HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-11-2013, 04:52 PM   #9106
Master Member

Hi thanks for the tip! Any idea which is a better product to go to for that look? Hairbond moulder? Gold digger?quick sand?
never tried the moulder and dont really fancy the look anyways... so i shall allow more qualified bros to respond to ur query!

hint: its probably gold digger
Old 03-11-2013, 04:59 PM   #9107
Great Supremacy Member

I have coarse straight hair too. I find SSS to be enough to get the shape there. Esp with gx's method of bending over forwards and drying the hair upside down. 5 sprays and 10 seconds later, done. And I'm already generous with the temporal estimation.
Now my current hairstyle also need to spray 5 or 6 times otherwise won't go into shape. Last time chicken head spray 2 or 3 times can liao.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #9108
Master Member

Any review of HDF Claymation in terms of holding strength and volume?

Thanks.
I just bought the claymation from mensbazaar and used it a few times to make a comb back hair style.

For my first attempt, I used SSS and blow dry to create the volume and scoop a 50 cents coin size of claymation to style. After applying claymation, my hair feels rather soft and light. Though i am able to get the shape, the holding strength is not that strong. Even after I finish off with my hairspray, I got a feeling it will flop after a short while. And 2 hours later, I was right. My hair starts to flop.

For my subsequent attempts, again I use the SSS first to get the volume. This time round, I applied HDF quicksand first to get the shape and stronger hold. After that, I finish it off with Claymation and hairspray. This combination provides better holding strength and volume as well.

IMO, claymation gives a rather soft finishing and allows you to style easily. It also doesn't feel as sticky as gold digger after I running it with my palms before applying to my hair. Its holding strength is not as good as Gold Digger and quicksand. And as it is water soluble, claymation is easily wash off after one round of washing.

All in all, I still prefer quicksand and gold digger combination as it gives an overall better holding strength.
dark_aLLeY and hoesoverbros like this.
Old 03-11-2013, 06:11 PM   #9109
Great Supremacy Member

Hi guys, thinking of achieving the quiff look but was wondering which products to use? So far I'm looking at hair bond moulder and gold digger. My hair is kinda coarse, straight and my hair direction is kinda drooping downwards.. Thanks in advance
I would say gold digger for holding strength and finish. Pair with sea salt spray when blow drying for the shape.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #9110
Master Member

I just bought the claymation from mensbazaar and used it a few times to make a comb back hair style.

For my first attempt, I used SSS and blow dry to create the volume and scoop a 50 cents coin size of claymation to style. After applying claymation, my hair feels rather soft and light. Though i am able to get the shape, the holding strength is not that strong. Even after I finish off with my hairspray, I got a feeling it will flop after a short while. And 2 hours later, I was right. My hair starts to flop.

For my subsequent attempts, again I use the SSS first to get the volume. This time round, I applied HDF quicksand first to get the shape and stronger hold. After that, I finish it off with Claymation and hairspray. This combination provides better holding strength and volume as well.

IMO, claymation gives a rather soft finishing and allows you to style easily. It also doesn't feel as sticky as gold digger after I running it with my palms before applying to my hair. Its holding strength is not as good as Gold Digger and quicksand. And as it is water soluble, claymation is easily wash off after one round of washing.

All in all, I still prefer quicksand and gold digger combination as it gives an overall better holding strength.
can i request that u try smth and report back your findings?

using gold digger with claymation
Old 03-11-2013, 09:07 PM   #9111
Honorary Member

honestly i never understood the point of weekly shampoos

aint it kinda gross to leave dirt until the end of the week?
I think is use usual shampoo everyday, then once a week use the deep cleansing one.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:06 AM   #9112
Master Member

undercut too deep/short, how to salvage?
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 AM   #9113
Great Supremacy Member

undercut too deep/short, how to salvage?
Grow it out. Lol. No other way. Haha..
Old 04-11-2013, 09:33 AM   #9114

Finally received the kanebo shampoo, first time using it and find that it was not bad. Hair felt clean and was soft and light after using it, not to forget it had a bice as well. Would grab another bottle to stock it up!
leejhong likes this.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:41 AM   #9115
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the info.

I guess I will stick to HDF Quicksand.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:58 AM   #9116

Anyone knows where to get hair serum?And which type is good?
Old 04-11-2013, 11:42 AM   #9117
Master Member

Grow it out. Lol. No other way. Haha..
Hahaha really, there is no other way.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:43 PM   #9118
Master Member

can i request that u try smth and report back your findings?

using gold digger with claymation
Tried claymation with gold digger today... From 0630 till now, my back comb is still in shape and no sign of flopping.

IMO, the holding strength is pretty good, comparable to my preferred Quicksand & GD combination. Looks like I have an additional new combination to choose every morning before I go to school.
leejhong and hoesoverbros like this.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #9119
Great Supremacy Member

Tried claymation with gold digger today... From 0630 till now, my back comb is still in shape and no sign of flopping.

IMO, the holding strength is pretty good, comparable to my preferred Quicksand & GD combination. Looks like I have an additional new combination to choose every morning before I go to school.
ai seh power la. haha i no $ hoot claymation. haha.. nvm wait for silverfox sample.

quicksand + gold digger best combi!. haha so far i think la. haha
Old 04-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #9120
Master Member

Cool! Good to know!

Why like everyone in this thread wearing a backcomb? =O
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.