The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

solaryzed

Reaction score
I would strongly advise you not to do that. Use everything in moderation. Nigelle DS TF treatment can totally displace and replace the use of conditioner. So if you use hair mask (recommended usage is 2-3 times per week), please do not use conditioner. Serum is more of convenience product so i usually apply it before heading to bed. Not too much of it too. If you use everything together, your hair will be overly nourished and it might lead to greasy hair or even worse. So please dont.

I see, so i should just stop using the conditioner totally? And i'm currently applying the serum twice a day. Once after i wake up, another before i head to bed.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I see, so i should just stop using the conditioner totally? And i'm currently applying the serum twice a day. Once after i wake up, another before i head to bed.
I still maintain that one should use conditioner daily. The treatment is merely a stronger conditioner that u can sub out twice a week.

However I just realised how oily and hard to wash off lipid based conditioners are, and hence I feel that one should only skip the conditioning step if the conditioner is still felt in the hair even after shampooing.

As for serum, follow instructions on the packaging lo.... I think once a day should be more than enough though.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

If its me, i will stop using the conditioner for a period of time. Because the hair mask is already doing the job. Serves no additional purpose in using all kinds of products at one go. In this case, i know which product suits me best. As for serum, please try to stick to once per day. Consistency is the key. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I still maintain that one should use conditioner daily. The treatment is merely a stronger conditioner that u can sub out twice a week.

However I just realised how oily and hard to wash off lipid based conditioners are, and hence I feel that one should only skip the conditioning step if the conditioner is still felt in the hair even after shampooing.

As for serum, follow instructions on the packaging lo.... I think once a day should be more than enough though.

Actually, I would say that its not oily but moisturizing. Most conditioners are oil-based actually and as a matter of fact, japanese conditioners are more moisturizing as it is able to help a lot during the winter. Of course, no such purpose in the context of SG. So, if you reduce the portion appropriately, it should be able to do the job well for you too. I remember you mentioning "slippery" and "oily" previously. Guess its hard to say whats good or bad at times. :s13:

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya ya 90 degrees :p
So which one wld be better ah? Nvr see claymation before but remembered something not so good abt quicksand haha.
90 degrees is fine with shorter hair but when my hair gets longer and before I go salon, it's sort of hard to manage, lack of holding and kinda flat after a while. And I think my current spray weighs down a bit sometimes, mayb I spray wrongly :p

I never use claymation before. Used quicksand once and never touch it again. Not because its a bad product but because it does nothing for me. Am guessing its due to my permed hair, thats why. Quicksand gives you a matte polish as top-coat. Should be able to control the oily look if one's hair is oily too.

90 degrees is very good for people with thin hair IMO and it should be able to do the job well enough for you. Which hair spray are u using now? Perhaps you can share with us how u use it too? :)

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Actually, I would say that its not oily but moisturizing. Most conditioners are oil-based actually and as a matter of fact, japanese conditioners are more moisturizing as it is able to help a lot during the winter. Of course, no such purpose in the context of SG. So, if you reduce the portion appropriately, it should be able to do the job well for you too. I remember you mentioning "slippery" and "oily" previously. Guess its hard to say whats good or bad at times. :s13:

good or bad all interpretations up to the reader! =:p

i merely present my findings with minimum bias :s13:

really first time in many years using a oil-based one... and i use super little liao. u know the toothpaste advert amount? yea i use 1/3 of that, once in 3 days.
since it cant be washed of throughly with water, and since i'm not used to the feeling, sometimes i reach for the shampoo again under reflex. lol XD

but the residue does help in keeping the shaved sides down, if its kept down during the drying process. altho the main bulk of the hair still feels........ sticky? yea sticky is the word i'd be going with. the kind of sticky when u eat KFC and mama lemon just doesnt wanna get rid of the stuff thats on ur hands.

solaryzed

Reaction score

What do you mean "if the conditioner is still felt in the hair even after shampooing." ?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Just received 3x kanebo shampoo and 1 x conditioner. Sibei heavy. Buay tahan. Haha. Also 1 pp and 1 voi hairspray. JH tan my money gao gao. Haha I still waiting for Pote organic shampoo. Bring in soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.