The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

laziee

Reaction score
Unprofessional Hair Stylist - Sharon Lee

Hi all
Will like to share my recent experience with a hair stylist with all in this forum.
Visited a salon (won’t mention which salon for now) for the first time on 11 April; made an appointment with a senior stylist, Sharon Lee at 4.30pm to rebond my fringe and perm my hair. I remember I was there on time, at 4.30pm sharp. Sharon seems quite professional at first explaining to me exactly what she was intending to do to my hair. Started from a cut, she moved on to rebonding my fringe. Everything was fine till she started perming my hair. She initially said that the perm will just take 20minutes but it seems like she wasn't sure how to use the machine. She kept telilng me that she needs another 10mins and another 10mins and thereafter another 15mins. Sharon kept telilng me that she needs another 10mins and thereafter another 10mins and again another 15mins and it went on and on; the whole session didn't end till almost 2-3 hours later. As it was getting late, she took the rollers off my hair and started curling it "manually" using the tongs. I didn't leave the salon till 10.30pm that day with a hairstyle that looks like it's a temporary perm. Not sure why but Sharon gave me a personal mobile no. asking me to call her directly if I’ve question (perhaps she has anticipated that the perm won’t last?)
Well, anybody would have expected the result - the perm didn't last me for more than a week. It went completely straight the 2nd week after I permed my hair. Of course I was mad at the whole thing. However, instead of contacting Sharon directly, I wrote an email to the salon to complain, and I’m glad I did.
The director of the salon was nice enough to return my call. He apologised for the unpleasant experience, explained to me that Sharon is no longer with them and offered to re-do my hair at no charge. I must say that he has handled this very well and professionally. Although I was rather pissed with the first experience with Sharon, but the director managed to salvage the situation quick enough that I do think I'll go back to the salon again!

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Btw! Dynamite Clay will be releasing by slikhaar and hair broducts real soon! Stay tuned!

On paper, it's a combo of Gold digger and hanz de fuko quicksand!

Gives texture, full appearance, slight volume, extreme hold and matte finish!

Will be releasing a special by vilain full experience 3 tub pack at a attractive price and free registered mailing!

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all
Will like to share my recent experience with a hair stylist with all in this forum.
Visited a salon (won’t mention which salon for now) for the first time on 11 April; made an appointment with a senior stylist, Sharon Lee at 4.30pm to rebond my fringe and perm my hair. I remember I was there on time, at 4.30pm sharp. Sharon seems quite professional at first explaining to me exactly what she was intending to do to my hair. Started from a cut, she moved on to rebonding my fringe. Everything was fine till she started perming my hair. She initially said that the perm will just take 20minutes but it seems like she wasn't sure how to use the machine. She kept telilng me that she needs another 10mins and another 10mins and thereafter another 15mins. Sharon kept telilng me that she needs another 10mins and thereafter another 10mins and again another 15mins and it went on and on; the whole session didn't end till almost 2-3 hours later. As it was getting late, she took the rollers off my hair and started curling it "manually" using the tongs. I didn't leave the salon till 10.30pm that day with a hairstyle that looks like it's a temporary perm. Not sure why but Sharon gave me a personal mobile no. asking me to call her directly if I’ve question (perhaps she has anticipated that the perm won’t last?)
Well, anybody would have expected the result - the perm didn't last me for more than a week. It went completely straight the 2nd week after I permed my hair. Of course I was mad at the whole thing. However, instead of contacting Sharon directly, I wrote an email to the salon to complain, and I’m glad I did.
The director of the salon was nice enough to return my call. He apologised for the unpleasant experience, explained to me that Sharon is no longer with them and offered to re-do my hair at no charge. I must say that he has handled this very well and professionally. Although I was rather pissed with the first experience with Sharon, but the director managed to salvage the situation quick enough that I do think I'll go back to the salon again!

6 hrs inside the salon???

:s13::s13::s13:

dj_flame

Reaction score
Some thoughts after using Vantachi more than a week:

- Initially Hairbond Moulder was my top rated in terms of a pliable product with decent hold. However, after using Vantachi, I can say Vantachi ranks above Moudler.
It's easy to apply and wash off, the hold is medium (don't expect too much) and best of all, its very pliable, meaning if your style is out of place, you just need a mirror and a quick touch up.
I will be buying Vantachi for a long time. On its own, it is a excellent product for texturizing, especially if you intend to wear a non-quiff matte hairstyle. It is however, not that great for quiffs or messy slick backs because its hold cannot compare against our god damn tropical humidity.

Some other thoughts on GD after using it more often:

- GD is kinda like Vantachi, except harder to apply and not as pliable, but in compensation its holding strength is higher. Quiffs and texturized slick backs can be done using GD bc of its superior hold. However, you should always finish off with some hairspray if you intent to have the style hold throughout the whole day or if you know you are going somewhere sweaty (like zouk...although i don't really sweat at zouk nowadays :D)

Finals thoughts:

- Both product doesn't really give much volume since chinese hair tends to fall flat after an hr or so. For that runway model quiff, i found SSS+Quicksand+GD seemed to be a sure fire combi. Seems like the new dynamite clay will solve some of the issues of GD.
- I still like imperial classic pomade for that shiny quiff style though, which is more suitable for office attire than messy quffs. However, pomade does make my hair look a bit flat since i just use pomade and a blow dryer. Anyone here uses pomade with SSS or hairspray? How are the results?

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

- Initially Hairbond Moulder was my top rated in terms of a pliable product with decent hold. However, after using Vantachi, I can say Vantachi ranks above Moudler.
It's easy to apply and wash off, the hold is medium (don't expect too much) and best of all, its very pliable, meaning if your style is out of place, you just need a mirror and a quick touch up.
I will be buying Vantachi for a long time. On its own, it is a excellent product for texturizing, especially if you intend to wear a non-quiff matte hairstyle. It is however, not that great for quiffs or messy slick backs because its hold cannot compare against our god damn tropical humidity.

- GD is kinda like Vantachi, except harder to apply and not as pliable, but in compensation its holding strength is higher. Quiffs and texturized slick backs can be done using GD bc of its superior hold. However, you should always finish off with some hairspray if you intent to have the style hold throughout the whole day or if you know you are going somewhere sweaty (like zouk...although i don't really sweat at zouk nowadays :D)

Finals thoughts:

- Both product doesn't really give much volume since chinese hair tends to fall flat after an hr or so. For that runway model quiff, i found SSS+Quicksand+GD seemed to be a sure fire combi. Seems like the new dynamite clay will solve some of the issues of GD.
- I still like imperial classic pomade for that shiny quiff style though, which is more suitable for office attire than messy quffs. However, pomade does make my hair look a bit flat since i just use pomade and a blow dryer. Anyone here uses pomade with SSS or hairspray? How are the results?

I used Hairbond Moulder before but I find the hold is very weak or non existent.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Finals thoughts:

all i can replied is this, ZOUK BO JIO! :s13:

i do use SSS and pomade together but still flat. LOL
Quiff ah. best combi for me
SSS + GD and occasionally vantachi combo.

Dynamite clay might be able to address the volume issue of GD but i think the hold is not as strong of GD.
its rated one star lower.
I think its suitable for sculpting or out of bed hair style. like messy messy kind.
I am going for the ultimate combo.
GD + DC (Dynamite Clay) and see what i can achieve.
It might be able to take over the quicksand.
Heard from Rasmus that is less gritty than quicksand.

Let me try it out and review it here soon.
Gonna do it this way

1st test = SSS+DC doing my usual quiff
2nd test = SSS+DC+GD Mix (Check the hold and matte-ness)
3rd test = SSS + DC + SF Mix (Check the hold and overall shine factor after using it with DC)

will do a field report soon! hehe.. the ByVilain Experience Pack! :s12:

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Yeah saw their dynamite clay product but like my hairstylist said, better not to judge the product too much if its performed on ang mor hair. I did notice they even have their own line of shampoo and conditioners.

That being said, SF for me. :s13:

All in a Day

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hi all

Long, detailed and laborious first post, quite an irony considering the nick you gave yourself... My burning question after reading the WOT.. what's the point u are trying to make with the the post? catch no ball:s22:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
me. but stocks haven't come. so gotta wait for denmark to release the stocks

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Girlfriend just help me shave my hair. But the bad thing is, she shave it to the style she prefer instead of the usual done by my hairatylist. :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.