HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22-09-2013, 02:04 PM   #7111

anyone can recommend a good holding and lasting hair spray that is cheap like around $10? i tried the gatsby spray at ntuc but doesnt seem to last long for my fringe and it keeps dropping down.

xtremerave
Old 22-09-2013, 02:05 PM   #7112
Master Member

I'm very sorry but I don't see how oily scalp means gatsby.

Perhaps your meant you were using gatsby and that's why your scalp is oily =P
Yes. That is one of the possibility wondering if Gatsby was one of the contributing factors or causes.
Old 22-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #7113
Great Supremacy Member

anyone can recommend a good holding and lasting hair spray that is cheap like around $10? i tried the gatsby spray at ntuc but doesnt seem to last long for my fringe and it keeps dropping down.
10 bucks dont get you good stuff.

if you want really cheap and generic, go for the loreal.

if you want both at $10, hard to find ah..

any a good wax/clay + spray will last you a long time because a little of each can style your hair.

or maybe your fringe is too long and you need a hair cut
Old 22-09-2013, 02:31 PM   #7114
Great Supremacy Member

anyway, to add on too Leejhong comprehensive summary.

Sea salt spray is never oily. maybe on your hands due to the gel ingredient.

it supposed to make your hair feels a little dry, as if you just sun-dried your hair after a swim in the sea.

this kind of dryness is kinda natural compared to roof lift spray etc. with such dryness, it easier to style your hair in any manner you want.

a rule.

Dry hair is always easier to style compared to wet hair because there's no water in your hair, lesser weight.
that is why you see hair stylist always dry your hair before styling.

with sea salt spray, a certain amount of hold is already in there that helps complement the styling product like wax/clay or even pomade.
leejhong likes this.
Old 22-09-2013, 02:42 PM   #7115

Yes. That is one of the possibility wondering if Gatsby was one of the contributing factors or causes.
Don't or rather never let the hair product touch the scalp. Will choke up the pores and cause even more sebum produce by scalp as a reaction.
gaoxing84 and deaththeorist like this.
Old 22-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #7116
Great Supremacy Member

Anyone want a slot for batch 8 gold digger? Will be here in next Tuesday! Left 2 slots! Haha.

Pair it with sea salt spray and finish it with powerpoint hair spray!
Old 22-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #7117
Master Member

Just remembered I still had one refill pack for the shiseido fogbar. Loaded it up and damn do I like this spritz on gel wax thingy spray. Hehe.

Btw that time got people wanna buy Kent mens styling brush right? Still wanna buy anot ar? Wan share shipping? XD
Old 22-09-2013, 06:11 PM   #7118
Master Member

Kudos to you for wanting to get rid of gatsby hair spray. On top of what you mentioned, its hard to wash away and it "gelled" your hair up terribly. It also gives white flakes when you touch your hair due to the ingredients used. You can try PowerPoint finishing spray 400ml. Gatsby is 150ml and its approximately $10. Add on another 9.90 to get PP hair spray which is almost 3 times the nett volume. Sometimes, good products doesnt have to be expensive too.
Old 22-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #7119
Master Member

Anyone want a slot for batch 8 gold digger? Will be here in next Tuesday! Left 2 slots! Haha.

People who want to have a taste of good holding strength and ease of application, give gold digger a try. There's a reason why its at the 8th batch now. Till today, i think its a good hoot.
Old 22-09-2013, 06:15 PM   #7120
Great Supremacy Member

People who want to have a taste of good holding strength and ease of application, give gold digger a try. There's a reason why its at the 8th batch now. Till today, i think its a good hoot.
I damn gian to try this Gold Digger but I'll just stick to Nigelle Bold Make Clay. Its good enough for me.
Old 22-09-2013, 06:42 PM   #7121
Master Member

I damn gian to try this Gold Digger but I'll just stick to Nigelle Bold Make Clay. Its good enough for me.
Next time pass you some to try, bro. My tub too big for me to use finish too. Haha
deaththeorist likes this.
Old 22-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #7122
Great Supremacy Member

Next time pass you some to try, bro. My tub too big for me to use finish too. Haha
I think don't want better. 2IC kpkb abit already saying keep getting new hair accessories.

Btw, I modified my sister's old hair dryer. Later wanna test whether can run without overheating or not. Its an old National hair dryer.
Old 22-09-2013, 06:58 PM   #7123
Master Member

I think don't want better. 2IC kpkb abit already saying keep getting new hair accessories.

Btw, I modified my sister's old hair dryer. Later wanna test whether can run without overheating or not. Its an old National hair dryer.
modify?
10char
Old 22-09-2013, 07:42 PM   #7124
Master Member

I like to give it a try. How do I go about getting a slot?

Thanks in advance.
Old 22-09-2013, 07:43 PM   #7125
Master Member

Don't or rather never let the hair product touch the scalp. Will choke up the pores and cause even more sebum produce by scalp as a reaction.
Thanks. I will take note of that.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.