job....

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hair7202-600x246.jpg

i've been trying get this hairstyle but looking for a matte finish. Any advice on pdts which allow me to achieve that?

i've been using fudge matte hed extra but doesn't hold there and caused alot of hair loss when i drag my hair back. i'm looking at pomade but scare will be too shiny. Will gold digger do the job instead? (after hearing all the rave reviews about it)
Confirm can haha gold digger. Hahaha I vouch for it.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
+1 confirmation from me

Craziest thing is that you can comb/brush thru with gd on. With fudge, that's gonna hurt real bad

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Perming in progress at PS Kimage.. Hehehe

Here service very good and nice environment.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just done my hair. Very satisfied with my new hair cut. The Kimage leading stylist indeed very professional. Will do a review the stylist and the Gold digger combo product again.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
does anybody know what this hairstyle this guy is sporting called and any tips on how to style it this way?

Things I Don't Understand About Girls - YouTube

Similar to death bro, its more of a faux hawk than quiff to me. The sides aint exactly shaved either. To style this hairstyle is actually quite simple. But the trick for this hairstyle to work is that your styling product must have good holding power and your hair cannot be too thick. You have to layer it enough for it to give this look. :)

1) IMO, i will choose clay if i want to sport this hairstyle. Start off with an appropriate amount (not too much; you will have to add on later anyway). Rub adequately onto your palms to heat up the clay.

2) Start off with the crown area by targeting both the sides. Try to style it upwards as if you're building a pyramid. Hook your fingers through the "pyramid" by loosening it to avoid a "clumped up" look. This will make you look more natural.

3) By now, the clay should be more or less used up. Add more power by digging more clay and rubbing it onto your palms one more time. This time round, target the fringe by styling it up. Crunch the hair if your fringe doesn't stay there (too long and straight). You might have to blow dry later to hold it there, depending on the situation. Pinch the fingers from the roots to the ends to make it more texturized.

4) The shape should be out by this step. Touch up on the crown with hair spray to hold it there. With no hair spray, it will most probably collapse. Good holding strength is the soul to this hairstyle.

Hope it helps! :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello guys.. I have rather stubborn thick and straight hair. Have been keeping them short like 5cm mostly..? What style and products are more suitable? Thanks!

Like some of the bros that mentioned, Gold Digger will work good for you. 5cm isn't long at all so at the end of the day, most styling products with decent holding strength can be in your considerations too. With just 5cm long hair, there isn't much variety of hairstyles to play around with. Short quiff with undercut can be one plausible solution IMO.

IMO, you can try to keep it longer. Thick is not a problem. Many people have thick hair (including myself) so you just have to layer it well enough by finding a good hairstylist and you can play around with more hairstyles. Good haircut with reasonable hair length can allow you to transform into few possible hairstyles. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
The first pres-styling product you would need is the Sea Salt Spray! :s13:

I have stubborn straight hair which very hard to style. With this spray, i must say it's much much easier. :)

Yes, SSS can definitely help to tame and manage stubborn hair better. It is doing so due to the creation of the matte structure in place. But one point to note is that don't spray too many times on short hair (2 to at most 3 times should be enough for 5cm). It will become too dry and might pose difficulty in subsequent styling. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Envy those straight hair go down kind. Mine is straight but all standing up. :sad:

Bro! Don't be emo. Go perm your hair and destroy the hair bonds chemically. For that few months, you can definitely make your hair go in any way you want it to.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Even it's long also can't lay flat?

Wah.. I wan the opposite way.

Anyway.. Do I apply those hair cream ( those like serum) after Sss or before sss? Will it add some weight and defeat the purpose?

x3d bro is really kinda different. Unique, i would say.

IMO, don't apply serum together with the styling products in the day. Serum is meant for haircare to repair and replenish the nutrients (e.g. protein) to your hair. It should and will not go well with the combination of styling products that you used. Apply hair serum at night before heading to sleep is the best and this is what i do as well.

If you are looking for things to use alongside styling products, you can look for moisturizing hair cream, heat protector or similar stuffs. These are supposed to be styling products too. So they can be used together. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
jh too busy these days also :/ jy jy! hahaha imma just slack my way thru this year.

which brush yall got? mine ar? xD

I almost died from my battle with android bro! HAHA thanks man. And yes, kent brush hooted. Because i cant resist the poison. :(

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hair7202-600x246.jpg

Yes, gold digger will get the job done for you. U can't really use products that harden too fast and much if you are trying to sport this hairstyle. I am not a fan of pomade seriously because i believe there can be alternative products to pomade, that is primarily used to give high shine. Lolane Gel Gum can also help you to achieve this too but with high shine. But GD can also get the job done too anytime. :)

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro! Don't be emo. Go perm your hair and destroy the hair bonds chemically. For that few months, you can definitely make your hair go in any way you want it to.

Actually I complain here and there about my hair, I also very fan jian because I don't wanna perm. My brother has straight hair kind like death. I don't want my hair to be like that thus I still maintain. Haha.

Plus I got 3 "zun" at the back of my head so my back not alot of hair one actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.