HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29-09-2013, 01:09 PM   #7426
Arch-Supremacy Member

Let's just say you should not follow blindly everything u read online. I should have known better of course

Had a really unhealthy scalp & quite bad hairloss
Old 29-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #7427
Master Member

Let's just say you should not follow blindly everything u read online. I should have known better of course

Had a really unhealthy scalp & quite bad hairloss
Oh no!!! I'm reading this. I'm online. Nooooooo
Old 29-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #7428

Okay, after heeding some of your advices, I have tried the gold digger again today and this time with JH's advice, I have style it opposite of the usual way and it really looks like it has more volume! This time though, I just towel dried my hair quite thoroughly instead of blow drying as blow drying tends to make my hair very very dry and frizzy so its hard to style. Towel drying throughly makes my hair softer somewhat and easier to style. Its almost dry when I apply the GD except for the roots as my hair is pretty short so towel drying almost dries it totally. The GD is much easier to apply this way. I find the smell of the GD now very nice and it has a very manly smell. The smell of the GD grew on me as I used it and now I love it! GD FTW~
gaoxing84 and deaththeorist like this.
Old 29-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #7429
Great Supremacy Member

i think our handsome JH shld do a video on styling hair.

haha for me is simple and straight forward.

Bua the entire head in circular motion using palms, use finger to get the products into the roots for hold and finish off with raking of my hair backwards with my fingers and using the remaining wax in the palms to somehow push back all the flyaways.

lol 15mins everyday. includes blow dry and everything.
Old 29-09-2013, 02:53 PM   #7430
Supremacy Member

Bua the entire head in circular motion using palms, use finger to get the products into the roots for hold and finish off with raking of my hair backwards with my fingers and using the remaining wax in the palms to somehow push back all the flyaways.

Wah I fully agree! Bro Jh should do a video! You also can!

We look forward our singapore version of Slikhaar!
Old 29-09-2013, 02:59 PM   #7431

+1 to this...

hard to explain y but
Got the fresh out of shower smell, its like releasing pheromones.

Just being honest here.
Old 29-09-2013, 03:19 PM   #7432
Arch-Supremacy Member

that being said, I can't stand girls with smelly hair especially if they are long... cos I'm usually taller than them and just nice their hair will be where my nose is. especially in enclosed areas, i can tell who don't wash their hair regularly and its really really
Old 29-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #7433
Honorary Member

waiting for JH video
Old 29-09-2013, 04:11 PM   #7434
Master Member

Wah I fully agree! Bro Jh should do a video! You also can!

We look forward our singapore version of Slikhaar!
BOTH TOGETHER!
Old 29-09-2013, 04:27 PM   #7435
Arch-Supremacy Member

im quite impressed with the nigelle clay after experimenting for the past 1 week. initially wasn't very happy with it until I got the 'hang' of using it
Old 29-09-2013, 04:49 PM   #7436
Supremacy Member

Just wondering again.. If I dyed my hair (those normal box dye)today then this Friday I perm my hair. Strongly not recommended right? Cos my hair colour getting ugly and obvious.. Very light chestnut brown now. Black hair grown about 4cm only.
Old 29-09-2013, 04:51 PM   #7437
Master Member

couple of random tips to share after reading through...hard to quote multiple posts

YMNV but here goes:

- when styling, use your palm. based from personal experience, this will have far better results than just purely using fingers to 'pick'. Like what some people have already commented, use the whole palm. It helps give a more 'natural' look and avoid smearing too much on any 1 part. You can 'mold' the shape easier too. Use fingers to finish off at the end....

- start from the crown/middle, then work your way to the back and then the sides last. there's actually a difference in effect

- like what the others mentioned, i use a bit of water when using very 'thick' hair products like clay. Obviously please dont try this with wax as it will be damn disgusting. mix with very little water to spread the clay easier. note that this will add a little shine and also make the hold less. its a trade-off

- lastly, its all a matter of experience and practice. thats why its very hard to achieve the same effect as when your hair-stylist does it for you
Nice sharing bro! Thumbs up!
Old 29-09-2013, 04:52 PM   #7438
Master Member

Oh no!!! I'm reading this. I'm online. Nooooooo
This just made me laugh literally. But true enough. What we are discussing here is also online and in a public domain. Take everything with a pinch of salt and soon, you will know whats best for you.
Old 29-09-2013, 04:54 PM   #7439
Master Member

Okay, after heeding some of your advices, I have tried the gold digger again today and this time with JH's advice, I have style it opposite of the usual way and it really looks like it has more volume! This time though, I just towel dried my hair quite thoroughly instead of blow drying as blow drying tends to make my hair very very dry and frizzy so its hard to style. Towel drying throughly makes my hair softer somewhat and easier to style. Its almost dry when I apply the GD except for the roots as my hair is pretty short so towel drying almost dries it totally. The GD is much easier to apply this way. I find the smell of the GD now very nice and it has a very manly smell. The smell of the GD grew on me as I used it and now I love it! GD FTW~
I am so glad that you bothered to try it out bro! Glad that it helps you too. Sometimes, its all about illusion and covering up. And seems like you are the only other one who seems to think that the smell is kinda masculine. Not really that horrid afterall. In fact, i pretty much like it too! GD FTW! GAOXING FTW!
deaththeorist likes this.
Old 29-09-2013, 04:57 PM   #7440
Master Member

Dont come sabo me bro. U can also do one too. Actually, doing a video is even harder than doing a class presentation. But if it helps, i will try to do one in the future when i got more free time on hand.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.