HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 1

Like Tree720Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-11-2013, 03:33 PM   #9256
Great Supremacy Member

Will try out the GD sample that JH passed to me tomorrow. Let's see how strong is the holding strength.
haha prepare to get WOW-ed
Old 07-11-2013, 06:30 PM   #9257

Hair mask should be more than enough to treat your bleached hair already i believe. But to strengthen it, argan oil will be one good solution. Argan oil also helps to make it light and silky as well but hell yeah, it can be pretty expensive too. Females with long hair will find it more useful, even though males can use it too. For sharing, here's a product that i used before that have argan oil. Orofluido Hair Elixir.

I've bought two pure Argan oil products from Venus Beauty, a serum and a conditioner. And yea they ain't cheap $58 for both. Thanks for all your help! Just one more question, can I use the conditioner, nigelle dstf treatment and serum all at the same time?
Old 07-11-2013, 06:42 PM   #9258

I've bought two pure Argan oil products from Venus Beauty, a serum and a conditioner. And yea they ain't cheap $58 for both. Thanks for all your help! Just one more question, can I use the conditioner, nigelle dstf treatment and serum all at the same time?
what brand is it?will go hunt for it soon
Old 07-11-2013, 07:06 PM   #9259
Master Member

I would strongly advise you not to do that. Use everything in moderation. Nigelle DS TF treatment can totally displace and replace the use of conditioner. So if you use hair mask (recommended usage is 2-3 times per week), please do not use conditioner. Serum is more of convenience product so i usually apply it before heading to bed. Not too much of it too. If you use everything together, your hair will be overly nourished and it might lead to greasy hair or even worse. So please dont.
Old 07-11-2013, 07:27 PM   #9260
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the reading! So Argan oil also helps in hair-repairing? If it does then I'll not buy any other haircare haha
Argan oil do help in hair repairing but most of the times one just need a good scalp shampoo that can clean the scalp effectively.

If you are really interested in Argan Oil, you can go for Moroccan Argan Oil.
Old 07-11-2013, 09:27 PM   #9261
Supremacy Member

Wah! Gatsby also hard to wash off!
Old 07-11-2013, 09:55 PM   #9262
Great Supremacy Member

Wah! Gatsby also hard to wash off!
Anything is easier to wash off. haha.

but Sebastian clay maybe not
Old 07-11-2013, 10:35 PM   #9263

Thanks gaoxing84 for the GoldDigger deal today. haha!
Old 07-11-2013, 11:53 PM   #9264

what brand is it?will go hunt for it soon
Moroccan Argan Oil by Naturalworld! I find the smell of Argan Oil quite pleasing
Old 07-11-2013, 11:55 PM   #9265

I would strongly advise you not to do that. Use everything in moderation. Nigelle DS TF treatment can totally displace and replace the use of conditioner. So if you use hair mask (recommended usage is 2-3 times per week), please do not use conditioner. Serum is more of convenience product so i usually apply it before heading to bed. Not too much of it too. If you use everything together, your hair will be overly nourished and it might lead to greasy hair or even worse. So please dont.
I see, so i should just stop using the conditioner totally? And i'm currently applying the serum twice a day. Once after i wake up, another before i head to bed.
Old 08-11-2013, 08:59 AM   #9266
Master Member

I see, so i should just stop using the conditioner totally? And i'm currently applying the serum twice a day. Once after i wake up, another before i head to bed.
I still maintain that one should use conditioner daily. The treatment is merely a stronger conditioner that u can sub out twice a week.

However I just realised how oily and hard to wash off lipid based conditioners are, and hence I feel that one should only skip the conditioning step if the conditioner is still felt in the hair even after shampooing.

As for serum, follow instructions on the packaging lo.... I think once a day should be more than enough though.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:07 AM   #9267
Master Member

If its me, i will stop using the conditioner for a period of time. Because the hair mask is already doing the job. Serves no additional purpose in using all kinds of products at one go. In this case, i know which product suits me best. As for serum, please try to stick to once per day. Consistency is the key.
Old 08-11-2013, 09:10 AM   #9268
Master Member

I still maintain that one should use conditioner daily. The treatment is merely a stronger conditioner that u can sub out twice a week.

However I just realised how oily and hard to wash off lipid based conditioners are, and hence I feel that one should only skip the conditioning step if the conditioner is still felt in the hair even after shampooing.

As for serum, follow instructions on the packaging lo.... I think once a day should be more than enough though.
Actually, I would say that its not oily but moisturizing. Most conditioners are oil-based actually and as a matter of fact, japanese conditioners are more moisturizing as it is able to help a lot during the winter. Of course, no such purpose in the context of SG. So, if you reduce the portion appropriately, it should be able to do the job well for you too. I remember you mentioning "slippery" and "oily" previously. Guess its hard to say whats good or bad at times.

Last edited by leejhong; 08-11-2013 at 09:16 AM..
Old 08-11-2013, 09:21 AM   #9269
Master Member

Ya ya 90 degrees
So which one wld be better ah? Nvr see claymation before but remembered something not so good abt quicksand haha.
90 degrees is fine with shorter hair but when my hair gets longer and before I go salon, it's sort of hard to manage, lack of holding and kinda flat after a while. And I think my current spray weighs down a bit sometimes, mayb I spray wrongly
I never use claymation before. Used quicksand once and never touch it again. Not because its a bad product but because it does nothing for me. Am guessing its due to my permed hair, thats why. Quicksand gives you a matte polish as top-coat. Should be able to control the oily look if one's hair is oily too.

90 degrees is very good for people with thin hair IMO and it should be able to do the job well enough for you. Which hair spray are u using now? Perhaps you can share with us how u use it too?
Old 08-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #9270
Arch-Supremacy Member

hello fap fap fap buddy!!!!
IVERSON korkor is the man!
A strong man, built like a tank
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.