HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 3

Like Tree1014Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-01-2014, 12:12 AM   #2221
Great Supremacy Member

Actually I've got really stubborn hair, around the left back always stand up...no matter how I cut or what I use, always stick up. Extremely annoying to deal with, so I normally just stick to high rise hairdos

Any solutions for this?
GD is actually a very strong and heavy wax so I believe it would pull it down. Even for me, I have pretty stubborn hair and GD would take of it for me.

But I don't like GD.
Old 24-01-2014, 12:17 AM   #2222

Bought Kanebo shampoo and PP spray from leejhong 2 weeks ago, guess I will write short reviews for them.

Before reviewing the products, I have to praise bro leejhong for his service. He changed and arranged his timing to meet me. Really appreciated that.

First is the Kanebo shampoo which I think most have known the quality. The most impressive part is how I can use 1 pump to wash the styling powder, Gold Digger and spray from my hair in 1 wash. I use Schwarzkopf taft powder for volume instead of sea salt spray and those who use styling powder will understand how hard it is to wash your hair, I usually need to wash twice. The first shampoo I use that can clean it in 1 wash is Kanebo My hair is also less oily the next day and becomes easier to style in the morning.

Got the Kanebo conditioner sample and when used with the shampoo really makes my hair soft and refreshing. When he said the conditioner makes our hair soft he was not kidding, which is why I just ordered 1 bottle.

Next is Power Point spray which is indeed lightweight and most important it is matte. Size is big too making it value for money.

Another sample I got was 90 Degrees wax which is pretty unique. It doesn't clamp the hair together and very dry yet has a strong hold. Smells a bit funky tho but at least the smell is not strong and when I step out I don't smell it anymore. May consider it next time after I use it more as it is quite new to me.

Another mention to Gold Digger which I got from another great seller bro Gaoxing. If you want strong hold, you won't go wrong with Gold Digger. Gold digger is the only wax so far that can bring down my sideburn. Usually only Joico Ice Spiker can bring my side hair down but I prefer GD as it is matte. And I can style and re-style my hair all day long with GD which is also shown by Gaoxing in his video.

Now my hair still a bit short but just nice will be long enough to style slick side parting for CNY
gaoxing84 and leejhong like this.
Old 24-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #2223
Great Supremacy Member

Actually I've got really stubborn hair, around the left back always stand up...no matter how I cut or what I use, always stick up. Extremely annoying to deal with, so I normally just stick to high rise hairdos

Any solutions for this?
only way to combat that is to grow it long then let it fall on its own due to weight. GD is considered heavy, maybe help to push it down too.
Old 24-01-2014, 12:21 AM   #2224
Master Member

Any solutions for this?
U have undercut?
Old 24-01-2014, 12:32 AM   #2225

Anyone knows where I can get Avalon Organics thickening shampoo? I wanna alternate this with my Kanebo to build some body because my hair is really too fine.
Old 24-01-2014, 12:44 AM   #2226

Anyone knows where I can get Avalon Organics thickening shampoo? I wanna alternate this with my Kanebo to build some body because my hair is really too fine.
from iHerbs: Avalon Organics, Biotin B-Complex Therapy, Thickening Shampoo, 14 fl oz (414 ml) - iHerb.com
Old 24-01-2014, 12:46 AM   #2227

U have undercut?
Nope, my kind of hair makes it hard to maintain undercut...Backhair wont stay in shape, which will ruin the undercut look...

only way to combat that is to grow it long then let it fall on its own due to weight. GD is considered heavy, maybe help to push it down too.
Problem is I dislike long hair...I'm a man of convenience, long hair/big volume very hot and takes longer to dry. Hopefully GD works for me...

Last edited by yswrox; 24-01-2014 at 12:48 AM..
Old 24-01-2014, 12:55 AM   #2228
Master Member

Nope, my kind of hair makes it hard to maintain undercut...Backhair wont stay in shape, which will ruin the undercut look...

Problem is I dislike long hair...I'm a man of convenience, long hair/big volume very hot and takes longer to dry. Hopefully GD works for me...
Got try blow drying it down?
Old 24-01-2014, 08:07 AM   #2229
Great Supremacy Member

It doesn't have to be long hair thru out. but I am sure gd is heavy enough to bring down those fray standing hair
Old 24-01-2014, 08:08 AM   #2230

Thanks bro. Btw, anyone used this before? How did you all find it? I'm also looking at Lock, Stock and Barrel Reconstruct Thickening Shampoo but it's almost twice the price of Avalon Organics.
Old 24-01-2014, 08:13 AM   #2231
Supremacy Member

Thanks bro. Btw, anyone used this before? How did you all find it? I'm also looking at Lock, Stock and Barrel Reconstruct Thickening Shampoo but it's almost twice the price of Avalon Organics.
I only used the Avalon Organics Rosemary Volumizing Shampoo which is very strong to my scalp and I stopped using after I have finished the bottle.
Old 24-01-2014, 08:51 AM   #2232
Master Member

I only used the Avalon Organics Rosemary Volumizing Shampoo which is very strong to my scalp and I stopped using after I have finished the bottle.
No wonder u developed a phobia of sulphates? XD

What happen wor.... Reddish scalp?
Old 24-01-2014, 09:32 AM   #2233
Supremacy Member

No wonder u developed a phobia of sulphates? XD

What happen wor.... Reddish scalp?
Haha... Not really phobia but can feel that it is slightly stronger on my scalp.
Old 24-01-2014, 09:35 AM   #2234
Master Member

Haha... Not really phobia but can feel that it is slightly stronger on my scalp.
Oh..... I see I see.

In all seriousness, its more likely that the harshness is cos of the concentration of the SLS, rather than the presence of the chemical, along with other compounds that exacerbated its effect.

Not that it matters now since u alr found ur daily driver shampoo!
Old 24-01-2014, 10:37 AM   #2235
Supremacy Member

Oh..... I see I see.

In all seriousness, its more likely that the harshness is cos of the concentration of the SLS, rather than the presence of the chemical, along with other compounds that exacerbated its effect.

Not that it matters now since u alr found ur daily driver shampoo!
Because I do not know the % of the SLS in the shampoo, so I can only go by the brands.

I will still prefer Q8 Carbolic Silky Shampoo over Kanebo Lissage Vogne Acidic Shampoo if they are about the same price.

If I am not wrong, shampoos that are too strong for the scalp can cause hair dropping.

Last edited by xRenol; 24-01-2014 at 10:40 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.