The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi guys, I just got the L'oreal Total Repair conditioner from Guardian yesterday.
http://www.lorealparis.ca/img/l10n/products/305x262/Hca19_2.jpg

On the bottle, it says can repair split ends and retain moisture and three other benefits.

My question is: how often do you guys use conditioners?

Also, is it true that using conditioners will straighten permed hair / kill perms? Because I permed my hair and if using conditioners will straighten it and kill perms, then I'm not gonna use it anymore! I love my perms! Pls advise any insight etc.
In fact, I feel my hair is more straight right after using it. :eek:
This is so scary.

*Not sure how much conditioner you guys apply, but my current amount is about the size of four 50-cent coins (the older 50-cent coins, not the current 2013 generation 50-cent coins). My hair is medium length.

I use about 2-3 times per week. Nope, it doesn't straighten permed hair. In fact, it helps to repair your damaged hair after perming as it will be very dry. For stronger and more effective alternatives, hair mask is the one. But conditioner will do just fine too. After perming and when your hair is dry, it will look kinda straight. But when you styled it, the curls will be visible actually.

As for the amount, i use about half the amount of what i used for shampoo-ing. Subsequently, i apply hair serum to my hair before heading to sleep. :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
oh. i also find that the loreal conditioners are too thick. so maybe you should follow jh's schedule and amount.

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
I find the everyone should have a deep cleansing shampoo that you use once a week for the thorough cleanse. Personal fave: Wella purifying
or_496b6ad912222708663348.jpg

Aveda Men Exfoliating Shampoo (it has scrub in it)
aveda-exfoliating.jpg

Another personal fave that you can use it everyday for that extra clean but not too much... Redken clean brew
1346249528443_img-header.png

Btw... many of the better facial cleansers and shampoos in the market are acidic, more to PH 5.5... as it cleanses and protect and maintain our natural barriers.
If you have condition like dermatitis, you will opt for more alkaline ones.

Sorry to dig thread!

Where can I get Redken and Aveda products locally? Interested to try them.

Anyone has any other shampoo(for oily scalp) to recommend too would be awesome, thanks!

brightside

Reaction score
Quick question for those who are currently wearing slickback/quiff and side part styles.

How do you guys blow dry your hair? Currently using a crummy panasonic dryer with a diffuser that is so wide it really defeats the purpose of having one.

Also, what kinda combs do you guys use while blow drying hair? Paddle combs?

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig thread!

Anyone has any other shampoo(for oily scalp) to recommend too would be awesome, thanks!
Everywhere got leh. Go random shopping centre should have liao

That time got one bro posted this shampoo soap, like quite power for oily scalp, I can't rmb call what liao. But it certainly left an impression, further down from the post u went to dig. Few pages newer only

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry to dig thread!

Personally, i am using Carbolic shampoo as my scalp cleansing shampoo. Am pretty sure there are a lot of brands out there to choose from though. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Quick question for those who are currently wearing slickback/quiff and side part styles.

How do you guys blow dry your hair? Currently using a crummy panasonic dryer with a diffuser that is so wide it really defeats the purpose of having one.

Also, what kinda combs do you guys use while blow drying hair? Paddle combs?

You having permed hair or going for curly styles? Otherwise, i dont think there is a real need for you to use diffuser actually. Even i myself am not using diffuser as i don't have the required hair length to be able to utilize the usefulness of it.

Think a lot of bros got the kent brush styler to be used for blow drying. :D

Last edited:

kampong boi

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
is there a Mr Wu here? you also surf/lurk in hwz?

seems like more and more people know about GD and all the products here. brick and mortar don't have them so cannot be they ownself ship in ba

even the panic room boss also surf this thread :o

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Your new hairstyle is looking good, bro! :D

But must use alot of clay and hair spray to let it set down. I considering though. I all the way cut chicken head, never tried this type of hairstyle before. See mirror liao not used to it. :s13:

PetiaC

Reaction score
Make a guess what styling products have been used.

B3911BAC-0507-479F-9F57-F4AC5D6A6F9D-5389-000007860337CBBD_zpsb58ae191.jpg

ANS: No product. Blow dry hair with old hair dryer and Kent gel styling brush. Looks neat instead of haywire when I use a cheap comb

PetiaC

Reaction score
You having permed hair or going for curly styles? Otherwise, i dont think there is a real need for you to use diffuser actually. Even i myself am not using diffuser as i don't have the required hair length to be able to utilize the usefulness of it.

Think a lot of bros got the kent brush styler to be used for blow drying. :D

My beautybay order for the babybliss still no news...

But I go order a compatible diffuser in case my wife needs it.

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
Everywhere got leh. Go random shopping centre should have liao

That time got one bro posted this shampoo soap, like quite power for oily scalp, I can't rmb call what liao. But it certainly left an impression, further down from the post u went to dig. Few pages newer only

Checked around watsons, guardian don't have leh, probably will visit whathewants see look.

I went to dig a lil, saw this Imperial Leather, Tabac, those are for hair?

Andy0601a

Master Member
Reaction score
Personally, i am using Carbolic shampoo as my scalp cleansing shampoo. Am pretty sure there are a lot of brands out there to choose from though. :)

Hey, carbolic soap bars? tried googling carbolic shampoo to no avail.

I scanned through almost the entire offering from watsons and guardian already, they don't anything specific for oily scalp(or specifically for men for that matter), only came across this french brand one in guardian, didn't look too appealing tho, tried body shop, they had one for oily scalp, didn't look appealing too.

Gonna find time to visit specialize shop like whathewants, any other place to recommend me for a huge range of men's haircare product? been browsing through some online offerings too, headache uh, so many selection online! :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.