The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
no no. the shop call aveda. by itself one. Marina sq got i think. j8 used to have.
redken any ol salon can have.

PetiaC

Reaction score
Hey, carbolic soap bars? tried googling carbolic shampoo to no avail.

I scanned through almost the entire offering from watsons and guardian already, they don't anything specific for oily scalp(or specifically for men for that matter), only came across this french brand one in guardian, didn't look too appealing tho, tried body shop, they had one for oily scalp, didn't look appealing too.

Gonna find time to visit specialize shop like whathewants, any other place to recommend me for a huge range of men's haircare product? been browsing through some online offerings too, headache uh, so many selection online! :s13:

Last time I got see in Watson got sell a kaolin clay shampoo for oily scalp dunno the brand.

brightside

Reaction score
You having permed hair or going for curly styles? Otherwise, i dont think there is a real need for you to use diffuser actually. Even i myself am not using diffuser as i don't have the required hair length to be able to utilize the usefulness of it.

Think a lot of bros got the kent brush styler to be used for blow drying. :D

hey thanks for responding. I dont have permed hair nor am i going for curly styles. I actually want to wear a slick back/side part hair style. However Cant seem to blow dry it nicely..

which brush from kent is useful/practical for blow drying that kinda hair style?

Åkerskog

Reaction score
Hello! Pardon my newbie-ness :s12: Just wanted to consult yall experts on what's the best hair wax/clay for thick hair of 8- 12cm long that has an all-day strong hold without the use of hairspray. preferably easy to wash off too (i have skin/scalp issues) Matte or shiny look both are fine :)

so far i've tried the following products and am not satisfied one way or another:

1. Gatsby wild shake purple- has the ideal holding power, but difficult to wash out. kinda itchy too

2. gatsby mat grunge grey- good for texturising, but not much hold

2. dominate out of bed- dryness makes it hard to apply evenly. holding power is weak unless i apply a lot, which it then looks oddly stiff and plastic

3. obsidian dual touch wax- hardly any hold, but it does a great job of providing a healthy looking shine and is the easiest to wash off, no itch at all no matter how much i apply

Downloaderz

Reaction score
Okay i just touched down in sg and need to stock up on spray. Where can i get osis 3 or any alternative hairsprays? Easier if around orchard

Horiv3

Master Member
Reaction score
Okay i just touched down in sg and need to stock up on spray. Where can i get osis 3 or any alternative hairsprays? Easier if around orchard

You can buy em from venus beauty stores or the shop at far east plaza lvl 5 that sells hair products.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Hey, carbolic soap bars? tried googling carbolic shampoo to no avail.

I scanned through almost the entire offering from watsons and guardian already, they don't anything specific for oily scalp(or specifically for men for that matter), only came across this french brand one in guardian, didn't look too appealing tho, tried body shop, they had one for oily scalp, didn't look appealing too.

Gonna find time to visit specialize shop like whathewants, any other place to recommend me for a huge range of men's haircare product? been browsing through some online offerings too, headache uh, so many selection online! :s13:

Q8 Cosmetics

this one.

brightside

Reaction score
My beautybay order for the babybliss still no news...

But I go order a compatible diffuser in case my wife needs it.

Which model did you buy? Looking to buy one too.. probably the powerlite. How long has it been since your order? :)

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Venus got sell q8 carbolic?

btw leejhong, if I use conditioner everyday, will there be a problem?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hello! Pardon my newbie-ness :s12: Just wanted to consult yall experts on what's the best hair wax/clay for thick hair of 8- 12cm long that has an all-day strong hold without the use of hairspray. preferably easy to wash off too (i have skin/scalp issues) Matte or shiny look both are fine :)

so far i've tried the following products and am not satisfied one way or another:

1. Gatsby wild shake purple- has the ideal holding power, but difficult to wash out. kinda itchy too

2. gatsby mat grunge grey- good for texturising, but not much hold

2. dominate out of bed- dryness makes it hard to apply evenly. holding power is weak unless i apply a lot, which it then looks oddly stiff and plastic

3. obsidian dual touch wax- hardly any hold, but it does a great job of providing a healthy looking shine and is the easiest to wash off, no itch at all no matter how much i apply
Depends on what hair style you wanna do.

Gold digger got strong hold and it's good to tame thick hair
however if your hairstyle is damn wild. I suggest you finish it off with hair spray.

Can also try sea salt spray if you want the shape after blow dry. If yours is thick and stubborn. Then sea salt spray + gold digger combo is good.
If thick and soft, gold digger is good enough.

Alternatively you can try nigelle bold make clay. Soft clay with strong hold.

If not the new hdf claymation. Clay wax combo but I nv use before, can't comment much. Haha

It boils down to what you're trying to style.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyway, Kent brush does soothe out my hair while blow drying.

To create volume, I think best use fingers to create movement in the root for first round of blowing. Then semi dry alr, see the volume alr, then comb and style the shape using Kent styler till fully dry.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Osis session is everywhere. Try far east plaza. Sure have. There's one store on level 3 that sells osis.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hey thanks for responding. I dont have permed hair nor am i going for curly styles. I actually want to wear a slick back/side part hair style. However Cant seem to blow dry it nicely..

which brush from kent is useful/practical for blow drying that kinda hair style?

Use fingers to learn how to blow dry first then start to use brush. Brush not easy. For more advanced users I think.

Fingers easier to control than brush

Still a noob here that's why still prefer using fingers
Lol

hoesoverbros

Reaction score
Guys! just tried HdF Claymation! Will give a short detail of the overall product:D Too tired to type one now haha!

PetiaC

Reaction score
Which model did you buy? Looking to buy one too.. probably the powerlite. How long has it been since your order? :)

I bought the powerlite also. Order around 2 weeks ago. Free shipping is liddat one lah very slow.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
But must use alot of clay and hair spray to let it set down. I considering though. I all the way cut chicken head, never tried this type of hairstyle before. See mirror liao not used to it. :s13:

It all roots down to getting used to it. Its a habit thing. But IMO, u look much better with this new style! :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
My beautybay order for the babybliss still no news...

But I go order a compatible diffuser in case my wife needs it.

Yeah usually only females will need diffuser. Guys can't really have any grounds of opportunity to use them at all. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.