The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

prozaizxc

Reaction score
Frizzy i can understand but curly? What shampoo will make your hair curly? Coz if like that, people dont have to go perming already. Assuming that its frizzy that you are referring to, the shampoo might be too dry for your hair. U need a shampoo that moisturizes your hair more. This is because when there is adequate moisture in the hair, the hair strands will not be dry and hence, no more frizzy hair at all. Pair it off with a conditioner if you want your hair to be even further moisturized. In some cases, some use conditioner to have added weight to their hair so that it looks more bunched up and not divided and haywired.

I can't guarantee that kanebo will be definitely meet all of your expectations but in terms of providing hair moisture and getting rid of impurities (e.g. styling products; GD is definitely okay as its very washable already), kanebo did well for me and as honest as it seems, it did well for most of the responses that i collected so far.

Kanebo acidic shampoo costs $35.90 while Pote is currently unavailable. Pote's pricing is to be confirmed when stocks are here next year or so. :)

KANEBO LISSAGE VOGNE ACIDIC SHAMPOO 800ML (pH 5.5) - ThePrettyJerk

haha yea, curly. My hair is very easily pulled out especially when shampooing and applying hair products and even just playing with my hair when I'm bored. Is like around 10 strands of hair pulled out when styling using GD normal? And when shampooing there is quite a few strands of hair that is pulled out and i can see in the foam. its not a bunch of hair that is pulled out though, just individual strands from everywhere of the head. I'm 17 btw. and relating this back, i know my hair is curly after using that shampoo because previously my hair was straight and flat but after using it and when my hair strands drop off, it is extremely curly, even forming "S" shapes when laid flat on a table :(

Collectible

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought the powerpoint spray from leejhong on sat. went out today from 11am to 11pm. gotta say, the product is really fantastic.

combo: sss + gold digger(from gaoxing) & pp spray.

my hair did drop a bit (because i went for steamboat), but doesnt give me much problem if i go and touch up with the gd.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I either intend to buy for her 1 year supply of lense or her perfumes. Will seem cheapo or not arh? :sad:

Its the thought that counts, bro! If you feel that she will like it and it shows ur sincerity and efforts in choosing this, i dont see why not. :D

PetiaC

Reaction score
Dust It the hold is good but considering that its powder, its kinda expected of it too. But the thing about dust it is that it can be pretty hard to wash off which tends to be a major minus.

And the price is freaking expensive for a small amount.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha yea, curly. My hair is very easily pulled out especially when shampooing and applying hair products and even just playing with my hair when I'm bored. Is like around 10 strands of hair pulled out when styling using GD normal? And when shampooing there is quite a few strands of hair that is pulled out and i can see in the foam. its not a bunch of hair that is pulled out though, just individual strands from everywhere of the head. I'm 17 btw. and relating this back, i know my hair is curly after using that shampoo because previously my hair was straight and flat but after using it and when my hair strands drop off, it is extremely curly, even forming "S" shapes when laid flat on a table :(

I feel it isnt the shampoo that makes ur hair curly. To make your hair curly, the hair bonds have to be structurally changed through chemical means. Shampoo isn't capable of doing such at all else there wouldnt be perming and such processes out there in the first place. However, what explains your "curly" hair now then. I am guessing two possible reasons to your situation, which i did some googling to better explain it all.

Possibility #1: Stress damaged hair (Hair pattern changing from thick to thin or straight to curly or stress-damaged hair)
Quoting from the article: "I always thought I had straight hair, not perfectly straight but reasonably straight. However I have noticed over the past three years that I had some “super curly hair” (as I have begun to call it)."

Perhaps what you are seeing right now is stress damaged hair. Again from the article, "This damage is likely due to pulling from brushes or combs that meet snarls or snags and stretch the hair when pulled on through.". This might be even made worse if the styling products left over in the hair is not removed properly which makes it harder for it to be raked through. This will then eventually result in the "curly" hair that you are seeing.

Possibility #2: Heat damaged hair (http://urbanbushbabes.com/2011/05/signs-of-heat-damage-what-you-can-do/)
If your natural hair texture is straight (most asians have straight hair too), and it fails to return back to the original state (what you're seeing now as "curly"), then your hair might be damaged. One possibility is due to heat. Direct heat appliances such as hairdryer, can actually damage your hair if used improperly.

Quoting from the article once again, "Direct heat appliances or tools can cause the cuticles of your strands to be stripped off or break away from the surrounding fibers. The explanation for this is because heat tools or appliances can literally instantly drain the moisture from your hair which can cause the outer layer (the cuticles) to expand and release moisture of your strands that were trapped in."

Of course, there might be other possibilities on top of the aforementioned possibilities too. I aint an expert on this anyway and all these can be retrieved from some researching too. It might be due to some chemical processes that you have undergone as well. The reason why its made to shown as your shampoo makes your hair curly is also probably because its too drying for your hair. As mentioned in the previous post, when your hair is dry, there is no moisture. When there is no moisture, your hair is dehydrated and will look dry and consequently, it makes the hair look "curly" too. As for the frizzy, it is often accompanied with damaged hair too. This means that your outermost layer of the hair (cuticle layer) is raised and not flat so that totally explains your frizzy hair.

Baseline is that IMO, your hair is definitely damaged. All kinds of symptoms are already shown. Dry and brittle hair. Frizzy hair. Susceptible to breakage. But i still feel that its not damaged from shampoo, of course. Most shampoos out there are suitable for everyone to use but the crux lies on finding the one that suits you and your hair type. Now this is my personal humble recommendation to you. I might be wrong so u can just take it with a pinch of salt.

#1: Get a moisturizing shampoo. Needless to say, your hair is too dry and not moisturized. If possible, get a pH balanced and moisturizing shampoo then that will helps even more. When you have moisture, your hair will have the added weight and it will tend to return back to the natural hair texture over time, if the situation is not serious. Yes, kanebo shampoo. I really recommend u to give it a try but of course, its up to you at the end of the day. :)

#2: Get some hair treatment products. Deep condition your hair by either using an extra moisturizing conditioner or hair masks (if you want it to be more effective). Deep conditioning treatments will give your hair a bit of a boost, add a little extra moisture and protect from frizz. Nigelle DS Tf Treatment is amazing IMO. It helped me to overcome my dry and damaged hair after perming.

#3: Be gentle to your hair. The yanking off part for GD is not normal IMO. When i use GD, the most i yank off is 2-3 strands of hair. So if you yanked off 10 strands of hair or so, do something to prevent it. At the end of the day, shampoos and other treatments can only help to reduce the damage and not totally cure it. The best way is prevention. :)

Last edited:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
bought the powerpoint spray from leejhong on sat. went out today from 11am to 11pm. gotta say, the product is really fantastic.

combo: sss + gold digger(from gaoxing) & pp spray.

my hair did drop a bit (because i went for steamboat), but doesnt give me much problem if i go and touch up with the gd.

Yes, powerpoint does help to keep the hair shape in place with really minimal effort invested. Because it dries very fast too, so no worries on looking too "wet" as well. Glad that you liked it too bro! :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
And the price is freaking expensive for a small amount.

Dust It is only 10g. But don't underestimate this 10g of powder coz u will be surprised that this small guy can last you almost indefinitely. HAHA

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I feel it isnt the shampoo that makes ur hair curly. To make your hair curly, the hair bonds have to be structurally changed through chemical means. Shampoo isn't capable of doing such at all else there wouldnt be perming and such processes out there in the first place. However, what explains your "curly" hair now then. I am guessing two possible reasons to your situation, which i did some googling to better explain it all.

Possibility #1: Stress damaged hair (Hair pattern changing from thick to thin or straight to curly or stress-damaged hair)
Quoting from the article: "I always thought I had straight hair, not perfectly straight but reasonably straight. However I have noticed over the past three years that I had some “super curly hair” (as I have begun to call it)."

Perhaps what you are seeing right now is stress damaged hair. Again from the article, "This damage is likely due to pulling from brushes or combs that meet snarls or snags and stretch the hair when pulled on through.". This might be even made worse if the styling products left over in the hair is not removed properly which makes it harder for it to be raked through. This will then eventually result in the "curly" hair that you are seeing.

Possibility #2: Heat damaged hair (Signs of Heat Damage & What You Can Do!)
If your natural hair texture is straight (most asians have straight hair too), and it fails to return back to the original state (what you're seeing now as "curly"), then your hair might be damaged. One possibility is due to heat. Direct heat appliances such as hairdryer, can actually damage your hair if used improperly.

Quoting from the article once again, "Direct heat appliances or tools can cause the cuticles of your strands to be stripped off or break away from the surrounding fibers. The explanation for this is because heat tools or appliances can literally instantly drain the moisture from your hair which can cause the outer layer (the cuticles) to expand and release moisture of your strands that were trapped in."

Of course, there might be other possibilities on top of the aforementioned possibilities too. I aint an expert on this anyway and all these can be retrieved from some researching too. It might be due to some chemical processes that you have undergone as well. The reason why its made to shown as your shampoo makes your hair curly is also probably because its too drying for your hair. As mentioned in the previous post, when your hair is dry, there is no moisture. When there is no moisture, your hair is dehydrated and will look dry and consequently, it makes the hair look "curly" too. As for the frizzy, it is often accompanied with damaged hair too. This means that your outermost layer of the hair (cuticle layer) is raised and not flat so that totally explains your frizzy hair.

Baseline is that IMO, your hair is definitely damaged. All kinds of symptoms are already shown. Dry and brittle hair. Frizzy hair. Susceptible to breakage. But i still feel that its not damaged from shampoo, of course. Most shampoos out there are suitable for everyone to use but the crux lies on finding the one that suits you and your hair type. Now this is my personal humble recommendation to you. I might be wrong so u can just take it with a pinch of salt.

#1: Get a moisturizing shampoo. Needless to say, your hair is too dry and not moisturized. If possible, get a pH balanced and moisturizing shampoo then that will helps even more. When you have moisture, your hair will have the added weight and it will tend to return back to the natural hair texture over time, if the situation is not serious. Yes, kanebo shampoo. I really recommend u to give it a try but of course, its up to you at the end of the day. :)

#2: Get some hair treatment products. Deep condition your hair by either using an extra moisturizing conditioner or hair masks (if you want it to be more effective). Deep conditioning treatments will give your hair a bit of a boost, add a little extra moisture and protect from frizz. Nigelle DS Tf Treatment is amazing IMO. It helped me to overcome my dry and damaged hair after perming.

#3: Be gentle to your hair. The yanking off part for GD is not normal IMO. When i use GD, the most i yank off is 2-3 strands of hair. So if you yanked off 10 strands of hair or so, do something to prevent it. At the end of the day, shampoos and other treatments can only help to reduce the damage and not totally cure it. The best way is prevention. :)

to be honest ah. if learn to use GD the proper way, won't even yank out hair.
the first few times i use, always got hair yanked out. now, not even a strand.
I guess its the application and method use.
and of course how much care did the person bother to do on his hair.
Using a range of shampoo products from JH and everything is good.

Carbolic shampoo, Nigelle Treatment, Toni and guy conditioner and Pote shampoo (OMG, this is the best! :s22::eek:)

now sometimes apply quicksand + GD combo, i never use hair spray also won't flop. maybe because my hair long!

next hair do! soon purple will say i start another trend. LOL flatter version but don't know my chui face shape can pull it off anot.
wenn4015222-3752704604842516852.jpg

this one also buay pai, the messier quiff
boy-chace-crawford-gg-gossip-girl-Favim.com-815756.jpg

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Sorry guys, need do some Men's Bazaar updates: :s11:

Hanz de Fuko modify pomade, hybridized wax out of stock.

Hanz de Fuko claymation left <20 around there, never do stock count.

Hanz de Fuko quicksand available for backorder since many requested.

Hanz de Fuko sponge wax left 3 jug.

All product except Claymation will be restock this coming friday. I mass spam supplier email liao:D

Imperial Classic Pomade left 3 jug

Imperial Fiber Pomade left 7 jug

Thanks you very much! Enjoy your last few hours of weekend before the start of the hell week folks! :D

claymation bo sample ah? sell till song song alr. haha :s13:

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hi what does perming really do?

Its to chemically change the structural bonds of the hair to become curly. There are a few variations of perming. Two main broad categories of permed results are tight curls and loose curls. For a more comprehensive answer, i think google will be a better solution. :D

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Its the thought that counts, bro! If you feel that she will like it and it shows ur sincerity and efforts in choosing this, i dont see why not. :D

You know lar. Last few years gifts all quite expensive then suddenly. Actually I already told her before liao, Christmas, Vday and birthdays to me are like nothing because its like just an excuse to receive more gifts for the female. I said only the date we got together is important to me.

Initially she couldn't take it. :s13:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think this is my current hairstyle leh. Cannot confirm whether ijjit. Need JH to confirm because so far only he has seen me in the my new cut.

next hair do! soon purple will say i start another trend. LOL flatter version but don't know my chui face shape can pull it off anot.
wenn4015222-3752704604842516852.jpg

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any hair loss doctor to recommend?

Doctors i dun have their names but u can try this centre out. Trichokare. They specialize in hair related issues, like oriental hair solutions and etc, but their prices tend to be more economical. Reviews on them are not bad as they dont really hard sell their packages to you. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I think this is my current hairstyle leh. Cannot confirm whether ijjit. Need JH to confirm because so far only he has seen me in the my new cut.

I might be wrong but I wouldnt say so. Yours is totally shaved on the sides and your crown is definitely of a higher gradient than that of the pic. Yours is comb back which tends to be more voluminous as well. The pic one is actually more "quiet" while yours is quite "loud", if you get what i mean. :)

Nurse.Vijay

Master Member
Reaction score
will perming help create a more textured slick back hairstyle? or is it best to stay natural for slick back?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I might be wrong but I wouldnt say so. Yours is totally shaved on the sides and your crown is definitely of a higher gradient than that of the pic. Yours is comb back which tends to be more voluminous as well. The pic one is actually more "quiet" while yours is quite "loud", if you get what i mean. :)

Ohh okay. But Su said mine isn't considered as comb back leh. She said mine is side quiff or something. Can't really remember but looks something like that other than the sides. :s13:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.