HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2013, 11:45 PM   #8926

Okay i just touched down in sg and need to stock up on spray. Where can i get osis 3 or any alternative hairsprays? Easier if around orchard
Old 27-10-2013, 11:51 PM   #8927

Okay i just touched down in sg and need to stock up on spray. Where can i get osis 3 or any alternative hairsprays? Easier if around orchard
You can buy em from venus beauty stores or the shop at far east plaza lvl 5 that sells hair products.
Old 27-10-2013, 11:53 PM   #8928
Master Member

Hey, carbolic soap bars? tried googling carbolic shampoo to no avail.

I scanned through almost the entire offering from watsons and guardian already, they don't anything specific for oily scalp(or specifically for men for that matter), only came across this french brand one in guardian, didn't look too appealing tho, tried body shop, they had one for oily scalp, didn't look appealing too.

Gonna find time to visit specialize shop like whathewants, any other place to recommend me for a huge range of men's haircare product? been browsing through some online offerings too, headache uh, so many selection online!
Q8 Cosmetics

this one.
Old 28-10-2013, 12:09 AM   #8929

My beautybay order for the babybliss still no news...

But I go order a compatible diffuser in case my wife needs it.
Which model did you buy? Looking to buy one too.. probably the powerlite. How long has it been since your order?
Old 28-10-2013, 12:19 AM   #8930
Honorary Member

Venus got sell q8 carbolic?

btw leejhong, if I use conditioner everyday, will there be a problem?
Old 28-10-2013, 12:21 AM   #8931
Master Member

Venus got sell q8 carbolic?

btw leejhong, if I use conditioner everyday, will there be a problem?
no and no.

but since u asked for him i'd leave it at the first no.

generally u can condition more than u shampoo anyway.
Old 28-10-2013, 03:01 AM   #8932
Great Supremacy Member

Hello! Pardon my newbie-ness Just wanted to consult yall experts on what's the best hair wax/clay for thick hair of 8- 12cm long that has an all-day strong hold without the use of hairspray. preferably easy to wash off too (i have skin/scalp issues) Matte or shiny look both are fine

so far i've tried the following products and am not satisfied one way or another:

1. Gatsby wild shake purple- has the ideal holding power, but difficult to wash out. kinda itchy too

2. gatsby mat grunge grey- good for texturising, but not much hold

2. dominate out of bed- dryness makes it hard to apply evenly. holding power is weak unless i apply a lot, which it then looks oddly stiff and plastic

3. obsidian dual touch wax- hardly any hold, but it does a great job of providing a healthy looking shine and is the easiest to wash off, no itch at all no matter how much i apply
Depends on what hair style you wanna do.

Gold digger got strong hold and it's good to tame thick hair
however if your hairstyle is damn wild. I suggest you finish it off with hair spray.

Can also try sea salt spray if you want the shape after blow dry. If yours is thick and stubborn. Then sea salt spray + gold digger combo is good.
If thick and soft, gold digger is good enough.

Alternatively you can try nigelle bold make clay. Soft clay with strong hold.

If not the new hdf claymation. Clay wax combo but I nv use before, can't comment much. Haha

It boils down to what you're trying to style.
┼kerskog likes this.
Old 28-10-2013, 03:04 AM   #8933
Great Supremacy Member

Anyway, Kent brush does soothe out my hair while blow drying.

To create volume, I think best use fingers to create movement in the root for first round of blowing. Then semi dry alr, see the volume alr, then comb and style the shape using Kent styler till fully dry.
Old 28-10-2013, 03:04 AM   #8934
Great Supremacy Member

Osis session is everywhere. Try far east plaza. Sure have. There's one store on level 3 that sells osis.
Old 28-10-2013, 03:06 AM   #8935
Great Supremacy Member

hey thanks for responding. I dont have permed hair nor am i going for curly styles. I actually want to wear a slick back/side part hair style. However Cant seem to blow dry it nicely..

which brush from kent is useful/practical for blow drying that kinda hair style?
Use fingers to learn how to blow dry first then start to use brush. Brush not easy. For more advanced users I think.

Fingers easier to control than brush

Still a noob here that's why still prefer using fingers
Lol
Old 28-10-2013, 05:49 AM   #8936

Guys! just tried HdF Claymation! Will give a short detail of the overall product Too tired to type one now haha!
Old 28-10-2013, 08:18 AM   #8937

Which model did you buy? Looking to buy one too.. probably the powerlite. How long has it been since your order?
I bought the powerlite also. Order around 2 weeks ago. Free shipping is liddat one lah very slow.
brightside likes this.
Old 28-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #8938
Master Member

But must use alot of clay and hair spray to let it set down. I considering though. I all the way cut chicken head, never tried this type of hairstyle before. See mirror liao not used to it.
It all roots down to getting used to it. Its a habit thing. But IMO, u look much better with this new style!
Old 28-10-2013, 09:02 AM   #8939
Master Member

My beautybay order for the babybliss still no news...

But I go order a compatible diffuser in case my wife needs it.
Yeah usually only females will need diffuser. Guys can't really have any grounds of opportunity to use them at all.
Old 28-10-2013, 09:12 AM   #8940
Master Member

Was referring to soap bars.
Last time I got see in Watson got sell a kaolin clay shampoo for oily scalp dunno the brand.
Okay thanks I'd check them out!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.