The Hair Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Silentwisper

Reaction score
Hi, anyone knows where Maeda is working now?
Or if you have anyone to strongly recommend? Budget is about $80, $100 tops if the stylist is really great
Thanks!

Edit: I noticed Jonathan from Kenaris seems to have favourable reviews... its $50?

i was with maeda before. honestly speaking, taking into consideration pricing/cut and quality of service. jonathan from kenaris doesnt lose out at all :) approx 40ish is his rate

shamuslee

Greater Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello, any good method to soften hair. me hair is like very stiff, grow out one. :(

OtahSeller

Reaction score
i was with maeda before. honestly speaking, taking into consideration pricing/cut and quality of service. jonathan from kenaris doesnt lose out at all :) approx 40ish is his rate

before? you mean during Komachi days or after? If after where can I find him again? Thanks!

MeeHoonGoreng

Reaction score
Have dyed my hair for the first time, chose ash brown... pretty happy with the results :s22:

But the only bad thing is that my hair is so dry now :(

Does anyone have any hair moisturiser to recommend? Friend recommended a Nivera/Nivea Feel, but i can't seem to find it anywhere..help pls :s11:

Ore0_Cheescake V2.0

Reaction score
im going to get my final haircut for the next 2 years, it will be bald. thus i wanna make it memorable. haha. i always visit chapter 2. i wanna try its hairy at far east, cause i use to remember it was good back then. not sure now. or kenaris and find johnathan since his skills are widely praised on the forum.

on a side note, u guys know which salon got do dread-locks? i know its hairy got do. other then that place anywhere else? thanks

MookieTea

Reaction score
anyone can advise Renati Matt Mud or Sebastian Craft Clay is better to create a matt, volume look? and which is better to wash off and friendly to hair?

Hair length is short and hair style is kinda like a mowhawk style.

Thanks~

Sebastian craft clay will work better if your hair is short. :) Both also very easy to wash off, I prefer the look with the sebastian clay.

try kiehls olive fruit oil shampoo. you can drop by to get the samples before purchasing a full size

Where do you get this shampoo? Would like to try it.

Last edited:

MookieTea

Reaction score
Anyone knows if OSIS or Bedhead hairspray is better? Wanted to get the sebastian one but it seems like i cant find it anywhere. Chinatown too. :(

kamani

Reaction score
I shampoo my hair's on daily basis and have the much better results out there.. I have a little one problem of hair loss and want to get rid of this one problem as soon as possible...

siandiaola

Reaction score
hi butties. need some recommendation for hair stylist around 30+ bucks.
i'm looking to change my hairstyle to a relatively short one and dont have any specific hairstyles in mind. preferably the hairstylist is able to give opinions and advice.

spyderbil316

Reaction score
Anyone knows if OSIS or Bedhead hairspray is better? Wanted to get the sebastian one but it seems like i cant find it anywhere. Chinatown too. :(

Hi,

which hairspray you want? Sebastian Hairspray I can help you get. Let me know what you looking for via PM

Silentwisper

Reaction score
Sebastian craft clay will work better if your hair is short. :) Both also very easy to wash off, I prefer the look with the sebastian clay.

Where do you get this shampoo? Would like to try it.

kiehls, you can try out with their samples first, they have a store at tangs orchard, ion, taka, parkway and tamp if i rmb correctly

Silentwisper

Reaction score
hi butties. need some recommendation for hair stylist around 30+ bucks.
i'm looking to change my hairstyle to a relatively short one and dont have any specific hairstyles in mind. preferably the hairstylist is able to give opinions and advice.

honestly, i do not know of any good stylist that charges approx 30 ish, i believe in paying for the experience they have. why not just up your budget a little and go for a slightly better stylist? at least youd have a peace of mind when you have your haircut done. since its your last haircut before NS (the next one might prolly be my last too, enlisting in nov) an additional 10 bucks isnt gonna hurt your pcket too much id say (;

OtahSeller

Reaction score
Looking for good hairstylists

Hi, may I know where can I find Hisato or any good hairstylists? Budget about $80, $100 if really good.
I have tried Jonathan at Kenaris and was not satisfied.
Thanks!

turnerdhr

Reaction score
Hi, may I know where can I find Hisato or any good hairstylists? Budget about $80, $100 if really good.
Thanks!

what was the dissatisfaction with Jonathan's cut? i am considering him, bit like you, i am particular about the finish product.... i could be depressed for 1 month if i am not satisfied...

OtahSeller

Reaction score
what was the dissatisfaction with Jonathan's cut? i am considering him, bit like you, i am particular about the finish product.... i could be depressed for 1 month if i am not satisfied...

While he was very knowledgable about the my hair and texture, the end product was not done satisfactory.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Replied back your PM already. Just in case the others on this thread who are curious abt Hisato's whereabouts since they have been reading about my reviews at Shunji Matsuo earlier, it's not that he's not working in Shunji Matsuo anymore, but he has to maintain and run a Shuji's new salon that just opened in Indonesia back in mid-2010. Since he has to jet back and forth to Indonesia on a frequent basis, it's quite hard to get hold of him for your hair appts unless u manage to be lucky.

I have since been relying on Nashiki-san (also located at Shunji Matsuo) for my cuts, or sometimes also visiting Monso Hair Design located at Gallery Hotel (Nanson Rd) to look for Soga-san, if I can't manage to catch Nashiki whenever I need a hair appt.

One word of advice though, I don't think Monso Hair Design is suitable for doing hair colouring/digital perm (especially if u are a girl and tend to be choosy over such services), their rates are actually considered alot more exp compared to Shunji, and their salon equipment IMO is not as well-equipped/enhanced as Shunji Matsuo, cos ever since Shunji Matsuo moved to Heeren from Wellington building back last yr, actually Shunji-san did invested in some new equipment upgrades for their salon, to improve the overall customer service experience there.

Just sharing what I know.
Cheers.

Haonan

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
hello, any good method to soften hair. me hair is like very stiff, grow out one. :(

Do you have the habit of conditioning your hair? I don't really condition my hair on a frequent basis, because I need to leave some texture on my hair in order to style easily with wax, but according to my hairstylist recommendation it's still better to condition your hair maybe once or twice a week. (and of course use a good hair conditioning product also, not those 3-in-1 shampoo + conditioning type)

Hope this helps.

OtahSeller

Reaction score
Replied back your PM already. Just in case the others on this thread who are curious abt Hisato's whereabouts since they have been reading about my reviews at Shunji Matsuo earlier, it's not that he's not working in Shunji Matsuo anymore, but he has to maintain and run a Shuji's new salon that just opened in Indonesia back in mid-2010. Since he has to jet back and forth to Indonesia on a frequent basis, it's quite hard to get hold of him for your hair appts unless u manage to be lucky.

I have since been relying on Nashiki-san (also located at Shunji Matsuo) for my cuts, or sometimes also visiting Monso Hair Design located at Gallery Hotel (Nanson Rd) to look for Soga-san, if I can't manage to catch Nashiki whenever I need a hair appt.

One word of advice though, I don't think Monso Hair Design is suitable for doing hair colouring/digital perm (especially if u are a girl and tend to be choosy over such services), their rates are actually considered alot more exp compared to Shunji, and their salon equipment IMO is not as well-equipped/enhanced as Shunji Matsuo, cos ever since Shunji Matsuo moved to Heeren from Wellington building back last yr, actually Shunji-san did invested in some new equipment upgrades for their salon, to improve the overall customer service experience there.

Just sharing what I know.
Cheers.

Okay cool thanks! Think I tried Soga-san 2 years ago,wasnt that satisfied either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.