Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 02:37 AM   #7591
Master Member

New hanz de fuko product announcement this Thursday! From their fb
zish82 likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #7592
Great Supremacy Member

Seems like most of the community here goes for natural look. I would like to say none of the community here styles their hair like mine because all have been complimenting the holding strength.

Without Osis+ for me, my antenna is confirm gonna sway left and right.
OpticalBoy likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:03 AM   #7593
Master Member

Seems like most of the community here goes for natural look. I would like to say none of the community here styles their hair like mine because all have been complimenting the holding strength.

Tbh I don't understand the whole natural look deal. Why style but make it look like no style???
Old 02-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #7594

hey guy. I'm using gatsby pink and its hard to wash off, i'm using wax more often now so i'm afraid for my hair too.

I'm thinking of changing product for style and holding power.
I prefer wax with matt finish or slight gloss
my hair have some volume and fringe length is touching my mouth. looking to trim it soon ( just need a new hairdresser)
I usually just style everything to the back or side. so i need holding power that will last.

any input is appreciated.
thanks in advance
Hi yurec,

If you want to style your hair to the back or side. Backcomb or Side Pompadour. You can try the Imperial Barber Classic Pomade. Slight gloss. Or the Imperial Barber Matt Pomade Paste for a more matte look.

Available at HairyPortal
Old 02-10-2013, 09:40 AM   #7595

Ups for OSIS best hair spray i've ever tried. superb hold plus fragrance.

btw someone mentioned q powder (or sumth) before right? whats that like? for volume?
Old 02-10-2013, 09:43 AM   #7596
Master Member

Just did sss on semi dry hair and I have to say it's very good at making my hair flat. I tried to give it volume and it just didn't do it. Blow dried of course, but nope, doesn't go up. I'll stick to my powder for that. However, sss on wet hair was fantastic at keeping my hair down and flat, very useful for my undercut back and sides.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:46 AM   #7597
Master Member

Ups for OSIS best hair spray i've ever tried. superb hold plus fragrance.

btw someone mentioned q powder (or sumth) before right? whats that like? for volume?
Lol! Speak of the devil?

Q8 matt powder. For quick and easy volume for those Bad hair days!
Old 02-10-2013, 09:52 AM   #7598
Master Member

Not sure did I bought the wrong product but I just got myself a L'Oréal deep repairing hair mask.

Yesterday bro JH recommend using hair mask could help my hair preventing from dryness. So I quickly hoot one to try lol.

I tried curling my hair before I attempt a quiff. Not too bad and it can be achieved once again with the SSS, blow dry, curl, quicksand, gold digger!

These product are seriously blow my mind off again
Hair masks usually need washing off after application. Use the loreal hair mask after shampooing and leave it on for around 5mins or so. It can be lesser than that as you deem fit too. However, don't use it more than 2-3times per week as it will be excessively greasy. So with the hair mask, i believe the problem of dryness in the hair will be improved significantly as it helps to nourish and condition your hair greatly. But bro, did you buy the hair mask for coloured hair?

Like what death bro mentioned, its always best to curl before applying SSS. Do it on "clean" hair. When your hair is free of these styling products, curling and/or straightening will work best and this should be when you used it too. After curling then you apply the products to complement and bring out the contrast of the curls. But you already going for perming right? No more hassle of curling anymore then.
Old 02-10-2013, 09:53 AM   #7599
Master Member

JH is pcw. LOLOL.

new thread starting soon. Can consolidate all the reviews there.
Yeah if dont consolidate, must re type everything again.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:01 AM   #7600
Master Member

hey guy. I'm using gatsby pink and its hard to wash off, i'm using wax more often now so i'm afraid for my hair too.

I'm thinking of changing product for style and holding power.
I prefer wax with matt finish or slight gloss
my hair have some volume and fringe length is touching my mouth. looking to trim it soon ( just need a new hairdresser)
I usually just style everything to the back or side. so i need holding power that will last.

any input is appreciated.
thanks in advance
Since you're using gatsby pink, i believe you are definitely one who needs very strong holding strength. Gatsby pink is also not matte as well so i am guessing you need find yourself tilting towards slight shine too and this is especially so when you always style everything to the back or side as well.

Like what a lot of the bros mentioned here, you can probably try out Gold Digger. First thing first, it can be washed off easily. Only gatsby can't be washed off easily and when your hair is not cleansed properly, hair can be yanked out SUPER easily. GD doesn't give you a total matte texture finish but at the same time, definitely not glossy touch too. Slight shine, just right at the dot, makes me fall in love with it. Its just nice to go so well with side pomp or slickback. Apply it on dry hair will give you best results, at least for me. If you want a bit more shine, just put a few drops of water and spread the GD evenly and well across your palms. GD isn't dry to start off well so you can try to experiment it to get the best look and feel for yourself. Alternatively, you can also consider syoss ture wax as well. Gives you a slight shine finish as well.

Another recommendation that you can most probably consider will be SSS. The volume that it gives you will go well with almost any form of styling product out there. Try it, bro!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #7601
Master Member

Personally I think gatsby wax is the main culprit that causing my scalp grow pimple too. I used to buy that and another one is purple. After application. The next day sure grow pimple.

Now I using so much product on my hair. No pimple yet. So far so good!
Yeah man. Gatsby is really a low-end brand. 50g for $10 bucks or so doesn't really make it much cheaper any of the products down here as well. Pay a bit more and get to see the difference for yourself. Because it really does.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:09 AM   #7602
Master Member

Nuff said. Gold digger is all you need.
if you want volume, go for sea salt spray.
It will help create volume and hold when blow dry with it.
Then afterwards, finish with gold digger. everyone here loves it. lol

can PM me for more details!
There's a bundle price for the Gold Digger by Vilain and Sea Salt Spray.
Checkout my sig for the link below
The response for the bundle package is very well-received. Thanks guys and if any is interested, please do so fast as stocks are running out pretty fast. The power of gaoxing.
gaoxing84 likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:11 AM   #7603
Master Member

Quick review for the Kanebo shampoo after using for 2 weeks: In point forms cos I am too lazy to form complete sentences in this crazy heat today

- The smell of shea butter is really noticeable

- After using, your hair will indeed be slightly silky BUT not oily. It is sort of like a glossy feel but it feels clean. It dries off light and doesn't have the weird oily feel you get when you use over-moisturizing shampoos

- It does a great job removing products from your hair without stripping off your natural essential oils. Your hair will not feel dry after using.

- For the volume and quality, its well worth the price. I have used redken/kerastase shampoo before and it is on par in terms of quality.

- Overall, I would purchase it again after it runs out. Good stuff, can't see why anyone have reasons to dislike it.

PS: My family have abandoned all their existing shampoos and started using this exclusively.

I'll try to post the Nigelle clay review soon. Its not so simple to review cos its 'complicated'....
Thanks for your review bro! This is definitely going up the reviews section on my site. Well written indeed. After reading, i can tell that you not only pay attention to hair styling but hair care too. Very essential and necessary for all of us here. And yes, i priced it quite reasonably to make it affordable for all. 800ml can definitely last you a long time and you can also share it around if its too much for you too!
Old 02-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #7604
Master Member

Agree with you on the Nigelle Clay being "complicated", it does take a bit of trial and error to get the right amount moulded into the hair. But I have to say, in this heat we've been having, it is superb for not weighing down your hair, not irritating your scalp, and also not leaving an "oily" feeling on your scalp.

I think the Nigelle clay genuinely excels at retaining that natural hair look/texture with really respectable hold (sorry to use this term again), even when the sun/wind is bearing down on your head. Really have to emphasize NATURAL! =)
Nigelle the LIGHTWEIGHT clay. Its not exactly an easy product to figure out how to use but yes, it really does require some practice and experimenting to do it well. If you can, you will definitely fall in love with it and i cannot emphasize more that it can do you very well especially in SG's humid climate. Because its lightweight.
Old 02-10-2013, 10:14 AM   #7605
Master Member

the OS salt spray + nigelle clay is superb when used in the correct combination.....sometimes even Im amazed by how it works out even after the entire day at work is over and im off to after-work events

gotta try and experiment to figure out if u like it. To be honest, i didn't really like it much until i figured how to make it work for me. its not straight forward like a simple clay or paste or even wax cos its neither really a clay or a paste but somewhere in between.
Having the confidence and faith in you that you can definitely figure out how to use it well!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.