The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
just for refrerence... i spike in a way similar to that pic i just posted... but im just curious whether the syoss tu-re design controller hard is suitable for spiking hair or are there alternative brands of wax/clay that i can purchase it locally with ease
Never try before. But hair length is very important when talking about hold. For reference how long is your hair? Ruler measured

Reaction score
Never try before. But hair length is very important when talking about hold. For reference how long is your hair? Ruler measured

i would say when i spike it i tink its around 6-7 cm i guess? well i dont think its accurate very hard for me to measure. Maybe like 1-2 cm longer den the jay park pic i posted

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
i would say when i spike it i tink its around 6-7 cm i guess? well i dont think its accurate very hard for me to measure. Maybe like 1-2 cm longer den the jay park pic i posted

What? Less than 10cm you say medium long lol wut

Any random strong hold wax will do la so damn short.

My hair is like triple your length pls... and I consider mine medium length >.<

Reaction score
What? Less than 10cm you say medium long lol wut

Any random strong hold wax will do la so damn short.

My hair is like triple your length pls... and I consider mine medium length >.<

eh i cant visualize how is short/medium/long... but well lets say it short-medium... i dont tink its really short imo =X. so yeah back to the wax. is the syoss tu-re design controller hard suitable for spiking hair or is there other alternatives?

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
eh i cant visualize how is short/medium/long... but well lets say it short-medium... i dont tink its really short imo =X. so yeah back to the wax. is the syoss tu-re design controller hard suitable for spiking hair or is there other alternatives?

Syoss ture wax is definitely alright for that hair length and hairstyle. Syoss holding strength is very good so such will just be perfect to be used with syoss. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have just received the Kanebo Lissage Vogne Shampoo from LHJ and it was fugging amazing :s12: :s12:. I tried many shampoo brands like Macadamia,Alterna and Wella. However, Kanebo Lissage Vogne Shampoo gave me the best results. My hair is silky after wash and stay moist for the whole day. The complimentary sample Kanebo Conditioner that LHJ sent me works extremely well too. Definitely will buy it again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for your reviews bro! Glad that both products work out for you. And hopefully the upcoming hair serum will be equally good for you too! :)

PetiaC

Reaction score
My "lost" shipment from beautybay have arrived and I go order another set of babybliss powerlite hair dryer.

There is a giant size diffuser no idea how to use it. Ask my wife is if she needs it, she say she go do her hair at workplace say I waste money. Then later ask me buy babybliss straightener for her. She buy is useful, I buy is waste money...

A quick review of the powerlite. Not super strong wind but light and not so noisy. I can work with it easily. Like the strong and long cord.

The cold blast is not too cold and even the lowest settings is like low temp warm air and feels the same as the cold blast.

The medium and high temp is way too hot, I not used to the temp.

deadbeat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How big is it? Small enough to use as travel hair dryer? If yes then don't mind buying from u since I lost mine

For some reason, GD & PP hair spray not giving me a strong hold despite also using the SSS. & I'll have to attend an event with quiff/side part (themed) so it's a little problematic. Not too sure if I should try out the ebl clay as I have not really experimented with it yet

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
How big is it? Small enough to use as travel hair dryer? If yes then don't mind buying from u since I lost mine

For some reason, GD & PP hair spray not giving me a strong hold despite also using the SSS. & I'll have to attend an event with quiff/side part (themed) so it's a little problematic. Not too sure if I should try out the ebl clay as I have not really experimented with it yet

Cool! Event with a hairstyle!

But indoors no? Ur event.

Bring gd and a comb? Reach liao go toilet adjust abit xD as a last resort idea

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

Wl u never see my reply one... second time liao zzz.. unless u are asking other ppls opinions which is totally cool in that case.

Anyway dunnid to visualise, just go take ruler measure. Ruler got so hard meh?

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Where you get the ebl head color clay from ah! I wanna try man haha but LJH bro dont have it yet.. Right/wrong? LOL :D

I have the sample from JH. Used abit only. If you want can meet me. My hair now not suitable to use that. If its the same one that you're asking about.

I live in Jurong West.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Uevo Grey wax. Should be good enough for that length honestly.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
I have the sample from JH. Used abit only. If you want can meet me. My hair now not suitable to use that. If its the same one that you're asking about.

I live in Jurong West.

I think yours is slightly different. Yours is EBL Taste if i nv remb wrongly. But both are about the same. :D

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Try EBL Forced Finalizing once with SSS and PP, bro. Shouldnt have any problem in achieving quiff. Most probably, GD is too heavy for you in this case and tends to pull it down. PP hold shouldnt be a problem, i believe. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.