The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrtantockseng

Reaction score
Advice?

Hi, can anyone advice me on what to tell the hairstylist to cut this?

Hzzp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/unled2hh.jpg/

(Change the Hzzp to Http )

(Not enough post count for images/links, My bad..)

Pls dont tell me to show the picture to the stylist. Feels weird :/
Is it undershave/ undercut? But i doubt the stylist will understand just by saying undercut. And from Google pictures, all of them are girls, Guy here :D

Pardon me for my bad engrish

Many thanks.
Regards

thegardens3b

Master Member
Reaction score
Hi im getting a haircut. Any recommendations?

botak.
Hi, can anyone advice me on what to tell the hairstylist to cut this?

Hzzp://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/43/unled2hh.jpg/

(Change the Hzzp to Http )

(Not enough post count for images/links, My bad..)

Pls dont tell me to show the picture to the stylist. Feels weird :/
Is it undershave/ undercut? But i doubt the stylist will understand just by saying undercut. And from Google pictures, all of them are girls, Guy here :D

Pardon me for my bad engrish

Many thanks.
Regards

why cant show the picture?

dragonprokan

Reaction score
o_O no one went to twister@tampines 1? 38$ i think (always use card swipe nia), look for kason. haircut more of japanese style.

if you guys observe hor, most of locals they cut hair sibei cui (always got a certain style one), their 'styling' = pulling a few strands from the top of ur head and giving abit of texture, pushing up some parts of the hair but still pretty much flat. that's all, quite stupid right zzz style like that anyone also can do = =

show them picture also chui cant cut that way, you ask them, they say YAH CAN CAN CAN in the end hair end up super cui. cut layers they also luan lai, take comb, lift up hair and just snipe like that ->>> _l_l_l_l_l_l_l_ , they dont even bother separating your hair sections. cut fringe and sideburns most jia lat one (my side burns are very long, almost reaching bottom of face). fringe always either too thin or short or doesnt flow with the side burn or side burn too short, cut liao look weird cause the lousy hairstylists cant shape it the way korean/japanese hairstylists do.

for those who tried and cant do what the salon noobs are doing for you, means youre probably lacking a good hairdryer, always blowdry your hair to make it fluffy = super easy to style.

PortugasD.Ace

Reaction score
o_O no one went to twister@tampines 1? 38$ i think (always use card swipe nia), look for kason. haircut more of japanese style.

if you guys observe hor, most of locals they cut hair sibei cui (always got a certain style one), their 'styling' = pulling a few strands from the top of ur head and giving abit of texture, pushing up some parts of the hair but still pretty much flat. that's all, quite stupid right zzz style like that anyone also can do = =

show them picture also chui cant cut that way, you ask them, they say YAH CAN CAN CAN in the end hair end up super cui. cut layers they also luan lai, take comb, lift up hair and just snipe like that ->>> _l_l_l_l_l_l_l_ , they dont even bother separating your hair sections. cut fringe and sideburns most jia lat one (my side burns are very long, almost reaching bottom of face). fringe always either too thin or short or doesnt flow with the side burn or side burn too short, cut liao look weird cause the lousy hairstylists cant shape it the way korean/japanese hairstylists do.

for those who tried and cant do what the salon noobs are doing for you, means youre probably lacking a good hairdryer, always blowdry your hair to make it fluffy = super easy to style.

:s12::s12::s12::s12::s12::s12::s12::s12:

HuatKway

Reaction score
anyone any good hair stylist for guys cutting short hair at west side or julong area?? my usual one getting abit cui..

ZacharyA

Reaction score
anyone any good hair stylist for guys cutting short hair at west side or julong area?? my usual one getting abit cui..

what's your budget ?? if $20 ~ can try Jean Yip at Jurong Point.
Monsoon is $25.90
Chapter 2 $28.00

HuatKway

Reaction score
what's your budget ?? if $20 ~ can try Jean Yip at Jurong Point.
Monsoon is $25.90
Chapter 2 $28.00

yep should be about 20$. I have to cut every month because it grows really thick for my short hair.. but nowadays hairdresser keep cutting out of shape.. sigh.

monsoon is at where btw? 28 abit too ex i think. any particular hairstylist recommended? like know your face shape head shape suitable for what kinda cuts?

LonerZm

Reaction score
Truly speaking, if you find that $28 is a bit too ex and you want to find a hairstylist that can cut well accordingly to your face/head shape. I doubt there is any within your budget.

HuatKway

Reaction score
for those short hair guys who cut every 3 weeks to 1 month u all not heart pain if u pay 30$ for a haircut? just curious...

ZacharyA

Reaction score
for those short hair guys who cut every 3 weeks to 1 month u all not heart pain if u pay 30$ for a haircut? just curious...

heart pain not so exaggerating la. but perhaps can feel the pinch. moreover if you are not working at the moment.. i cut every 4-5weeks.

ZacharyA

Reaction score
yep should be about 20$. I have to cut every month because it grows really thick for my short hair.. but nowadays hairdresser keep cutting out of shape.. sigh.

monsoon is at where btw? 28 abit too ex i think. any particular hairstylist recommended? like know your face shape head shape suitable for what kinda cuts?

Monsoon is the company name, under JP 1, got Monsoon Sandstorm and Monsoon Storm, under JP 2, got Monsoon Twister. They all charge the same. I get my hair done by GiGi from Sandstorm.

If you want around $20~ budget, I guess you have to go those neighbourhood salons and search for your own personal hairstylist. My previous hairstylist is good and is stationed at Bouna Vista area, Cut is $16, Cut + wash is $22, tell them you don't want to wash if you want to save $$ lor. Can pm me for contacts ;)

ZacharyA

Reaction score
Truly speaking, if you find that $28 is a bit too ex and you want to find a hairstylist that can cut well accordingly to your face/head shape. I doubt there is any within your budget.

i beg to differ, altho to a certain extent, it is very rare to find cheap and good hairstylist but there are still some around. Sometimes the branded salons are more on the brands and some of hairstylists cannot cut for good too. i do not wish to name any salons nor any hairstylists in particular but this is what i personally feel.

LonerZm

Reaction score
i beg to differ, altho to a certain extent, it is very rare to find cheap and good hairstylist but there are still some around. Sometimes the branded salons are more on the brands and some of hairstylists cannot cut for good too. i do not wish to name any salons nor any hairstylists in particular but this is what i personally feel.

I agreed to that. That why I highlighted the word "well" as in how you define it to your own extent.

HuatKway

Reaction score
I think prob cannot stick to one hairstylist for a long time? its always cutting the same style for you.. starting i was like "wow" for the price, but now the style is getting boring and he always cut something i dislike in the end recently.. haha.

was hoping to get second opinion . 20-30 is still acceptable cos I'm working already. just that it must be worthwhile imo since im cutting quite frequently mostly monthly.

ZacharyA

Reaction score
I think prob cannot stick to one hairstylist for a long time? its always cutting the same style for you.. starting i was like "wow" for the price, but now the style is getting boring and he always cut something i dislike in the end recently.. haha.

was hoping to get second opinion . 20-30 is still acceptable cos I'm working already. just that it must be worthwhile imo since im cutting quite frequently mostly monthly.

it depends on your hairstylist one... i used to have a very very good malaysian hairstylist from Jantzen when i was sec 3, 15 yrs old. Followed him for a good 4 years? Now he mia and i heard from his colleagues he went back malaysia already.. He is really good and always saying "i give you the latest jap hairstyle", it is whether you are comfortable in doing outlandish hairstyles or not only... haha

ZacharyA

Reaction score
Anyone got any useful tips for itchy dandruff hair? :(

if your pocket is slightly deeper, go for Kerastase products, i just changed my shampoo to kerastase anti-oiliness. PM me for more info. I have an additional set of hair shampoo and hair tonic for sale. Cheaper than Salon price :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.