HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 3

Like Tree1014Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-02-2014, 05:16 PM   #2656
Master Member

Don't need to blow dry. Use hair serum on damp hair then wait. It will harden your hair a little. You rake through can feel abit oily feel. Just a little bit.
Hmm mine no need rake again. No harden or oily too... And ya I air dry after application on damp hair also.

Morning dunnid rinse la. For wad remove it?
Old 06-02-2014, 05:34 PM   #2657
Great Supremacy Member

Hmm mine no need rake again. No harden or oily too... And ya I air dry after application on damp hair also.

don't rinse, cannot wake up leh. hahahaha. need cold water down my head then i can wake up
Old 06-02-2014, 05:46 PM   #2658
Master Member

Hmmmmm then just put after morning rinse lo
Old 06-02-2014, 05:56 PM   #2659
Great Supremacy Member

As in if you rake through your hair. You'll get that feeling. I don't know which one you use but I use those cheapo one bought from NTUC.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:34 PM   #2660
Master Member

some times blow and using serum is sufficient

esp if u are going somewhere nearby to get/do some stuff

what does fudge end smells like?
I always have problems describing smell. All i can say is that it definitely smells pleasant to all of us. If anyone finds it unpleasant, something is wrong with the nose.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:35 PM   #2661
Master Member

Would like to share my thoughts on Pote Shampoo VS Kanebo Shampoo.
I bought both shampoo from our handsome JH kor kor!

Was given sample to try of both. But too bad Pote took quite sometime to come in. So i went on the buy Kanebo first, and when Pote comes, i bought it again.

Both are moisturizing shampoos
Going to compare them head on.

Smell
Kanebo - smells like shea butter (i think female will like it, but generally it's quite pleasant)
Pote - I love it, slightly more manly but some say smells like dishwasher. But who cares, me rikes can already.

Texture of the shampoo liquid
Kanebo - literally feels like melt smooth thick butter
Pote - thick and white (hehe)

Ease of lathering (used on hair that was on Gold digger the whole day, all kind of crap taken. Oil, sweat, dust and etc.)
Kanebo - when i have longer and more hair, takes me 1.5 pumps to fully lather into foam. Now that i have shorter hair, 1 full pump allow me to lather fully.
Pote - used it when i had longer hair as well, lather easily. Creates more foam than kanebo (unsure why, maybe pote suits me more?)

Cleansing ability
Both cleanses quite well. no issue and there's no need for comparision.

The feel after shampooing my hair
Kanebo - did quite a good job, feels good, clean and buttery. Hair texture is softer after a long day. Generally quite a awesome shampoo. My hair doesn't feel dry or too oily. Feels just right.
Pote - this is where i feel pote wins kanebo hands down (IMO). My hair feels immediately softer and easier to manager. Running my hand thru my hands feels just right. I thought i had a transformation of ang moh hair after shampoo-ing.

I will take Pote over kanebo. But it still boils down to which one you personally like better. You just have to try both to see which one suits you better.
Searching for the perfect shampoo is the same as searching for the right girl.
hehe
Nice comparison between the 2 shampoos, bro! At the end of the day, everyone has different requirements and preferences. I myself also find Pote more moisturizing than Kanebo but it is the smell of Kanebo that got me hooked on till now.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:42 PM   #2662
Master Member

win! eh then use serum already, can straight chiong sss and blow dry tgt?
or i can use at night, blow dry and slp.
tmr morning rinse hair with water, and spray sss and blow dry?

prefer to use at night though before slping.
It actually depends on what function of Fudge Gloss are you going after. If you're going after the function of using it to counter frizzy hair, naturally using it at night and blowdrying will be a better option to look at. If you dont have frizzy hair issues, you can consider applying it in the morning (with a small portion) as pre-styling product to tame flyaways, if flyaways is a big issue for you. What i tried out is to apply gloss onto damp hair and blow dry till semi-dry then apply SSS and blow dry till complete dry. Of course, its good if you can try out other methods and see which works for you best.

With that said, you can also apply the night before and wash off in the morning too. The difference might be there but it shouldn't be too significant. Can try it out and see how it goes too.

I prefer to blowdry after applying serum as i want my hair to feel smooth after application. By allowing it to airdry in my hair after application, makes my head heavy. This is also why after shampoo boy/stylist washes your hair at the salons, they usually don't let it air dry for too long as it will cause headache in some cases.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:43 PM   #2663

Bought and used some products from the smart ass Google programmer. Lols. Here are my thoughts.

Kanebo Shampoo is in her own league as compared to most shampoos in common department stores that uses fancy words to attract your attention. Makes your hair really soft and silky, a result of the good moisturising effect. Great smell and post shower feeling. Also, its very suitable for oily and sensitive scalp like mine as I've been using it daily without irritation. Lathers up well too so you won't have to worry about pumping too much.

90 degrees X-strong Wax. Matte finish look for people who want to have a 'i have nothing on my hair' look. Strong hold and extremely washable. Water alone can wash up to 80% of it off. Using any gentle shampoo would suffice since its so soluble. Smell is subjective. To me, if the smell is more pleasant, all the other wax stores can close shop. Use a nice smelling hair spray to overcome it or use your perfume/cologne to mask it, which ever floats your boat.

OS Fashion Sea Salt Spray. Provides great lift to your hair. It can create the illusion of thick and full hair even if you have fine and soft hair that cant resist gravity. Great smell and the orange liquid looks like an appealing soft drink!

Kanebo Conditioner is given as a free sample. Thanks btw. Beats my Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner by a mile. Been using Dove conditioner for 2 weeks and my frizzy hair is still there. Just 3 application of Kanebo conditoner and its fixed. No kidding. Its coming back since I used it up.

Pote Natural Organic Shampoo Shampoo. Marginally better in terms of moisturising effect than Kanebo. Definitely more worth it than any shampoo in commercial stores. Even helped with my frizzy hair slightly. But I still prefer Kanebo as its from Japan whereas Pote is manufactured in China. Preference only.

Carbolic Shampoo is good for deep cleansing your scalp. Charcoal removes any lingering hawker center smell if you've just dine there. Still acceptable for oily and sensitive scalps. Can't determine about its effects if used daily since I only got a sample.

Kudos to your entrepreneurial spirit. Maybe one day can win Entrepreneur of the Year Award

Side note, the purple SilkPro Oil Control Shampoo is a real tonic for your dandruff. Makes them multiply like mad. Perhaps its my sensitive scalp. Try it if you want to confirm you can make snowflakes
gaoxing84 and leejhong like this.
Old 06-02-2014, 09:53 PM   #2664
Master Member

Bought and used some products from the smart ass Google programmer. Lols. Here are my thoughts.

Kanebo Shampoo is in her own league as compared to most shampoos in common department stores that uses fancy words to attract your attention. Makes your hair really soft and silky, a result of the good moisturising effect. Great smell and post shower feeling. Also, its very suitable for oily and sensitive scalp like mine as I've been using it daily without irritation. Lathers up well too so you won't have to worry about pumping too much.

90 degrees X-strong Wax. Matte finish look for people who want to have a 'i have nothing on my hair' look. Strong hold and extremely washable. Water alone can wash up to 80% of it off. Using any gentle shampoo would suffice since its so soluble. Smell is subjective. To me, if the smell is more pleasant, all the other wax stores can close shop. Use a nice smelling hair spray to overcome it or use your perfume/cologne to mask it, which ever floats your boat.

OS Fashion Sea Salt Spray. Provides great lift to your hair. It can create the illusion of thick and full hair even if you have fine and soft hair that cant resist gravity. Great smell and the orange liquid looks like an appealing soft drink!

Kanebo Conditioner is given as a free sample. Thanks btw. Beats my Dove Damage Therapy Intense Repair Conditioner by a mile. Been using Dove conditioner for 2 weeks and my frizzy hair is still there. Just 3 application of Kanebo conditoner and its fixed. No kidding. Its coming back since I used it up.

Pote Natural Organic Shampoo Shampoo. Marginally better in terms of moisturising effect than Kanebo. Definitely more worth it than any shampoo in commercial stores. Even helped with my frizzy hair slightly. But I still prefer Kanebo as its from Japan whereas Pote is manufactured in China. Preference only.

Carbolic Shampoo is good for deep cleansing your scalp. Charcoal removes any lingering hawker center smell if you've just dine there. Still acceptable for oily and sensitive scalps. Can't determine about its effects if used daily since I only got a sample.

Kudos to your entrepreneurial spirit. Maybe one day can win Entrepreneur of the Year Award

Side note, the purple SilkPro Oil Control Shampoo is a real tonic for your dandruff. Makes them multiply like mad. Perhaps its my sensitive scalp. Try it if you want to confirm you can make snowflakes
Thanks for leaving such an awesome review and your kind words, bro! I am not smart bro, just an average uni guy on the street. You really know what you're saying for the products even when it comes to the small sample that i given you. And i want to point out what you mentioned for Carbolic, yes its very effective in the removal of the hair stench especially if you went out for bbq or something similar. The stench removal is superb and till now, it actually remains as my preferred scalp cleansing.

On a side note, i am currently testing out a new product - Brelil Professional Detoxifying Shampoo. Primarily, it is used to clear scalp acne as it have anti-inflammatory properties in it. Gives me a very refreshing feeling after using it and hair does not feel a single bit of dryness at all. This is something unexpected, to be honest. Most importantly, the smell is addictive. I am literally smelling the shampoo everytime i enter into my toilet. Some of you guys might already receive a sample of it while those who havent, i will be passing to most of you guys too. Cheers!
prokia likes this.
Old 06-02-2014, 10:02 PM   #2665

Dont bluff!! Not smart how to multi-task. Study plus take orders, ensure orders ship out, distribute products, make samples, offer great customer service, set up web store, test products, launch products etc. Most people study alone also no honours liao. Haha!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:21 PM   #2666
Master Member

Dont bluff!! Not smart how to multi-task. Study plus take orders, ensure orders ship out, distribute products, make samples, offer great customer service, set up web store, test products, launch products etc. Most people study alone also no honours liao. Haha!
Truth! This guy right here is one epic dude!
Old 06-02-2014, 10:33 PM   #2667
Great Supremacy Member

Truth! This guy right here is one epic dude!
You too.

My girlfriend is still sexier than you.
Old 06-02-2014, 11:23 PM   #2668
High Supremacy Member

I cut at Thomas&Guys by Steven.
how muchie the damage?

i tried reds, the stylist are average but they got excellent service
Old 06-02-2014, 11:25 PM   #2669
High Supremacy Member

I always have problems describing smell. All i can say is that it definitely smells pleasant to all of us. If anyone finds it unpleasant, something is wrong with the nose.
or do u know which stores is carrying the product? so i can go check the smell
Old 06-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #2670
Great Supremacy Member

It actually depends on what function of Fudge Gloss are you going after. If you're going after the function of using it to counter frizzy hair, naturally using it at night and blowdrying will be a better option to look at. If you dont have frizzy hair issues, you can consider applying it in the morning (with a small portion) as pre-styling product to tame flyaways, if flyaways is a big issue for you. What i tried out is to apply gloss onto damp hair and blow dry till semi-dry then apply SSS and blow dry till complete dry. Of course, its good if you can try out other methods and see which works for you best.

With that said, you can also apply the night before and wash off in the morning too. The difference might be there but it shouldn't be too significant. Can try it out and see how it goes too.

I prefer to blowdry after applying serum as i want my hair to feel smooth after application. By allowing it to airdry in my hair after application, makes my head heavy. This is also why after shampoo boy/stylist washes your hair at the salons, they usually don't let it air dry for too long as it will cause headache in some cases.
ok. you got me hook. get me a damn gloss!
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.