HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-10-2013, 05:00 PM   #7576

hey guy. I'm using gatsby pink and its hard to wash off, i'm using wax more often now so i'm afraid for my hair too.

I'm thinking of changing product for style and holding power.
I prefer wax with matt finish or slight gloss
my hair have some volume and fringe length is touching my mouth. looking to trim it soon ( just need a new hairdresser)
I usually just style everything to the back or side. so i need holding power that will last.

any input is appreciated.
thanks in advance
Old 01-10-2013, 05:07 PM   #7577
Master Member

hey guy. I'm using gatsby pink and its hard to wash off, i'm using wax more often now so i'm afraid for my hair too.

my hair have some volume and fringe length is touching my mouth. looking to trim it soon ( just need a new hairdresser)
I usually just style everything to the back or side. so i need holding power that will last.

thanks in advance
why everyone like practically looking for golddigger only :/
Old 01-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #7578
Supremacy Member

Personally I think gatsby wax is the main culprit that causing my scalp grow pimple too. I used to buy that and another one is purple. After application. The next day sure grow pimple.

Now I using so much product on my hair. No pimple yet. So far so good!
Old 01-10-2013, 05:17 PM   #7579
Great Supremacy Member

thanks in advance
Nuff said. Gold digger is all you need.
if you want volume, go for sea salt spray.
It will help create volume and hold when blow dry with it.
Then afterwards, finish with gold digger. everyone here loves it. lol

can PM me for more details!
There's a bundle price for the Gold Digger by Vilain and Sea Salt Spray.
Checkout my sig for the link below
Old 01-10-2013, 05:29 PM   #7580
Arch-Supremacy Member

Quick review for the Kanebo shampoo after using for 2 weeks: In point forms cos I am too lazy to form complete sentences in this crazy heat today

- The smell of shea butter is really noticeable

- After using, your hair will indeed be slightly silky BUT not oily. It is sort of like a glossy feel but it feels clean. It dries off light and doesn't have the weird oily feel you get when you use over-moisturizing shampoos

- It does a great job removing products from your hair without stripping off your natural essential oils. Your hair will not feel dry after using.

- For the volume and quality, its well worth the price. I have used redken/kerastase shampoo before and it is on par in terms of quality.

- Overall, I would purchase it again after it runs out. Good stuff, can't see why anyone have reasons to dislike it.

PS: My family have abandoned all their existing shampoos and started using this exclusively.

I'll try to post the Nigelle clay review soon. Its not so simple to review cos its 'complicated'....
leejhong likes this.

Last edited by deadbeat; 01-10-2013 at 05:31 PM..
Old 01-10-2013, 07:50 PM   #7581

Agree with you on the Nigelle Clay being "complicated", it does take a bit of trial and error to get the right amount moulded into the hair. But I have to say, in this heat we've been having, it is superb for not weighing down your hair, not irritating your scalp, and also not leaving an "oily" feeling on your scalp.

I think the Nigelle clay genuinely excels at retaining that natural hair look/texture with really respectable hold (sorry to use this term again), even when the sun/wind is bearing down on your head. Really have to emphasize NATURAL! =)
leejhong likes this.
Old 01-10-2013, 07:59 PM   #7582
Arch-Supremacy Member

the OS salt spray + nigelle clay is superb when used in the correct combination.....sometimes even Im amazed by how it works out even after the entire day at work is over and im off to after-work events

gotta try and experiment to figure out if u like it. To be honest, i didn't really like it much until i figured how to make it work for me. its not straight forward like a simple clay or paste or even wax cos its neither really a clay or a paste but somewhere in between.
Old 01-10-2013, 08:35 PM   #7583
Master Member

lol what style do you two sport with the clay?
Old 01-10-2013, 09:15 PM   #7584
Great Supremacy Member

deadbeat bo reply my pm
Old 02-10-2013, 12:07 AM   #7585

Hey guys,

Would like some input from some hair experts here.I'm currently using GD.However I find that if I use:

GD + Hairspray = Oily look on hair very unappealing and almost very little hold.

Gatsby + Hairspray = Expected matte look and considerable hold.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? FYI, I have very soft fine hair, difficult to hold unless using hairspray.

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #7586
Master Member

Hey guys,

Would like some input from some hair experts here.I'm currently using GD.However I find that if I use:

GD + Hairspray = Oily look on hair very unappealing and almost very little hold.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong? FYI, I have very soft fine hair, difficult to hold unless using hairspray.

Thanks!
how much gd you use? dry or wet hair? gd only got hold when its dry.

very soft hair shouldnt be a problem. my hair cant even be held by most hairsprays, but gd is a monster.

Last edited by deaththeorist; 02-10-2013 at 12:13 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 12:17 AM   #7587

so golddigger is matte finish or slightly glossy?
as the guy above. my hair also quite fine, not the thick kind so i need strong holding power or i will have to use spray.

So still recommand golddigger?

nvm i'm sold.

Last edited by yurec456; 02-10-2013 at 12:25 AM..
Old 02-10-2013, 12:33 AM   #7588
Master Member

so golddigger is matte finish or slightly glossy?
as the guy above. my hair also quite fine, not the thick kind so i need strong holding power or i will have to use spray.

So still recommand golddigger?

nvm i'm sold.
good on you bro! hahaha!
since i used quicksand, nothing else can be considered matte anymore :/ but gd is definitely not a glossy finish, that would be the upcoming silverfox. WHAT DID THE FOX SAY?
Old 02-10-2013, 12:40 AM   #7589
Master Member

i would assume that thicker hair is harder to style since it resists change more. why would you both say that fine hair is harder to keep in place?
Old 02-10-2013, 01:22 AM   #7590
Great Supremacy Member

Hey guys,

Thanks!
Gatsby is dry as hell. and the hairspray by them is LOL.

GD, how much you use? i think you spam! lol don't use so much. alittle will do. lol don't spam hair spray also

soft hair is the easiest to style.

stubborn hair then its difficult
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.