Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-09-2013, 06:07 PM   #7396
Great Supremacy Member

i want emil or rasmus hair! can already! hahaha
Old 28-09-2013, 06:20 PM   #7397
Supremacy Member

True that.. Those have curly hair envy straight hair, vice versa

Does perming actually damage hair as harmful as bleaching?
Old 28-09-2013, 06:23 PM   #7398
Master Member

i want emil or rasmus hair! can already! hahaha
You can do videos like them and people will want your hair too, bro!
Old 28-09-2013, 06:26 PM   #7399
Master Member

True that.. Those have curly hair envy straight hair, vice versa

Does perming actually damage hair as harmful as bleaching?
Yes perming is equally as damaging as bleaching. It will make your hair very dry if unattended to, hair can be yanked out easily and it will lead to increased hair fall. So, after performing these chemcially pampering stuffs for your hair, be sure to perform adequate hair care to look after it. But take note that you can't perm your hair at salon then bleach ur hair at the very next min, your hair will be GONE. Hairstylist wont do it for you too. Time lapse between both have to be at least one to two weeks.
Old 28-09-2013, 06:40 PM   #7400
Supremacy Member

Yes perming is equally as damaging as bleaching. It will make your hair very dry if unattended to, hair can be yanked out easily and it will lead to increased hair fall. So, after performing these chemcially pampering stuffs for your hair, be sure to perform adequate hair care to look after it. But take note that you can't perm your hair at salon then bleach ur hair at the very next min, your hair will be GONE. Hairstylist wont do it for you too. Time lapse between both have to be at least one to two weeks.
Woah.. Cos my hair was bleached 1.5mths ago. Ytd we were saying about perming ma. Then I thought of.. So if my bleached hair gets perming. I think it can go out of way and hair not just fall, it breaks. Lol!
Old 28-09-2013, 06:46 PM   #7401
Great Supremacy Member

You can do videos like them and people will want your hair too, bro!
Cannot leh. My hair so chui. Haha they every time got professional hair cut by their hair stylist.
Old 28-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #7402
Master Member

Woah.. Cos my hair was bleached 1.5mths ago. Ytd we were saying about perming ma. Then I thought of.. So if my bleached hair gets perming. I think it can go out of way and hair not just fall, it breaks. Lol!
1.5months is actually quite long ago alr. But if you are still worried, you can kiv perming till some other time bro. Its safer this way. Meanwhile, you can research more about perming and what kind of permed style do you want. You still have time!

My HK hairstylist once told me that bleaching and perming are like enemies. Don't do them together else its really GG for you.
Old 28-09-2013, 06:50 PM   #7403
Master Member

Cannot leh. My hair so chui. Haha they every time got professional hair cut by their hair stylist.
If you chui, then what about us?
Old 28-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #7404
Great Supremacy Member

If you chui, then what about us?
Haha you all elite handsome model leh. Haha me is peasant.
Old 28-09-2013, 07:35 PM   #7405
Supremacy Member

1.5months is actually quite long ago alr. But if you are still worried, you can kiv perming till some other time bro. Its safer this way. Meanwhile, you can research more about perming and what kind of permed style do you want. You still have time!

My HK hairstylist once told me that bleaching and perming are like enemies. Don't do them together else its really GG for you.
Kiv perming?

Eh you two lead model here leh. We then Chao peasant
Old 28-09-2013, 11:20 PM   #7406
Master Member

Kiv perming?

Eh you two lead model here leh. We then Chao peasant
As in keep in view for perming. Do it at a later point of time! HAHA no one interested in the nigelle texture clay ah!
Old 29-09-2013, 12:17 AM   #7407
Great Supremacy Member

As in keep in view for perming. Do it at a later point of time! HAHA no one interested in the nigelle texture clay ah!
haha must give samples before we know! haha
Old 29-09-2013, 12:43 AM   #7408
Master Member

Abit shy about nigelle le leh lol.

Add on to the enemies list. Dyeing also. None of those 3 **** can be done tgt becos h2o2
Old 29-09-2013, 04:51 AM   #7409
Great Supremacy Member

Hope all of you had a great night. I've never done a review before and only posted pictures of my hair only thus now doing one because JH actually did asked me to write a review. My reviews are usually quite strict, harsh and non bias to the product so please do not get offended and bear with me. Your patience in taking time off to read this post would be greatly appreciated.

This review would be based on a product I recently purchased from JH which is the "Nigelle Bold Make clay". I would also do a short comparison against Uevo Grey wax. As some of you know, I have a mullet hairstyle which isn't natural to begin with. I was also previously using Uevo Grey wax before deciding to switch over to Nigelle Bold Make clay.

Steps taken:
1. 3 pumps of OS sea salt spray
2. Blow dry to form shape
3. Apply Nigelle Bold Make clay
4. Blow to form shape again
5. Osis+ Freeze 3

1st up for Nigelle Bold Make clay, I would like to comment on the smell as some of you know I'm a sucker for fragrance. Overall, Uevo Grey wax's smells way nicer. Nigelle Bold Make clay kinda has a stingy smell to my nose when its too near and even though my hair ain't as long as the rest here, I'm still able to smell it. Its not really to a disappointing factor but its still bearable. So people who are sucker for fragrance, you might wanna take note on this and see whether you're able to bear with it. I don't know about the rest but I'm still able to as long you're not applying too much.

2nd up for Nigelle Bold Make clay, the strength or some people say, holding power. I'm not sure whether clay is suppose to have a stronger hold but to me, Uevo Grey wax is better in this honestly. Of course, I'm only using this as a statement to people who have mullet hairstyle. When my hairstylist used it on my hair, it was good because more or rather from what I noticed, is that she has already applied the moouse or etc which really clumps my hair together nicely after blow drying. Maybe because I'm still a noob at blow drying that's why I'm unable to achieve that even after using OS sea salt spray or it could have been the holding power of OS sea salt spray ain't to my expectation. Frankly, I never believed in the saying, "you should style it and use hair products to make your hair looks natural". Like what I mentioned, I have a mullet hairstyle so to me, its never natural to begin with. What I can do is just make it as matte as possible, I don't like a shiny outlook on my hair. Nigelle Bold Make clay doesn't really clamp my hair as strongly as Uevo Grey wax. What it actually does to my hair is make it slump up and form a gradual mountain instead of a sharper one. I always liked the sharper mountain effect instead of just a gradual one but my girlfriend said a gradual mountain actually looks nicer instead of the sharp one. She said it looks too unnatural to her. And ohh yeah, the way I test holding strength is usually take abit of product, rub against thumb and index finger, then apply it to abit of crown area hair to see whether it clamps together. My hair is the always standing kind. Sadly, Nigelle Bold Make clay doesn't really do well in this. Like what JH said, its main selling point is reasonable strength control with a natural outlook. Doesn't really go well with my stubborn hair though.

Another issue I'm facing is the playing around time. Uevo Grey wax lets me have sufficient time to play around before it really dries up. Nigelle Bold Make clay imo, dries up quite fast which isn't a bad thing but it might pose a problem to people like me who likes to fiddle around with their hair during styling process.

All in all, its not a bad product. To me, its holding strength reasonable to me but just that it might not be to my liking that much but I'm still okay with the product itself. Ultimately, this review is like a shoutout to all the people here having a mullet hairstyle, stubborn and always standing hair.
Old 29-09-2013, 08:01 AM   #7410
Master Member

Hope all of you had a great night. I've never done a review before and only posted pictures of my hair only thus now doing one because JH actually did asked me to write a review. My reviews are usually quite strict, harsh and non bias to the product so please do not get offended and bear with me. Your patience in taking time off to read this post would be greatly appreciated.

This review would be based on a product I recently purchased from JH which is the "Nigelle Bold Make clay". I would also do a short comparison against Uevo Grey wax. As some of you know, I have a mullet hairstyle which isn't natural to begin with. I was also previously using Uevo Grey wax before deciding to switch over to Nigelle Bold Make clay.

Steps taken:
1. 3 pumps of OS sea salt spray
2. Blow dry to form shape
3. Apply Nigelle Bold Make clay
4. Blow to form shape again
5. Osis+ Freeze 3

1st up for Nigelle Bold Make clay, I would like to comment on the smell as some of you know I'm a sucker for fragrance. Overall, Uevo Grey wax's smells way nicer. Nigelle Bold Make clay kinda has a stingy smell to my nose when its too near and even though my hair ain't as long as the rest here, I'm still able to smell it. Its not really to a disappointing factor but its still bearable. So people who are sucker for fragrance, you might wanna take note on this and see whether you're able to bear with it. I don't know about the rest but I'm still able to as long you're not applying too much.

2nd up for Nigelle Bold Make clay, the strength or some people say, holding power. I'm not sure whether clay is suppose to have a stronger hold but to me, Uevo Grey wax is better in this honestly. Of course, I'm only using this as a statement to people who have mullet hairstyle. When my hairstylist used it on my hair, it was good because more or rather from what I noticed, is that she has already applied the moouse or etc which really clumps my hair together nicely after blow drying. Maybe because I'm still a noob at blow drying that's why I'm unable to achieve that even after using OS sea salt spray or it could have been the holding power of OS sea salt spray ain't to my expectation. Frankly, I never believed in the saying, "you should style it and use hair products to make your hair looks natural". Like what I mentioned, I have a mullet hairstyle so to me, its never natural to begin with. What I can do is just make it as matte as possible, I don't like a shiny outlook on my hair. Nigelle Bold Make clay doesn't really clamp my hair as strongly as Uevo Grey wax. What it actually does to my hair is make it slump up and form a gradual mountain instead of a sharper one. I always liked the sharper mountain effect instead of just a gradual one but my girlfriend said a gradual mountain actually looks nicer instead of the sharp one. She said it looks too unnatural to her. And ohh yeah, the way I test holding strength is usually take abit of product, rub against thumb and index finger, then apply it to abit of crown area hair to see whether it clamps together. My hair is the always standing kind. Sadly, Nigelle Bold Make clay doesn't really do well in this. Like what JH said, its main selling point is reasonable strength control with a natural outlook. Doesn't really go well with my stubborn hair though.

Another issue I'm facing is the playing around time. Uevo Grey wax lets me have sufficient time to play around before it really dries up. Nigelle Bold Make clay imo, dries up quite fast which isn't a bad thing but it might pose a problem to people like me who likes to fiddle around with their hair during styling process.

All in all, its not a bad product. To me, its holding strength reasonable to me but just that it might not be to my liking that much but I'm still okay with the product itself. Ultimately, this review is like a shoutout to all the people here having a mullet hairstyle, stubborn and always standing hair.
Exactly my thoughts! Quite scary that it really is so identical to what I feel. Only difference is how you measure strength only lol.

Also, good morning people! Rainy day huh
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.