HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #7651
Master Member

Very good question, bro! Seasalt spray is used to create instant volume for one whereby a matte structure is being created for you in place. Basically, if you face the problem of flat hair, seasalt spray will be the solution for you. Just have to spray a few times onto damp hair (for best results IMO) and blow dry it to get the volume created instantly.

Additionally, it helps to bunch up the hair nicely enough so that it aids greatly in the subsequent application of styling products such as wax/clay and hence, the required amount of these styling products used will be lesser actually. This will encourage easier removal of styling products at the end of the day as well as helping you to save more cost in the long run. A bonus point to add will be it helps to control the excess oils in the hair (especially so in SG) too as it dries your hair (not in a damaging manner) out to create volume. Hope it helps!
in case the point in bold might be confusing to some people, i'd like to try and explain how i think it does this.

the salt in SSS, potassium sulphate, has a very strong affinity to water, as such it has a drying effect, cos it sucks away water from your hair. however it doesnt keep sucking! it slowly evaporates away that water (not sure about the stats and calculations on these, cant be bothered to go and do also xD, know theory can liao lar hor?), and keeps moisture from the hair from sticking onto your hair. in effect it works like a barrier/buffer.

the above is based on my limited understanding and might be wrong (humans have a limited understanding of the world anyway), but it should adequately answer some potential queries.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #7652
Master Member

Bro, i was about to head over to your place to whack you liao. Lucky you posted this.
not to mention them SAMPLES!
leejhong likes this.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:30 PM   #7653
Great Supremacy Member

damn it, we need to consolidate all of these.

so when people ask, we can re-redirect them to first page. unless got more cheem question then our JH bro will post his awesome pawsome answer!

deaththeroist gian me with kent brush! omg
Old 02-10-2013, 11:34 PM   #7654
Master Member

so when people ask, we can re-redirect them to first page. unless got more cheem question then our JH bro will post his awesome pawsome answer!

poison poison!
guys guys i managed to obtain gx's signature style in under a minute with the KFM3 brush. thats with gd already in my hair for the whole day and me being "outfield" again (every wednesday got to stay under hot sun T.T)
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #7655
Supremacy Member

Which kent brush he got?

Wah siao liao.. now even brush also can be a poisoning thing here.

edited : oh saw it above my post..

There's so much type of brush. see until so confusing
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #7656
Great Supremacy Member

poison poison!
guys guys i managed to obtain gx's signature style in under a minute with the KFM3 brush. thats with gd already in my hair for the whole day and me being "outfield" again (every wednesday got to stay under hot sun T.T)
from feelunique?
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #7657
Master Member

poison poison!
PAISEH! wrong brush. its kfm2. Kent Men's Gel Brush For Thick Long Hair - KFM2 - Free Delivery - feelunique.com screw the "thick long hair" labelling! NO ONE TELLS YOU HOW TO USE YOUR BRUSH! hahaha /r/firstworldanachist

its the half radial that makes it easy to use.
Old 02-10-2013, 11:48 PM   #7658
Supremacy Member

PAISEH! wrong brush. its kfm2. Kent Men's Gel Brush For Thick Long Hair - KFM2 - Free Delivery - feelunique.com screw the "thick long hair" labelling! NO ONE TELLS YOU HOW TO USE YOUR BRUSH! hahaha /r/firstworldanachist

Now got free shipping.. takes how long to arrive here ah?
Old 03-10-2013, 12:01 AM   #7659
Master Member

Now got free shipping.. takes how long to arrive here ah?
quite fast sia! less than a week.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:04 AM   #7660
Supremacy Member

quite fast sia! less than a week.
Oh thanks! just nice was looking for a comb.

Me using all round brush and a funny ox horn comb. LOL!

Jialart sia.. i tried ordering, they got some webpage error after entering payment detail.. i just contacted the support center to ask them how. sian~
Old 03-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #7661
Great Supremacy Member

ok book mark! haha when got $ then buy!
Old 03-10-2013, 12:12 AM   #7662
Master Member

Oh thanks! just nice was looking for a comb.

Me using all round brush and a funny ox horn comb. LOL!

Jialart sia.. i tried ordering, they got some webpage error after entering payment detail.. i just contacted the support center to ask them how. sian~
wl ox horn! so up there liao u wan downgrade to plastic lol. the kent combs are supposed to look like turtle shell but are plastic.
Old 03-10-2013, 12:14 AM   #7663
Supremacy Member

wl ox horn! so up there liao u wan downgrade to plastic lol. the kent combs are supposed to look like turtle shell but are plastic.
I buy hair loss tonic 5 years ago and the comb was a free gift that came along one... confirm fake one la.. hahaha!!

That time i was doing my internship, perhaps the warehouse was too dusty. Near my hair crown, suddenly one patch of hair (about 1cm ) gone! i was so shocked and i dont know why! I was thinking is it because of the big pimple grow at there. Hence it was causing the small patch of hair gone. Then i buy that hair tonic and spray everyday until it grow ...
Old 03-10-2013, 07:10 AM   #7664

I buy hair loss tonic 5 years ago and the comb was a free gift that came along one... confirm fake one :
Buffalo horn comb very hard to fake. You try sanding it will know is plastic or horn material.

Pasar malam or road side stall got sell. Main shop is in Chinatown area.

Small pocket comb starts from $5 to the huge dressing table comb too expensive for my budget for a comb.

If too sharp can file down and sandpaper till smooth, the horn will improve with use. There are benefits for using natural material combs such as wood, horn or bristle brush.

Looks alone beat a plastic comb
deaththeorist likes this.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:29 AM   #7665
Arch-Supremacy Member

ok...i just bought it...
deaththeorist likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.