The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collectible

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kms one not bad. just that need to spray a lot of times. and its gonna be darn costly if 2 bottles a mth.

Collectible

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
retro hair

tumblr_mug41etiVk1r2b12jo1_500.jpg

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kms one not bad. just that need to spray a lot of times. and its gonna be darn costly if 2 bottles a mth.

try OS fashion next when got stock! haha. KMS is available for those who need it urgently. haha cause sometimes i got extra :)

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True that it is subjective.
Renati is a great brand. It has holding power and doesn't contain unnecessary ingredients like petrolatum, lanolin (oil from sheep), parabens, mineral oil and some others.
When I was doing MO for Renati in hwz back then, I was always introducing many other brands that I was not selling as I know that not all will be suitable to 1 or 2 brands, just like SKII is not for everyone.
But IMO this thread has becoming more and more for a few members pushing only what they are just selling which is no longer a hair thread that members comes together to share honest opinions and be non bias about other products.

i have tried renati b4 but not the 90degrees thing so I can't make a comparison

but renati is not bad. the hold isn't really that bad and matt mud is really quite good actually. not super fantastic until I became a repeat customer but my experience wasn't bad.

Btw, why is SKII not suitable for everyone? explain leh :s13:

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I'm not for personal interest. And I feel that it has becoming more and more unhealthy especially only a few members talking abt the same products over and over again.
Example putting down Gatsby (not a fan of cos) and introducing the one which ingredient list is equally bad as Gatsby or worse.

honestly this part I've got to agree with u partially; i have tried quite a few gatsby down the years and they were all crap. Not talking about ingredients all that. Just the quality of the product is abysmal. even their hold is just rock solid hold which other products can replicate. Its not the kind of hold where the hairstyle is maintained throughout the day but still relatively pliable, eg, your hair doesn't look like its set in cement, which I find only quality products can do.

Btw, any deep cleansing shampoo to recommend? looking for 1 next

Last edited:

Tudo88

Reaction score
honestly, i have tried quite a few gatsby down the years and they were all crap. Not talking about ingredients all that. Just the quality of the product is abysmal.

Btw, any deep cleansing shampoo to recommend? looking for 1 next

KANEBO FTW!

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Irrelevant to my point. That's not the thing I have issue with. It's the sweeping statements about ingredients that my inner scientist has a point to nitpick about.

to add on, vaseline is based around petrolatum (and so are many skin moisturizers), johonsons baby oil is like near pure mineral oil, and nivea creme's main ingredient is lanolin. parabens.... only a psycho will use in near 100%, so thats irrelevant here

once again, no offence at all. just minor education =) keeping it civil, yo.

not trying to be a product snob but I find many mass market products are fairly crap. They are cheap and cater to a wide audience, true, but their quality isn't good especially if u have certain needs (eg, sensitive skin etc)

for example, I hate petrolatum. My lip balm has to be specifically non-patrolatum based or it will make my chapped lips worse. hence, i have to either ship them in or get it exorbitantly from sephora. Can't find anything of equal quality in common drugstores like watsons/guardians. Johnson baby oil is a sure way to give me a breakout. I used to put a little on my hair as a treatment thing but it affected my scalp. So I have to source for jojoba and argan oil. Which worked far better and gives me no problems. Likewise for nivea. I don't even dare to use as the ingredient list is screaming "BREAKOUT" to me.

that being said, I understand not everyone skin/body is so picky but as a rule, most of the stuff I use can't be found in common drugstores. Maybe Sasa or sephora possible slightly. which is a b1tch when it comes to resupplying after they are finished :s13: I understand it might not be feasible/economical for singapore to bring these products in as they might cater only to a niche audience. But what I'm saying is that mass market products, even though they might sell a lot/easily available, are not necessarily good/healthy

Tudo88

Reaction score
kanebo is my regular shampoo not but its not really deep cleansing

It is my regular shampoo as well haha.Maybe for the hair gurus to recommend some deep cleansing shampoo.Will be looking forward to it as well.haha

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
not trying to be a product snob but I find many mass market products are fairly crap. They are cheap and cater to a wide audience, true, but their quality isn't good especially if u have certain needs (eg, sensitive skin etc)

for example, I hate petrolatum. My lip balm has to be specifically non-patrolatum based or it will make my chapped lips worse. hence, i have to either ship them in or get it exorbitantly from sephora. Can't find anything of equal quality in common drugstores like watsons/guardians. Johnson baby oil is a sure way to give me a breakout. I used to put a little on my hair as a treatment thing but it affected my scalp. So I have to source for jojoba and argan oil. Which worked far better and gives me no problems. Likewise for nivea. I don't even dare to use as the ingredient list is screaming "BREAKOUT" to me.

that being said, I understand not everyone skin/body is so picky but as a rule, most of the stuff I use can't be found in common drugstores. Maybe Sasa or sephora possible slightly. which is a b1tch when it comes to resupplying after they are finished :s13: I understand it might not be feasible/economical for singapore to bring these products in as they might cater only to a niche audience. But what I'm saying is that mass market products, even though they might sell a lot/easily available, are not necessarily good/healthy
lip balm i use one from guardian before lanolin based one. dunno whether still got not. i think the petrolatum ones tastes like crap.

for scalp u got try the more economical olive oil? xD maybe u sensitive to long chain oils.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
lip balm i use one from guardian before lanolin based one. dunno whether still got not. i think the petrolatum ones tastes like crap.

for scalp u got try the more economical olive oil? xD maybe u sensitive to long chain oils.
most of the guardians 1 are by mentolatum brand or lipice....which is totally crap quality. blistex is ok but smells/tastes really bad and doesn't stay on for long. I used to use the hada-labo lipbalm because it was really good and contained hydralonic acid but it seems I was the only user as they have withdrew the product since early this year. :s13::s13:

olive oil damn smelly and doesn't really 'absorb' well I feel. it just pools on the surface on the hair strand and then that's it

TLDR: I'm very particular about the stuff I use and its a huge pain in the a55 :s13:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
deep cleansing ah?

try carbolic (clean until very dry but doesn't lather that well though, the solution quite diluted) or redken deep cleanse shampoo.

redken one ex and damn small bottle only.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
deep cleansing ah?

try carbolic (clean until very dry but doesn't lather that well though, the solution quite diluted) or redken deep cleanse shampoo.

redken one ex and damn small bottle only.

carbolic no stock :(

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
kanebo is my regular shampoo not but its not really deep cleansing

sml! LOLOL! u channelling netzach? hahaha

btw kanebo not deep cleansing luh. is daily shiokness

i damn cheapo now using cetaphil these type as facial wash/scalp shampoo/body wash when sun burnt.

Actually, Kanebo is an acidic shampoo and acidic shampoo not only REMOVES the impurities and excess oils well enough for one, it also CONTROLS the oils in our hair as well. It ought to be highlighted that it doesn't mean dry to be deep cleansed and it shouldn't only be done in such manner to be sufficed as deep cleansing. Kanebo did something more than that which is to moisturize your hair so it wont become too dry. IMO, acidic shampoo is more effective in cleansing as compared to typical deep cleansing shampoos which doesn't provide any form of hydrating effects.

However, Kanebo doesn't cleanse the scalp well enough as Carbolic. In terms of cleansing properties, carbolic does a better job but tends to lose out on the moisturizing effects. You gain some, you lose some. :)

Tudo88

Reaction score
How should carbolic be used?Like twice/week?I am using kanebo on a daily basis now but since u all mentioned carbolic,i am a little hooked on it now.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How should carbolic be used?Like twice/week?I am using kanebo on a daily basis now but since u all mentioned carbolic,i am a little hooked on it now.

i use everyday. hahaha :s12:

but i fall in love with the POTE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.