Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-10-2013, 11:48 AM   #8566
Master Member

Wah the shampoo.. Omg Omg Omg..

The next time I meet you. I also want sample..

Btw why got Chinese wording one? I can't read Chinese tho.. What does it say?
Sure bro! Samples are free and who says free stuffs aint good.

Technology and formula is from Australia but its not packed in Australia but Hong Kong. Not surprising as such is the norm now.
Old 19-10-2013, 11:50 AM   #8567
Master Member

Hi, i'm planning to get a quiff kinda haircut. Are there any good stylist/salons in the east to recommend?
Think you will be better off if you ask in the salon thread instead.
Old 19-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #8568
Master Member

If forehead kinda high still suitable to cut this? Thinking of changing hairstyle but now not much hair compared to last time
Two factors. First factor lies on the skills of your hairstylist, which is naturally the haircut. With a good haircut to cover it well, your forehead will not appear too high.

Second factor. With high forehead, there will be high hairlines. U can still try to make a quiff but perhaps not really a side pomp, i feel. But if you feel u can, then just go ahead. IMO, the trick to high forehead is to cover both extreme sides well enough to appear better. Some suggestions that you can try.

1. Blowdry your fringe left to right and then right to left, repeatedly. Pay more attention to the sides by covering it up well enough, so as not to allow the hairlines to be so apparent.
2. You can do this by styling your hair, of course. Naturally with a good haircut to do so.
Old 19-10-2013, 12:03 PM   #8569
Master Member

Anyone used Renati hair wax before? Is it good?
Its subjective to say whether is it good as it depends on the criteria that you set.

Renati is a decent brand, IMO. Organic wax that is less damaging to your hair. But if you rate it primarily based on holding power, maybe it wouldn't be that great IMO. I prefer 90degrees wax over Renati as they are pretty similar in terms of properties but price is different. Renati is slightly expensive for me.
Old 19-10-2013, 12:21 PM   #8570

Its subjective to say whether is it good as it depends on the criteria that you set.

Renati is a decent brand, IMO. Organic wax that is less damaging to your hair. But if you rate it primarily based on holding power, maybe it wouldn't be that great IMO. I prefer 90degrees wax over Renati as they are pretty similar in terms of properties but price is different. Renati is slightly expensive for me.
True that it is subjective.
Renati is a great brand. It has holding power and doesn't contain unnecessary ingredients like petrolatum, lanolin (oil from sheep), parabens, mineral oil and some others.
When I was doing MO for Renati in hwz back then, I was always introducing many other brands that I was not selling as I know that not all will be suitable to 1 or 2 brands, just like SKII is not for everyone.
But IMO this thread has becoming more and more for a few members pushing only what they are just selling which is no longer a hair thread that members comes together to share honest opinions and be non bias about other products.
Old 19-10-2013, 12:28 PM   #8571
Master Member

whatme! when u got the redken 08 cream mousse must review here hor!
Old 19-10-2013, 12:52 PM   #8572

Thks Lee and Neo. I totally agree with both of you. I have seen many that also said Joico is good but IMO the holding power is not great.

As my hair gets thinner with the age , I am not trying to find something less damaging to my hair hence I am looking for non-sillicon stuff and I came across Renati.

@Neo1978: Is it the same way to style the hair like any other wax? I am looking at Mattmud. I have short/fine hair.

Any idea where can I buy it in Singapore? Otherwise I will have to order from UK.
Old 19-10-2013, 01:10 PM   #8573

Thks Lee and Neo. I totally agree with both of you. I have seen many that also said Joico is good but IMO the holding power is not great.

As my hair gets thinner with the age , I am not trying to find something less damaging to my hair hence I am looking for non-sillicon stuff and I came across Renati.

@Neo1978: Is it the same way to style the hair like any other wax? I am looking at Mattmud. I have short/fine hair.

Any idea where can I buy it in Singapore? Otherwise I will have to order from UK.
Mattmud takes a while to get use to it for some pple. Becos of it's natural form and if you don't blend in well, you will have white residue. Currently have no idea who has it and may not be in Sg. Anyway if u have short and fine hair, stronghold (level 3 holding strength) is actually gd enough from the renati range.
As you are talking abt Joico, the disty who lose Joice becos Shiseido took over created a brand, Palema, supposedly better holding strength than Joico and easier to wash off, and looks similar to Joico... you might wanna try that.

Hold on for a while... others will intro theirs as well soon.
Old 19-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #8574

Mattmud takes a while to get use to it for some pple. Becos of it's natural form and if you don't blend in well, you will have white residue. Currently have no idea who has it and may not be in Sg. Anyway if u have short and fine hair, stronghold (level 3 holding strength) is actually gd enough from the renati range.
As you are talking abt Joico, the disty who lose Joice becos Shiseido took over created a brand, Palema, supposedly better holding strength than Joico and easier to wash off, and looks similar to Joico... you might wanna try that.

Hold on for a while... others will intro theirs as well soon.
I think I can buy Renati from G E Betterton & Company Limited in UK. Palema looks very much like Joico. Is it made from natural resources like Renati? Where can I buy Palema?

My fave wax right now is Shiseido UNO Fiber Neo Hair Wax - "Ultra Solid"

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/ma...y-2645132.html
Old 19-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #8575
Supremacy Member

whatme! when u got the redken 08 cream mousse must review here hor!
Sorry bro. I didn't get that in the end.. I bought Toni&Guys volume plumping mousse instead. Too lazy go find the redken cream mousse.
Old 19-10-2013, 01:22 PM   #8576

I think I can buy Renati from G E Betterton & Company Limited in UK. Palema looks very much like Joico. Is it made from natural resources like Renati? Where can I buy Palema?

My fave wax right now is Shiseido UNO Fiber Neo Hair Wax - "Ultra Solid"

MO: Shiseido UNO Men Series Hair Wax and FOG BAR Hair Styling Spray - www.hardwarezone.com.sg
Many low to mid ends are carrying it. I saw it in Super cut before. Many Jap waxes, shiseido, nakano, sysso... they will hold well for like 4 to 5 times.. after a while, not as strong anymore... you will need a deep cleanse to get the holding strength back.
Old 19-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #8577
Master Member

the disty who lose Joice becos Shiseido took over
NO WONDER i couldnt find **** on joico....
it [joico erratic] always seemed like a copy to me, since i never found it half good. tot it was some copycat just using the joico name

then now this picture looks to me like a copycat of a copycat

of cos i know this isnt the case, but u know.... looks
Old 19-10-2013, 01:55 PM   #8578
Master Member

True that it is subjective.
Renati is a great brand. It has holding power and doesn't contain unnecessary ingredients like petrolatum, lanolin (oil from sheep), parabens, mineral oil and some others.
When I was doing MO for Renati in hwz back then, I was always introducing many other brands that I was not selling as I know that not all will be suitable to 1 or 2 brands, just like SKII is not for everyone.
But IMO this thread has becoming more and more for a few members pushing only what they are just selling which is no longer a hair thread that members comes together to share honest opinions and be non bias about other products.
True that. To add on, forums are used as a platform to have discussions on a theme. In this context, the theme over here is on hair. People might be recommending and introducing their products not entirely because of monetary gains but also because these are their heartfelt opinions and feedback about it. Why is this so? Simply because they tried it and really liked it.

I believe the world works in such a way that its only human nature that everyone tends to go after their personal interests. Who doesnt anyway? Baseline is as long as there is healthy and constructive discussions going on, i believe its still beneficial to all in totality. If you don't wish to try, you can always move on to other brands. Else, you can always try out the recommended products brought to you with much convenience and supported reviews. So why not? It all roots down to one's perception. #JustSaying
Old 19-10-2013, 02:02 PM   #8579

Renati is expensive. To order from UK plus shipping, its about S$45
Old 19-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #8580
Master Member

Renati is expensive. To order from UK plus shipping, its about S$45
If you really want renati, you can head over to hairyportal.com to get yours. They should be carrying it. Hope it helps!
Extremme likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.