HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-09-2013, 03:04 PM   #7291
Great Supremacy Member

I think you should try using hair straighter. The iron one. Have a feeling of that u cfm find it useful and efficient.
haha i got use before. dont like leh. haha my hair won't curl one. haha no need straighten.

Old 25-09-2013, 03:10 PM   #7292
Master Member

haha i got use before. dont like leh. haha my hair won't curl one. haha no need straighten.

Not to straighten la! To make stand and give volume. Hair stylist always like to use on my pencil straight hair this way. Always end up with big hair.
Old 25-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #7293
Arch-Supremacy Member

When your hair is fine, it means that the diameter of your hair is smaller and "thin" refers to not having a lot of hair. When your hair is thick, it means you generally have a lot of hair and the diameter of the individual hair strands tends to be generally larger too, but not always. In some cases, its not surprising to have fine and thick hair too.

I would beg to differ on the usage of SSS. Many people mistake the point of having thicker hair to having volume.

Case #1: Thick hair (Lots of hair and thick hair diameter)
When your hair is thick, yes its true that you have a lot of them. People with thick hair go well with any kind of styling products. Proximity of hair growth is high and you will appear to have a lot of hair. People in this category is unlikely to escape from the term "coarse". However, this doesnt mean you have volume too. There are several factors coming into play.

Type 1: Thick and full but not voluminous (pong). This means that your hair has more weight which leads to heaviness. When its heavy, it tends to be lying down due to gravitational force and it will naturally fall flat. So when its flat, there is naturally no volume. People of this type can use SSS too. I myself am in this category. When my hair is dry, its totally flat and there is no volume but there is fullness. So i use SSS to create the volume to complement my already in-place fullness to look even better.

Type 2: Thick and full and voluminous (pong). This means that you got the volume already. Your hair is often sticking out and is almost never flat. It can be said to be untamed too. You often find yourself having to shave the sides very often. People in this category do not see the need to use SSS which is legit as they do not require the volume at all. However, a regular and good haircut is often required to control it well.

Case #2: Fine and thick hair (Lots of hair and small hair diameter)
When your hair is fine and thick, you have lots of them but the diameter is small. In this case, your hair will appear to look soft and having good hair texture. IMO, people who are in this category will look great with their hairstyle and portray a healthy outlook with well growth hair. With that said, SSS is also possible for people who falls into this category as it creates volume for you too.

Case #3: Fine and thin hair (Not much of hair and small hair diameter)
People often associate fine and thin together but they actually means different things. People in this category will benefit the most from using SSS as it will create a full and voluminous impression to others upon application of SSS.

Just stating my 2cents worth of opinions again. Because i recommend SSS to people with thick hair and similarly, it works well for them too. On a side note, I got a fren who dun need to style or do anything but his hair looks like a mane and totally untamed. So SSS will not work or is unnecessary for him in this case.
JH bro, any stylist to recommend at shirelymah?
Old 25-09-2013, 03:20 PM   #7294
Great Supremacy Member

Not to straighten la! To make stand and give volume. Hair stylist always like to use on my pencil straight hair this way. Always end up with big hair.
then my heat protector will come in handy.

need to buy those thin portable one. haha
Old 25-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #7295
Master Member

i think the words you are looking for is fine vs coarse, thick vs thinning. if thats the case, we need one more case! case #4! (too many cases for you? all these are in lower case if that helps #lamepunjokes) [reread the thing properly and realized the missing case is my case lol. coarse and thin)

>On a side note, I got a fren who dun need to style or do anything but his hair looks like a mane and totally untamed.
>So SSS will not work or is unnecessary for him in this case

actually it can still work wad. who says SSS is all about volume? it can tame flyaways and provide better control. spray and leave to airdry without agitation whatsoever.
Argh yes you are right bro. Coarse vs. Fine (Hair diameter). Thick vs. Thin (Proximity of hair growth). And for the second time, yes you are right too. However, i believe fundamental purpose of SSS is about creating volume. Of course there will be other uses for it too but i believe other styling products are possible or perhaps even better alternatives for achieving that, at times.
deaththeorist likes this.
Old 25-09-2013, 03:25 PM   #7296
Master Member

JH bro, any stylist to recommend at shirelymah?
I only patronize one hairstylist over there. His name is Ivan. Haha
stam likes this.
Old 25-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #7297
Master Member

then my heat protector will come in handy.

need to buy those thin portable one. haha

Hopping onto the topic! I got 2 new mini straighteners to sell off too (pink/ White w black stripes). One each at $21.90. Interested bo?
Old 25-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #7298
Great Supremacy Member

Hopping onto the topic! I got 2 new mini straighteners to sell off too (pink/ White w black stripes). One each at $21.90. Interested bo?
wah wah opportunist ah! hahaha broke riao!
Old 25-09-2013, 04:31 PM   #7299
Master Member

wah wah opportunist ah! hahaha broke riao!
Not opportunist! If i purposely raise price then that label will suffice la bro. Haha shun bian let u know that i got such offer for you man.
deaththeorist likes this.
Old 25-09-2013, 05:11 PM   #7300

i beg to differ. I feel that sea salt spray benefits everyone. From asian to ang moh.

However, ang moh will tend to find it easier without sea salt spray because of their hair texture, its soft and less stubborn, therefore easy to create the volume.

For asian, it benefits us more because most of us have straight and flat hair. Fine as well. Therefore with the use of sea salt spray, we can create volume equivalent to what a ang moh have. It's a life saver for asians who wants a quiff or pomo. But of course there are asian who are lucky to have good hair genes so therefore sea salt spray may not be needed.
and generally all asians hair are really stubborn. Once they are down, they won't go up! (i meant the hair)

sea salt spray only works well with long hair.
Short hair where got need. lol short hair don't even need to style, just have the shape there.

anyway most products are made to target the angmoh market what. haha japanese products will target the japanese.

and Chinese and Japanese got different genes as well!
okay.. Caucasian hair is mainly finer, Asian hair is thicker... sea salt spray helps limpy hair and put it this way.. pple who needed the extra help in styling. For Asian thicker hair could be heavier, the prob is you will need a wax/styling product that is suitable for you to hold your type of hair.

Actually, I was trying to say generally ang mo products are first made to target ang mo market. Example, Asian brands will not have glosser becos Asian market doesn't need it. I maybe wrong but I'm yet to see one, and most of pple not in the professional industry don't even know what a glosser color is. So likewise, pre style products has a smaller market in Asia.

I know that you guys are selling the products. I just wanna share what i know and im very sure that many pple will like your products. Don't wanna offense anyone.
Personally I would like to try hanz de fuko quicksand but it's out of stock.
Old 25-09-2013, 05:15 PM   #7301

i think the words you are looking for is fine vs coarse, thick vs thinning. if thats the case, we need one more case! case #4! (too many cases for you? all these are in lower case if that helps #lamepunjokes) [reread the thing properly and realized the missing case is my case lol. coarse and thin)

>On a side note, I got a fren who dun need to style or do anything but his hair looks like a mane and totally untamed.
>So SSS will not work or is unnecessary for him in this case

actually it can still work wad. who says SSS is all about volume? it can tame flyaways and provide better control. spray and leave to airdry without agitation whatsoever.
No la... Coarse is associate to thick and DRY.
Old 25-09-2013, 05:18 PM   #7302
Great Supremacy Member

okay.. Caucasian hair is mainly finer, Asian hair is thicker... sea salt spray helps limpy hair and put it this way.. pple who needed the extra help in styling. For Asian thicker hair could be heavier, the prob is you will need a wax/styling product that is suitable for you to hold your type of hair.

Actually, I was trying to say generally ang mo products are first made to target ang mo market. Example, Asian brands will not have glosser becos Asian market doesn't need it. I maybe wrong but I'm yet to see one, and most of pple not in the professional industry don't even know what a glosser color is. So likewise, pre style products has a smaller market in Asia.

I know that you guys are selling the products. I just wanna share what i know and im very sure that many pple will like your products. Don't wanna offense anyone.
Personally I would like to try hanz de fuko quicksand but it's out of stock.
haha no offense taken. we are all here for discussion.
ya lor. HdF all this is aim for ang moh market. not us. haha they don't give a **** about us.

wait for mensbazaar to restock. haha. it's not that bad. but hold and strength wise for us asian hair, don't expect it to be super strong. haha it's good for ang moh hair and weather, but here, different story. i use it to complement the gold digger.
it's very light weight though. try to get it into your roots, will work better. It's like nothing in there when applied.

actually no one here knows about sea salt spray till someone discussed about me. haha basically i started the thing about sea salt spray and leejhong was the one who recommended me that.

i saw they use it in slikhaar tv youtube, then i am like wow, i can do this with such a spray? so i went on to look for it. haha
Old 25-09-2013, 05:24 PM   #7303

haha no offense taken. we are all here for discussion.
ya lor. HdF all this is aim for ang moh market. not us. haha they don't give a **** about us.

wait for mensbazaar to restock. haha. it's not that bad. but hold and strength wise for us asian hair, don't expect it to be super strong. haha it's good for ang moh hair and weather, but here, different story. i use it to complement the gold digger.
it's very light weight though. try to get it into your roots, will work better. It's like nothing in there when applied.

actually no one here knows about sea salt spray till someone discussed about me. haha basically i started the thing about sea salt spray and leejhong was the one who recommended me that.

i saw they use it in slikhaar tv youtube, then i am like wow, i can do this with such a spray? so i went on to look for it. haha
Thanks for your understanding... even korean or Japanese styling products... might not able to withstand our humid climate. My hair is quite ok.. even a level 3 strength will hold.
Old 25-09-2013, 06:16 PM   #7304
Master Member

No la... Coarse is associate to thick and DRY.
:/ how would you differentiate between thick and thick then?
i think most people use the word coarse since its antonym is fine, and fine is pretty unobjectionable. if not later use thick and thick then must further clarify like what jh bro had to waste words doing >.>

\begin{random links that agree with me}
Hair texture and how to measure it
Hair Density - Hair Strands Number
The Thick And Thin Of Hair: What Type Do You Have?: Girls in the Beauty Department: glamour.com
\end{random links that agree with me}
Old 25-09-2013, 06:19 PM   #7305
Master Member

Thanks for your understanding... even korean or Japanese styling products... might not able to withstand our humid climate. My hair is quite ok.. even a level 3 strength will hold.
huehuehue.... smth to look into after i graduate? hmmmmmm
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.