The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #7516
Master Member

Really ah... I always thought conditioner is oily if I touch it on my scalpp

My sensitive scalp easily grow pimple if it's not clean. :/
Yes, you are right. Conditioner is basically oily, however it can still touch the scalp. I copy and paste from my previous posting.

"Additionally, many times, you will also hear people saying use conditioner but dont touch the scalp. But its a controversial issue to debate on so again, just purely sharing my humble opinions. I basically condition my scalp too because i want to have healthy ends and healthy roots. So what does it mean by using conditioner on hair ends only? This will consequence in having healthy ends but unhealthy roots, which is essential useless IMO. The roots are much more important than the ends when it comes to hair growth and ultimately, hair health."

It ought to be mentioned that conditioning your scalp doesn't mean soaking your scalp with conditioner for few minutes. It just means condition as usual and don't be afraid that it will touch your scalp. If you're still worried, then go ahead and use on hair ends only. However, don't do this more than 2 to 3 times per week. Your scalp will become overly oily like mentioned before and naturally, your hair will be oily too.
Old 30-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #7517
Master Member

Actually, I would beg to differ on this. Conditioner is mainly divided into oil and silicon based but most conditioners that we see in the market are oil-based actually. Either oil or silicon being used will allow our hair to be felt as silky smooth. Therefore, the point of conditioner is to repair the cortex layer (main layer) of our hair where shampoo can't actually go to that depth. Shampoo is mainly responsible for the outermost layer which is the cuticle layer. So shampoo can't displace conditoner and definitely, conditioner cannot displace shampoo too.

Besides repairing the cortext layer, usage of conditioner will also helps to add some shine to our hair which allows it to look healthy and lively. With no conditioner, your hair looks dull and boring. With excessive conditioner, your hair is going to be excessively greasy. Simply because conditioner is mainly oil-based as mentioned before. Hence, i wouldn't think that conditioner washing is going to remove excess sebum aka oil because sebum is being removed primarily by shampoo. Its just like facial skin products. We don't use moisturizer to cleanse your face and similarly, we can't use cleanser to moisturize the face too.
if its leave-in conditioners then yea it might be oil based. but ordinary ones? not so much. u can never put too much of the normal type of conditioners. they work pretty much like how the adverts show (unbelievable right? i know). molecules targeting and zooming to where they are needed. the excess will just remain in the bulk of the material waiting to be washed off. silicone-based ones are a rarity since they are really heavy and hard to wash and ****.

you both are confusing slippery with oily. is your non-stick frying pan permanently oily?

conditioner is to shampoo as toner is to facial cleanser. yes thats right, most of the time the main ingredient is alcohol. yes, there's gonna be a little oil, a little silicone (just checked HE's conditioners, damn they have more silicones than i would like[maybe thats why the cashier gave u attitude lol]. but i think perhaps the amounts inside are still low. didnt really feel like it had a significant amount when i used it last time) . but the main bulk is long chain alcohol, and some kind of charged surfactant (this is how the "targeting" works btw, by simple +ve -ve attraction). too much of these wun even stay there after u flushed it with h2o.
Old 30-09-2013, 08:51 PM   #7518
Master Member

It ought to be mentioned that conditioning your scalp doesn't mean soaking your scalp with conditioner for few minutes. It just means condition as usual and don't be afraid that it will touch your scalp. If you're still worried, then go ahead and use on hair ends only. However, don't do this more than 2 to 3 times per week. Your scalp will become overly oily like mentioned before and naturally, your hair will be oily too.
however this is how co-washing is supposed to be like, if you decide to try it out.

just realised that maybe you both have been using shitty conditioners thats why you feel that they are oily and cant be used excessively. PAGING THEPRETTYJERK! time for u to bring in QUALITY conditioners!
Old 30-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #7519
Master Member

if its leave-in conditioners then yea it might be oil based. but ordinary ones? not so much. u can never put too much of the normal type of conditioners. they work pretty much like how the adverts show (unbelievable right? i know). molecules targeting and zooming to where they are needed. the excess will just remain in the bulk of the material waiting to be washed off. silicone-based ones are a rarity since they are really heavy and hard to wash and ****.

you both are confusing slippery with oily. is your non-stick frying pan permanently oily?

conditioner is to shampoo as toner is to facial cleanser. yes thats right, most of the time the main ingredient is alcohol. yes, there's gonna be a little oil, a little silicone (just checked HE's conditioners, damn they have more silicones than i would like[maybe thats why the cashier gave u attitude lol]. but i think perhaps the amounts inside are still low. didnt really feel like it had a significant amount when i used it last time) . but the main bulk is long chain alcohol, and some kind of charged surfactant (this is how the "targeting" works btw, by simple +ve -ve attraction). too much of these wun even stay there after u flushed it with h2o.
So do you mean over usage of conditioner will make your hair slippery not oily? I don't know about the ingredients man bro. HAHA you're the expert on that. But perhaps you are right on this because all along, i have been inculcated with the impression that conditioner is oil-based. Even my hairstylists said that to me as well. No right no wrong i believe. Its just up to personal preference.
Old 30-09-2013, 09:02 PM   #7520
Master Member

however this is how co-washing is supposed to be like, if you decide to try it out.

just realised that maybe you both have been using shitty conditioners thats why you feel that they are oily and cant be used excessively. PAGING THEPRETTYJERK! time for u to bring in QUALITY conditioners!
HAHAHA true lah. I am always using very normal conditioner leh. Using it in moderation too. Yes and you got it. Kanebo Acidic conditioner at pH 4.
deaththeorist likes this.
Old 30-09-2013, 09:05 PM   #7521
Master Member

So do you mean over usage of conditioner will make your hair slippery not oily? I don't know about the ingredients man bro. HAHA you're the expert on that. But perhaps you are right on this because all along, i have been inculcated with the impression that conditioner is oil-based. Even my hairstylists said that to me as well. No right no wrong i believe. Its just up to personal preference.
over usage means nothing to your hair, only means more for your wallet!

hmm? just read the ingredients there luh! hahaha! words ending is "ol" are probably gonna be alcohols, words ending in "cone" are probably silicones, oils are obviously oils. of cos this is not how i read it, but generally its like this.

just try la! comparing between conditioner and oil shouldnt be too much of a difficulty or hassle.

point to note is that ancient conditioners are literally just oils and nothing much.
Old 30-09-2013, 09:06 PM   #7522
Master Member

HAHAHA true lah. I am always using very normal conditioner leh. Using it in moderation too. Yes and you got it. Kanebo Acidic conditioner at pH 4.
eyes on this people!
Old 30-09-2013, 09:22 PM   #7523
Great Supremacy Member

Lol I still using my tony and guy conditioner.

I think if I hoot kanebo from jh, I no need conditioner alr. Cause kanebo shampoo alr make it sooo smooth. Haha

Either continue my q8 or switch to kanebo.
Old 30-09-2013, 10:15 PM   #7524

had been reading this thread for the pass 2 days. Damn long..... give up... can't read any further.

anyway, ordered a GD from GX and is pending for collection. will give you guys a review, be it good or bad, after i had used it.

quite keen to order SSS but lazy to meet up again when the stock arrived...
Old 30-09-2013, 10:21 PM   #7525
Master Member

Lol I still using my tony and guy conditioner.

I think if I hoot kanebo from jh, I no need conditioner alr. Cause kanebo shampoo alr make it sooo smooth. Haha

Either continue my q8 or switch to kanebo.
Hoot both shampoo and conditioner bro.
Old 30-09-2013, 10:22 PM   #7526
Master Member

had been reading this thread for the pass 2 days. Damn long..... give up... can't read any further.

anyway, ordered a GD from GX and is pending for collection. will give you guys a review, be it good or bad, after i had used it.

You really power la, powerbb.

Kudos for contributing to this thread and looking forward to your review on GD! And dont be lazy to meetup for SSS lah. Its good and you wont regret it.
Old 30-09-2013, 10:28 PM   #7527
Great Supremacy Member

Haha dude! Get it tgt! Collect together lor. Haha
Old 30-09-2013, 10:31 PM   #7528
Great Supremacy Member

Anyway! Gold digger MO has reach 100 buyers! Wooooohooooo. Rasmus and Emil better love me dip dip. Hahaha no homo!

Btw batch 11 already left only 5 tubs! Gonna order batch 12 incase of down time! Gold digger for everyone!
Old 30-09-2013, 10:32 PM   #7529
Great Supremacy Member

Hoot both shampoo and conditioner bro.
Hahaha psycho me liao. Hahaha. Chor leh. I peasant. Hahaha
Old 30-09-2013, 10:39 PM   #7530

I wish I could but .....

Currently I am using Beaver wax. Don't quite like it cos i prefer glossy to matte finish. Plus its difficult to apply.

just hope that GD can give me that kind of outcome that i desire.

keeping my fingers crossed.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.