HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-09-2013, 05:09 PM   #7246
Great Supremacy Member

My short and simple review on these 2 products i got from the quicksand and gd combo from gaoxing bro but he was very nice in helping me to change the quicksand in the combo to spongewax as i wanted to try that. he actually helped me to order from mensbazaar so plus point!! haha! This is my first experience in trying these products other than wax/clays i bought from saloons that i cut my hair at. I first use the sponge wax and then apply a little gd to just hold the hair but i would like to try just gd alone like how the slikhaar people do it the spongewax smells extremely good but the gd doesnt really smell good. smells like it has alot of chemicals tbh. but anyway the spongewax is able to very nicely spike my hair up without clumping the hair together at all which is awesome and i just use a little bit of gd to finish so i cant really say much about the gd yet but i will update yall when i use more of it!
btw when yall say concocting the 2 together do you mean puting one after the other or putting both in your palms and mix them together then apply?
hey thanks bro!

Gold digger will smell good after applying in your hair. haha trust me. i was also put off by its smell at first but generally, when you touch your hair after applying and smell your hand, it doesn't smell that bad and actually smells good. haha.

we would suggest to apply 1 layer of the first product first then the 2nd product as a 2nd layer.
but if you think mixing them together works for you by all means! haha it's all about experimenting it and finding the best way for yourself.!
Old 24-09-2013, 05:19 PM   #7247

hey thanks bro!

Gold digger will smell good after applying in your hair. haha trust me. i was also put off by its smell at first but generally, when you touch your hair after applying and smell your hand, it doesn't smell that bad and actually smells good. haha.

we would suggest to apply 1 layer of the first product first then the 2nd product as a 2nd layer.
but if you think mixing them together works for you by all means! haha it's all about experimenting it and finding the best way for yourself.!
haha yeah i find the smell on the hand after applying kinda addictive also but it also has the spongewax smell like mixed together.
so just put 1 product and work in the hair without style then apply the second product then start styling? cos if you start styling when you apply the first product then the second one when applying will mess up the hair again right haha
thanks for the advice! hehe
Old 24-09-2013, 05:39 PM   #7248
Great Supremacy Member

haha yeah i find the smell on the hand after applying kinda addictive also but it also has the spongewax smell like mixed together.
so just put 1 product and work in the hair without style then apply the second product then start styling? cos if you start styling when you apply the first product then the second one when applying will mess up the hair again right haha
thanks for the advice! hehe
yup, that's correct! haha glad that you like it!
Old 24-09-2013, 05:42 PM   #7249
Great Supremacy Member

yup, that's correct! haha glad that you like it!
Yesterday night I tried to do comb back with hands. I used sea salt + Nigelle clay, make me look like I have 1 mushroom on my head.

Think my front still abit short.
Old 24-09-2013, 05:55 PM   #7250
Great Supremacy Member

Yesterday night I tried to do comb back with hands. I used sea salt + Nigelle clay, make me look like I have 1 mushroom on my head.

Think my front still abit short.
back comb or side comb, fringe must be long. haha
Old 24-09-2013, 05:56 PM   #7251
Supremacy Member

all i can say its your hair not long enough and you need to shave your sides.

try to use a conditioner first. then when its soft after washing.

use SSS on wet hair, dry it backwards.. then use gold digger to spread evenly into your hair, then comb sideways or backwards using your fingers. i can see your hair really stubborn kind.

you need use a little more gold digger to weigh the hair down backwards.

i suggest you leave your fringe longer, so it will be heavy and fall back behind.
Like a boss, bro. All straight to the point. Just a minor add on, dont use too much SSS to do backcomb as it will be too dry and might be harder for you to achieve the look that you want.
gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 24-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #7252
Great Supremacy Member

back comb or side comb, fringe must be long. haha
Ohh okay. Fringe is the front part of your hair right? Sorry I noob in all these si mi fringe, slope and etc.
Old 24-09-2013, 06:12 PM   #7253
Great Supremacy Member

Ohh okay. Fringe is the front part of your hair right? Sorry I noob in all these si mi fringe, slope and etc.
yep! fringe is the front. haha. leave it long so that the weight can fall back when u comb back!
Old 24-09-2013, 06:21 PM   #7254
Master Member

hey thanks bro!

but if you think mixing them together works for you by all means!
haha it's all about experimenting it and finding the best way for yourself.!
i find that diff products work differently, and some work better the former way, and some better the latter way. but i do kind of style it first after i put the first layer, like at least shift it into position before doing the fine adjustments when the 2nd round comes in.
Old 24-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #7255
Master Member

hahaha yup! and the top part is called the crown.

maybe u can try pushing the crown part back and down first before styling ur fringe? that works sometimes...
Old 24-09-2013, 06:32 PM   #7256
Greater Supremacy Member

Use lukewarm water to wash your hair. Do not agitate your scalp with hot water especially if you're having sensitive scalp.
I know hot water is out unless it is a very cold rainy day.

but warm water like not shiok one, cold water will refresh me

thanks for all the replies though, shall go read up more about it
Old 24-09-2013, 06:44 PM   #7257
Great Supremacy Member

hahaha yup! and the top part is called the crown.

maybe u can try pushing the crown part back and down first before styling ur fringe? that works sometimes...
Arh okay. I hate it when I need to go down buy cigarettes. Have to style hair just to go down buy cigarettes. But ohh well, I too ai swee also.
Old 24-09-2013, 07:09 PM   #7258

Arh okay. I hate it when I need to go down buy cigarettes. Have to style hair just to go down buy cigarettes. But ohh well, I too ai swee also.
Wah, i got one friend also same as u. Stay home also need style hair.
Old 24-09-2013, 07:13 PM   #7259

i find that diff products work differently, and some work better the former way, and some better the latter way. but i do kind of style it first after i put the first layer, like at least shift it into position before doing the fine adjustments when the 2nd round comes in.
I've been doing that but I find that if I just make minor adjustments like to the ends of the hair, not much of the 2nd product is able to be applied to the roots without messing up the hair!
Old 24-09-2013, 07:32 PM   #7260
Master Member

I've been doing that but I find that if I just make minor adjustments like to the ends of the hair, not much of the 2nd product is able to be applied to the roots without messing up the hair!
Then don't? As in dun bother reaching the roots a second time. I seldom do also haha
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.