Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-09-2013, 11:44 PM   #6361
Master Member

Voi Styling Hair Spray - the chick hair spray

- unique nozzle (i've many hairsprays, but what i've noticed is that this nozzle sprays the hairspray evenly and over a wider portion)

- smell, it's crazy **** i tell y'all, a few sprays and there's this lovely, sweet 'chick' scent on me, can smell it even now that i'm home from dinner. this scent definitely gives you a 'softer/gentle' feel.

- pair this VOI **** with the Kanebo, man, you'll ki siao when you smell your hair, trust me

- hold is firm but it's not really stiff like the OSIS+, don't worry. a couple of sprays & all is good. couldn't resist spraying more though, i totally dig the smell.

- i woke up from an evening nap, hair's a bit messy & a few sprays of this & i'm done. imo, it does gives the hair a bit of volume. no need for the seasalt spray if you're in a hurry unless you've really flat, thin hair.

- Blow dry your hair + VOI spray, it's enough, good to go, fuss free. i don't do your comb-backs, quiffs, etc, I'm a simple man.

- this **** here beats the Sebastian Re-Shaper & OSIS+ that I've been using.

- product from jiu hu doesn't means that it's not at all good ok!

- we have a clear winner here (for me lah - you guys do know that i damn biased towards those 'sweet smelling+chick feel' stuffs mah)

Woah man. Nice review. When i read your first point, you already brought out the voice in my heart. U really know what you're writing and yes, this product is good. In fact, i am using it everyday myself too. My OSIS+ is already untouched for quite a while and i still have a lot of hair sprays tester not used yet.
Old 12-09-2013, 11:50 PM   #6362
Arch-Supremacy Member

I am looking for some scalp essence to prevent hair loss and thinning (cos worry about receding hairline at the front sides. Vivian recommended Corium necelp.
How much would this cost?

Or are there other better products?
i do know the Corium necelp that you're talking about. not bad, quite refreshing spray. the Kobayashi dudes will usually spray it for you after the scalp treatment.

Corium shampoo + necelp spray, won't go wrong, all will be well for you.

For the necelp spray, if you get from it Kobayashi, if i recall correctly the small bottle 120g would cost >$50, i may be wrong.

300g Corium necelp fresh from Japan, 120g one available too, obviously cheaper.
Note prices, are not inclusive of shipping/ems fees yet - but they wouldn't cost too much. I've shipped in the Corium shampoo & countless shits from Japan before, I know the EMS fees. This spray is abit tricky though, I've settled spray+EMS with the Japanese lads for a total cost to be around $32, but they told me EMS can't ship flammable items, I don't know for now, maybe I'll try to find other shipping methods that'll allow flammable items. needless to say, it'll be more expensive but more expensive than Kobayashi or not is anyone's guess

120g

300g

Last edited by netzach; 13-09-2013 at 12:07 AM..
Old 12-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #6363

mensbazaarsg updates:

1) Iron Society Pomade arrive! All orders will be mail tomorrow afternoon. The pre order promo will end tomorrow morning

2) HdF Sweet deal offer will end tomorrow night too

3) Brief review of Iron Society Pomade.
PS*Don't compare me with JH's review cos im not GQ or menshealth editor, thanks you!

Firstly, the scent of the pomade is damn strong even for the normal hold one (the one im using), so needless to say the Firm Hold one is 2x more strong! First touch of the wax require some force, i don't know why maybe because the top layer of the pomade have been left to dry. So, as usual scooped some of the wax, and actually about a penny coin amount of it and apply through hair. Felt abit sticky but not to the sense you feel eeww! kind. Easy to apply through my hair, doesn't cause that kind of 'stuck encounter situation' First few comb, it is quite hard like murray's that kind if people have use before but after it, it get smoother. The product is also pliable enough to let you achieve some pomp, and it leaves your hair soft. If you are looking for Imperial Hair wax Classic kind of hold, i would recommend the Firm Hold one, The normal (the one im using) gives only medium hold. This product also give some shine to it but not too much until ppl thought you just finish frying dough haha! So, here comes the washing off, not as bad as i thought, much easier then american crew and murrays pomade. I use about 2 pump of shampoo after soaking my hair in the water for a min or so. No sticky feel after drying your hair. Overall, quite happy with the product and certainly not a turn down. 1 jug if use daily can last about 3-3.5 months.

PS* Please don't compare this with HdF line or vilian hair wax product(s) as they are totally different thing

gaoxing84 and leejhong like this.
Old 13-09-2013, 12:01 AM   #6364
Arch-Supremacy Member

Woah man. Nice review. When i read your first point, you already brought out the voice in my heart. U really know what you're writing and yes, this product is good. In fact, i am using it everyday myself too. My OSIS+ is already untouched for quite a while and i still have a lot of hair sprays tester not used yet.
you know, limpeh got listen to the sounds of your heart one
Old 13-09-2013, 12:09 AM   #6365

i do know the Corium necelp that you're talking about. not bad, quite refreshing spray. the Kobayashi dudes will usually spray it for you after the scalp treatment.

if you get from it Kobayashi, if i recall correctly the small bottle 120g would cost >$50, i may be wrong.

300g Corium necelp fresh from Japan, 120g one available too, obviously cheaper.
Note prices, are not inclusive of shipping/ems fees yet - but they wouldn't cost too much. I've shipped in the Corium shampoo & countless shits from Japan before, I know the EMS fees. This spray is abit tricky though, I've settled spray+EMS with the Japanese lads for a total cost to be around $32, but they told me EMS can't ship flammable items, I don't know for now, maybe I'll try to find other shipping methods that'll allow flammable items. needless to say, it'll be more expensive but more expensive than Kobayashi or not is anyone's guess

120g

300g
Come to think of it I do not recall the scalp esscense to be spray type. I tot it was a bottle woth some bristles on top and she told me to press and massage on scalp. Can't recall maybe next time I go check it out again.
I am interested to get it may it be shipped by planes, boats or pigeons

Last edited by josephkjc; 13-09-2013 at 12:14 AM..
Old 13-09-2013, 12:13 AM   #6366
Arch-Supremacy Member

Come to think of it I do not recall the scalp esscense to be spray type. I tot it was a bottle woth some bristles on top and she told me to press and massage on scalp
if you don't believe or i may be wrong, you can head to Kobayashi and ask those dudes if this is the Corium Necelp Scalp Essence. Go see for yourself, you can show the Kobayashi dudes this post too

If it's not, don't worry, just take a picture of whatever they're using on you & I'll try get the same **** for you at a much cheaper price if I have the time. But please don't expect me to wrap the **** swee swee like Mr. JH and mail it to you, self-collection from me.
not looking to earn a single cent from you, i'm just keen to make friends with you.

Last edited by netzach; 13-09-2013 at 12:33 AM..
Old 13-09-2013, 12:24 AM   #6367
Master Member

Well damn... The hardcore gold digger plus arimino combo's defiance of logic finally gave up. Washing it off required slightly more effort. Although I didn't have to use more shampoo. Just got to work it into the hair. You gain some you lose some lol. Btw I was under the hot sun sweating and doing experiment from 3 to 5. End of the day before I just shower the hold is still there. Win liao lor. Tahan from 10am till 11pm plus outdoor, hot sun, strong winds, head movements, sweat and grime. My face died and it's still holding strong. Btw it didn't lock in anything like gel, was malleable all the way, although I didn't really have to.
gaoxing84 likes this.

Last edited by deaththeorist; 13-09-2013 at 12:36 AM..
Old 13-09-2013, 12:37 AM   #6368
Great Supremacy Member

Well damn... The hardcore gold digger plus arimino combo's defiance of logic finally gave up. Washing it off required slightly more effort. Although I didn't have to use more shampoo. Just got to work it into the hair. You gain some you lose some lol. Btw I was under the hot sun sweating and doing experiment from 3 to 5. End of the day before I just shower the hold is still there. Win liao lor. Tahan from 10am till 11pm plus outdoor, hot sun, strong winds, head movements, sweat and grime. My face died and it's still holding strong. Btw it didn't lock in anything like gel, was malleable all the way, although I didn't really have to.
wah, you found the perfect concoction already. haha i am still looking for mine
Old 13-09-2013, 12:39 AM   #6369
Arch-Supremacy Member

THE FORCE IS F**KING STRONG WITH THIS ONE

Last edited by netzach; 13-09-2013 at 12:57 AM..
Old 13-09-2013, 12:40 AM   #6370
Great Supremacy Member

mensbazaarsg updates:

1) Iron Society Pomade arrive! All orders will be mail tomorrow afternoon. The pre order promo will end tomorrow morning

2) HdF Sweet deal offer will end tomorrow night too

3) Brief review of Iron Society Pomade.
PS*Don't compare me with JH's review cos im not GQ or menshealth editor, thanks you!

Firstly, the scent of the pomade is damn strong even for the normal hold one (the one im using), so needless to say the Firm Hold one is 2x more strong! First touch of the wax require some force, i don't know why maybe because the top layer of the pomade have been left to dry. So, as usual scooped some of the wax, and actually about a penny coin amount of it and apply through hair. Felt abit sticky but not to the sense you feel eeww! kind. Easy to apply through my hair, doesn't cause that kind of 'stuck encounter situation' First few comb, it is quite hard like murray's that kind if people have use before but after it, it get smoother. The product is also pliable enough to let you achieve some pomp, and it leaves your hair soft. If you are looking for Imperial Hair wax Classic kind of hold, i would recommend the Firm Hold one, The normal (the one im using) gives only medium hold. This product also give some shine to it but not too much until ppl thought you just finish frying dough haha! So, here comes the washing off, not as bad as i thought, much easier then american crew and murrays pomade. I use about 2 pump of shampoo after soaking my hair in the water for a min or so. No sticky feel after drying your hair. Overall, quite happy with the product and certainly not a turn down. 1 jug if use daily can last about 3-3.5 months.

PS* Please don't compare this with HdF line or vilian hair wax product(s) as they are totally different thing

[IMG]/1239457_3350873468479_2041845649_n.jpg[/IMG]
ups for you. power pomade. this is the real old school pomade. you want uber hold get this. haha but this one really good for mens classic slick. like our ah tan hair. he cfm use pomade LOL.

a tip, try to use a comb when using pomade. helps alot.
like those thin sharp teeth kind.
the one you put in your wallet during your primary school days. haha only 90s kids know! LOL
Old 13-09-2013, 12:48 AM   #6371

Collected distorter from gaoxing today and bought gold digger on the spot after someone put his aeroplane.

Will be sharing my simple review now:

Started off by applying moulder on towel dryed hair and then blow drying it to create some volume.

Next, I used about a fingertip of the gold digger to style my back comb. Application was really easy because it does not clump my hair together and the hold was GREAT. On top of that, my hair remains pliable throughout.

The downside is that it is slightly heavy. My hair feels like its dropping down whenever I bend my head over, resulting in a side comb. However, I just have to rake through my hair to bring it back to back comb. Not sure if this is caused by my blow drying method or the tendency of my hair to shift to one side when it is not styled.

The gold digger has a faint smell and is rather easy to wash off as mentioned by others.

Hope this helps
gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 13-09-2013, 12:57 AM   #6372

ups for you. power pomade. this is the real old school pomade. you want uber hold get this. haha but this one really good for mens classic slick. like our ah tan hair. he cfm use pomade LOL.

a tip, try to use a comb when using pomade. helps alot.
like those thin sharp teeth kind.
the one you put in your wallet during your primary school days. haha only 90s kids know! LOL
Couldn't agree more with using comb that part. Comb alone can create that straight and neat parting and also pomp if you are skillful enough. Haha!
gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 13-09-2013, 01:04 AM   #6373
Great Supremacy Member

Collected distorter from gaoxing today and bought gold digger on the spot after someone put his aeroplane.

Will be sharing my simple review now:

Started off by applying moulder on towel dryed hair and then blow drying it to create some volume.

Next, I used about a fingertip of the gold digger to style my back comb. Application was really easy because it does not clump my hair together and the hold was GREAT. On top of that, my hair remains pliable throughout.

The downside is that it is slightly heavy. My hair feels like its dropping down whenever I bend my head over, resulting in a side comb. However, I just have to rake through my hair to bring it back to back comb. Not sure if this is caused by my blow drying method or the tendency of my hair to shift to one side when it is not styled.

The gold digger has a faint smell and is rather easy to wash off as mentioned by others.

Hope this helps
awesome bro. oh ya, if it's pliable, sure will move when you tilt your head. Mainly because of the weight of the hair and product. haha. with my short hair already will, longer hair sure will move but a simple rake will do the job.
if don't want move, must use gel or old school pomade. even imperial barber pomade also will move. haha

glad you like it and the person put aeroplane will be regretting his choice.

Couldn't agree more with using comb that part. Comb alone can create that straight and neat parting and also pomp if you are skillful enough. Haha!
If anyone interested, this guy is good. with a comb he created a pomp. First requirement, hair must be long. his hair super long.

Last edited by gaoxing84; 13-09-2013 at 01:07 AM..
Old 13-09-2013, 01:21 AM   #6374
Arch-Supremacy Member

Bro, just get the Wet Brush, more than enough already. Trust me.
Brush, Blow, Sea Salt, Blow, Hair Spray to finish. (Don't get the foldable one, fuggin useless piece of ****, at that stupid size, its good enough for combing side burns only)

Kent KFM1 Wet Brush for Men's Volcanic Quartz Andosit | eBay
should i buy from ebay or from watsons singapore? price big difference?
Old 13-09-2013, 01:25 AM   #6375
Arch-Supremacy Member

Ya, quite hot these days (I think lah, I don't know much about facial products)

Im Using this:
Jaminkyung Crema Caracol Cream Original De Caracol Overviews - Korean Cosmetics - Koreadepart
i'm ordering this tomorrow! anything else worth it to order from this site? since shipping flat rate usd$5 only, might as well max it out
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.