The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
so after blow dry, use sea salt, blow dry again, use GD, then use pp?

so many things? :o
No need la.
Spray sea salt on damp towel dried hair, distribute the product into your hair by rub your hair with your palms. Then blow dry, do it with your head upside down to create volume. Blow it towards the side you want, then after its dry. Style with GD. Use powerpoint hair spray if needed for extra hold. :)

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
No need la.
Spray sea salt on damp towel dried hair, distribute the product into your hair by rub your hair with your palms. Then blow dry, do it with your head upside down to create volume. Blow it towards the side you want, then after its dry. Style with GD. Use powerpoint hair spray if needed for extra hold. :)
learn from batman, he hang upside down then style his hair

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Using Pantene cause I like the soft after effect :D

The wax was introduced by a friend. Last time always use gel cause I like easy to wash off. But I like matte style so he ask me use this clay. Told him I got difficulty washing this clay, but he insist that he can wash it off easily.

So now I'm looking for others liao.

My hair super soft, need something that can hold it well throughout the day. Any recommendation?

Actually, not only Pantene has soft after effect. I dont think Pantene is strong enough to cleanse effectively. In your situation, either you change your styling product to one that is much easier to wash (most decent products can be washed off easily) or you change your shampoo. U can perhaps add on a deep cleansing shampoo or something similar into your hair care regimen to better take care of things. It will helps in the long run. :)

Anyway, cannot lose to mensbazaar. Early morning tips from TPJ: U can use conditioner before shampoo-ing to wash off the hard to remove styling products. See this as a make up remover. Massage onto the hair and everything else shd come off easily. Then after that, shampoo your hair as per normal. If it still doesnt work out, then something is really wrong.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Although the process of styling your hair with so various product. It's definitely fun doing at least for me!

Don't worry. You will be one of them with the "so fluffy" hair!

I think beside seasalt as your prestyling product and GD as your styling product. You not going to get hair spray? If not it won't hold well ah..

Gosh my pp spray going to finish?! Like 1/4 left!! New Stock when come siol TPJ!?!?

Yeah do consider getting a bottle of hair spray. Dont have to be PP but dont choose gatsby too either. Because you have soft hair, it will not be too hard to tame your hair. GD will be able to do the job well for you but it can be heavy too. Give and take, not all products are perfect. So depending on the hairstyle that you wear, it might or might not go well for you if it collapses. Hence, thats why people invented hairspray for a reason. To hold and fix it there just right for you. With that said, you live life on your own terms. Gotta admit that hairspray is often the first item on their list to be omitted which i feel that it shouldnt be neglected too. :)

Anyway bro! PP hair spray is going to come soon. Woah you use damn fast leh. Should i be happy? :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Towel dry hair, sea salt spray, blow dry, GD, pp (optional but best to use tgt if want super hold). there you go bro!

mensbazaarsg LATE NIGHT TIPS on using Hanz de Fuko Product:D:

Folks! Those who are cocktailing Hanz de Fuko Claymation together with Sponge wax, please do take note that it is best to use 2/3 of claymation together with 1/3 of sponge wax. Tried 1/2 each of the product today and the strong isn't there and the whole cocktail mix your hair 'weigh' even heavier, thus keep dropping down, no more quiff :(. Optimal result would be as mentioned earlier:D

#justmy2cent #salesisgoodtonight #dontflameme

Thanks for sharing the great tips! I was thinking how long can your hair last after i saw your picture. This answers everything! Are you using hair spray too? :)

tatsit

Honorary Member
Reaction score
Anyway, cannot lose to mensbazaar. Early morning tips from TPJ: U can use conditioner before shampoo-ing to wash off the hard to remove styling products. See this as a make up remover. Massage onto the hair and everything else shd come off easily. Then after that, shampoo your hair as per normal. If it still doesnt work out, then something is really wrong.

a tip from jh a day, keeps hair problems away

btw, if use this method, conditioner first then shampoo, after shampooing do we have to use conditioner again?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
No need la.

Hang upside down not xin ku meh? Alternatively, you can also try blowdrying against the other side that you always blow. This will naturally create more volume for you. Thats why i always cut hairstyle that can cater to both partings.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
a tip from jh a day, keeps hair problems away

btw, if use this method, conditioner first then shampoo, after shampooing do we have to use conditioner again?

For me, i dont. Because i don't like the idea of using conditioner more than once a day, just like i dont like to shampoo more than once a day. I supplement it with serum at night instead to replenish the lost proteins in my hair, which is the Fudge Ends that i posted before.

Anyway, just to mention that although this method i used before, its meant more for products that are hard to wash away. I believe there are still a lot of people who prefer to use Gatsby. Its a democratic society so just go ahead and use and perhaps this method will suit them more. For people who are using GD, QS, SSS, and many many more, shampoo then conditioning should work just as fine as everything else comes off easily.

WhiteFox

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
when I blow dry, I naturally get some volume to the hair. but I been watching youtube on hairstyling, I don't quite understand the difference between hot blowdry and cold blowdry. Got difference at all?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hang upside down not xin ku meh? Alternatively, you can also try blowdrying against the other side that you always blow. This will naturally create more volume for you. Thats why i always cut hairstyle that can cater to both partings.
Haha comes with experience. Not upside down from behind, just bend down in front. Then the hair will flop and blow. Haha easier for me. Haha

OpticalBoy

Reaction score
when I do this, when the hair dry, the hair looks like afro :eek:

try when hair is not as wet already, blow it in the direction/style you want it instead of random directions all over your head. i think thats what is happening which gives you that look.

helps with your styling too!

youre lucky huh got soft hair can shape into many styles. my hair is slightly stubborn so need to use real strong stuff to keep it in place

yurec456

Reaction score
i blow it in the opposite direction of how i am going to style it.
but then my hair quite soft so easier to mold into shape. haha.

When's PP spray coming in :( i need spray soon.
What's eta of latest batch of GD ah? thinking of when i should order my second tub. hehehe

do you all trim the short hair at the front of your hairline ah?
some of the hairs very short so cannot comb up. from far cannot see but near near can see

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
i blow it in the opposite direction of how i am going to style it.
but then my hair quite soft so easier to mold into shape. haha.

When's PP spray coming in :( i need spray soon.
What's eta of latest batch of GD ah? thinking of when i should order my second tub. hehehe

do you all trim the short hair at the front of your hairline ah?
some of the hairs very short so cannot comb up. from far cannot see but near near can see

PP spray is already in bro! Did you place order for it already? If so, i should have texted you already.

I think you should tell this problem to your stylist and see what he/she says about it. It depends on the hairstyle that you wear too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.