The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Fuggin Voi hair spray is the bomb. :)
will transfer you the $ later when I'm home. :)

Got it bro! Upcoming next, i have a new hair spray from US. As usual, i am currently testing this product out myself and all i have is one extra tin on hand.

Cool Styling Chic Fix Extra Hold Finishing Hair Spray 500ml. Holds awesomely and provides evenly distributed styling through ultra-fine diffusion. Because it dries rapidly too, it does not become sticky and allows creation of fashion effects. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
You can try Tuft... German tech but is a Singapore brand... been ard for many yrs... believe or not, it available almost everywhere in the world.

Am using the 8003
TUFT For Professionals :: Products - TUFT 8003

Tuft entry model but also as powerful.. ard $40+

Real real atas salons will use Palux (made in Italy)

Babyliss is more popular for styling iron.

This is one hot babe, man. :D

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah this seems good. Got LCD display and at $40+ somemore. Any idea how strong is the motor + the temperature function? :s11:

You can try Tuft... German tech but is a Singapore brand... been ard for many yrs... believe or not, it available almost everywhere in the world.

Am using the 8003
TUFT For Professionals :: Products - TUFT 8003

Tuft entry model but also as powerful.. ard $40+

Real real atas salons will use Palux (made in Italy)

Babyliss is more popular for styling iron.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Bro. The picture one is 8003 model. Not the entry model.. :)

Got infra red some more. So good ah

yoshi_sx

Reaction score
Hello people,

I would like to seek some advice from you all hair pros here.. haha!

I'm currently using RedKen Aerate 08 as my volumizing product (Applied when hair is damp and blow dry) before applying Uevo (Green) to create a textured messy spiked up look (Sides shaved) with a layered look, graduating from the front (Lower) to the back (Higher). When viewed from the front, it looks as if my hair has lots of volume.

I hope you guys can visualize it. haha!

Any of you guys can recommend any better volumizer and wax? The current issue is that although I can achieve the effect and style, it doesn't look natural and fluffy. In the sense where the hair looks stiff. Although the good part is that, the hold is great.

I sincerely appreciate all advices.. :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello people,

I'm currently using RedKen Aerate 08 as my volumizing product (Applied when hair is damp and blow dry) before applying Uevo (Green) to create a textured messy spiked up look (Sides shaved) with a layered look, graduating from the front (Lower) to the back (Higher). When viewed from the front, it looks as if my hair has lots of volume.

Any of you guys can recommend any better volumizer and wax? The current issue is that although I can achieve the effect and style, it doesn't look natural and fluffy. In the sense where the hair looks stiff. Although the good part is that, the hold is great.

Your description is definitely clear enough for one to visualize. I believe RedKen Aerate 08 should be a mousse, meant for volumizing purposes. Actually, you're doing it well enough already. Complementing your styling product with a volumizing mousse to create a voluminous look. However, you may want to consider some of the below suggestions.

1. Try seasalt spray. It comes with better holding factor as compared to mousse.
2. If i am not wrong, Uevo (Green) gives a matte texture finish. In any case, you can try out other styling products that gives you a bit of shine. Slight shine, in this case, improves the outlook for one with some radiance given. Goes pretty well with your undercut spiked hairstyle as well.
3. In your definition, it isnt natural because it looks stiff. Either u might be applying too much to want to hold it well enough or your existing styling products might be hardening too much which tends to be "crispy"
4. Try to pair off with a lightweight hair spray to hold your hairstyle there in place. Avoid using a strong control hair spray that tends to freeze and "gelled" up your hair too much. U gain some, lose some. I.e. if you want natural look, sacrifice some of the holding power. If you want extreme control, you got to give up some aspects of looking natural.

For 1), I highly recommend trying out os fashion sea spray.
For 2), I highly recommend Gold Digger. Nigelle Bold Make clay won't suit you as its not meant for spiked up look.
For 4), I highly recommend you PowerPoint Finishing hair spray. Lightweight hair spray.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello people,

bro, sea salt spray and gold digger will serve you well.
i swear by it.
for added hold, think no more, power point spray. using it one as well!

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nigelle Bold clay is able to use for spike. Just that the holding power ain't as strong as the more common ones. Like for me it works but my hair is always standing kind so maybe that's most power difference.

yoshi_sx

Reaction score
Your description is definitely clear enough for one to visualize. I believe RedKen Aerate 08 should be a mousse, meant for volumizing purposes. Actually, you're doing it well enough already. Complementing your styling product with a volumizing mousse to create a voluminous look. However, you may want to consider some of the below suggestions.

1. Try seasalt spray. It comes with better holding factor as compared to mousse.
2. If i am not wrong, Uevo (Green) gives a matte texture finish. In any case, you can try out other styling products that gives you a bit of shine. Slight shine, in this case, improves the outlook for one with some radiance given. Goes pretty well with your undercut spiked hairstyle as well.
3. In your definition, it isnt natural because it looks stiff. Either u might be applying too much to want to hold it well enough or your existing styling products might be hardening too much which tends to be "crispy"
4. Try to pair off with a lightweight hair spray to hold your hairstyle there in place. Avoid using a strong control hair spray that tends to freeze and "gelled" up your hair too much. U gain some, lose some. I.e. if you want natural look, sacrifice some of the holding power. If you want extreme control, you got to give up some aspects of looking natural.

For 1), I highly recommend trying out os fashion sea spray.
For 2), I highly recommend Gold Digger. Nigelle Bold Make clay won't suit you as its not meant for spiked up look.
For 4), I highly recommend you PowerPoint Finishing hair spray. Lightweight hair spray.

Thank you so much!

So.. how do I utilise the sea salt spray? Is it meant to give volume? As my hair is pretty coarse and flat without any sort of volumizing product. So.. after a bath, blow dry, use wax (Golddigger?) then spray on sea salt spray?

Indeed, I tried using less wax, it has a more natural look, but the downside is.. after a few hours, it falls flat, which is annoying.

yoshi_sx

Reaction score
bro, sea salt spray and gold digger will serve you well.
i swear by it.
for added hold, think no more, power point spray. using it one as well!

Thanks! Wow, so.. how do I go about using the 3 products??

Dry hair totally by blow dry, use gold digger, followed by sea salt spray, then spray on power point??

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Nigelle Bold clay is able to use for spike. Just that the holding power ain't as strong as the more common ones. Like for me it works but my hair is always standing kind so maybe that's most power difference.

Sometimes, i do use nigelle clay for spiked but i feel that its not really ideal as one to be used in such context. Its more suitable to be used for other hairstyles IMO. And bro, your case is different bro! You are guile leh. :s13:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

So.. how do I utilise the sea salt spray? Is it meant to give volume? As my hair is pretty coarse and flat without any sort of volumizing product. So.. after a bath, blow dry, use wax (Golddigger?) then spray on sea salt spray?

Indeed, I tried using less wax, it has a more natural look, but the downside is.. after a few hours, it falls flat, which is annoying.

Yes you are right. Seasalt spray is meant to give volume too. :)

Use SSS as a pre-styling product. Spray it onto damp hair after shower then blow dry while tousling it to ensure that the sea spray is evenly distributed. Then you use your wax/clay (e.g. Gold Digger) then use PowerPoint hair spray as a finish.

Seasalt spray is not a hair spray so you don't use it as a finish. Its meant for volumizing purposes as well as other functions such as bunching up of hair as wel. Hair spray is meant to hold and fix the hair shape there. And there you go, you got your solution to hair collapsing throughout the day. Hair spray (e.g. PP hair spray) is the thing that you will want to have.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Thank you so much!

Sss use the same way as your redken!

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Use SSS as a pre-styling product. Spray it onto damp hair after shower then blow dry while tousling it to ensure that the sea spray is evenly distributed. Then you use your wax/clay (e.g. Gold Digger) then use PowerPoint hair spray as a finish.

Seasalt spray is not a hair spray so you don't use it as a finish. Its meant for volumizing purposes as well as other functions such as bunching up of hair as wel. Hair spray is meant to hold and fix the hair shape there. And there you go, you got your solution to hair collapsing throughout the day. Hair spray (e.g. PP hair spray) is the thing that you will want to have.
I find it that sss can revive collapsed hair midday too! Just one or two small sprays is enough. Unlike water it doesn't really wash away the products that are already in hair.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

PPP is damn good la. it's like spiderman's web on your hair, holding everything together.

i can go all day without the need to rake my hair. :eek:

sellphones

Reaction score

nowadays i'm getting lazy. Blowdry then quicksand then i'm out. works alright.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
this is what i use to achieve using gold digger and SSS and Powerpoint hair spray

don't judge me and my chui face. I will expect alot of trolling later on but something to share la lol

1287a1d6342511e3a0c022000a1f918d_7.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.