The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyanCCY

Reaction score
TPJ ( theprettyjerk.com) Review

First time buying OS sea salt spray and power point hair spray from Junhong .
Good thing is unlike other online shops, He will personally message you to confirm the delivery status so you can feel rest assured .
Products came in 4 days after ordering , faster than I expected.
Products were packaged nicely with bubble wraps surrounding each product individually.
Two free sample of Kanebo shampoo and conditioner was also provided to my surprise. Tried them and my hair feels very smooth and refreshed after using.
Power Point HS is one of the strongest I feel and it's really worth for the price ($19.90) , and it does not leave white flakes on your hair as stated. After spraying and letting it dry , your hair will remain crisp for the rest of the day and will not fall.
As for sea salt hair spray, it's really good to use as a pre styling product as you can blow your hair into the style as desired , and it'll be easier to apply your wax/pomade after that.

If you need any styling products, do visit theprettyjerk.com

Will definitely be buying from him again.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how often you guys cut your hair to maintain the style?

Last time 1 month once when it was number 0 shaved sides. Now 1 week once because I leave a number 3 side but every Sunday girlfriend would shave the sides and back for me. I have hair clippers at home.

alwaysnforever

Master Member
Reaction score
first your hair how long first.
first requirement of using pomade is long hair.
if not long enough, it wouldn't hold as well.
if not long, i suggest your try silverfox

how long is long? Mine is currently about 4 inches, but I wouldn't go for another hair cut till about 3 weeks later.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
how long is long? Mine is currently about 4 inches, but I wouldn't go for another hair cut till about 3 weeks later.

Probably short medium or medium length max. Depending on what kind of hairstyle you want lar honestly.

If spike, your hair length good enough liao. Imo I feel spiked hair cannot be too long, will look weird.

x3dnd3x

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
too short. u need to double it bro. pomade needs the length to "glue" it down

my hair is 20cm and its BARELY enough for pomade to work with

I think for his hair length, SF would be okay but Pomade its a big no no.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
for pomade, first hair has to be long. it's hold is like very thick water holding your hair down.

short hair just don't cut it.

LaughingKor

Banned
Reaction score
hi all, anyone here able to explain how the sea salt hair spray works? i've read that it gives 'volume', but in what sense?

any strong hold non-shine wax to recommend? initially was using a brand purchased from salon but after trying out my friend's clay i decided to get one, went for gatsby brand clay. It sucks, and has that oily feel to it and doesn't really hold well...

thanks in advance :)

* edit i've seen the quicksand, any comments to that? how about spray to hold after waxing? SS spray is used before waxing right?

Last edited:

RyanCCY

Reaction score
hi all, anyone here able to explain how the sea salt hair spray works? i've read that it gives 'volume', but in what sense?

any strong hold non-shine wax to recommend? initially was using a brand purchased from salon but after trying out my friend's clay i decided to get one, went for gatsby brand clay. It sucks, and has that oily feel to it and doesn't really hold well...

thanks in advance :)

* edit i've seen the quicksand, any comments to that? how about spray to hold after waxing? SS spray is used before waxing right?

SS spray is to used on towel dried hair/damp hair and to blow dry with it . It gives the hair more substance and volume , as it provides a better hold as compared to no pre-styling products . It also allows you to style your hair easier after drying.
It's actually like how volumizing powder works ( can check out OSIS dust it powder )
Strong hold non-shine , I strongly recommend gold digger by Valain. Can order from gaoxing over here in this thread .
If you want shine , then go for silver fox.
If you prefer the clay type, can try By Valain Dynamite Clay too .
I've personally never tried quicksand though reviews are good and celebrity are using it. Heard its different from normal waxes , it has a gritty sandy feeling. Correct me if I'm wrong, and it helps to absorb oil in our hair especially in this humid Singapore.
If you're looking for a good spray , do use POWER POINT hair spray from theprettyjerk.com , really good and ever better than the pervious Loreal brand hairspray I bought from guardian .
It's only 19.90 , around the same as gatsby etc . Plus it does not leave any white flakes behind , and spray is really crisp and solid.
And yes SS spray is used before waxing . It's a pre styling product .

I hope this help you :)

LaughingKor

Banned
Reaction score
SS spray is to used on towel dried hair/damp hair and to blow dry with it . It gives the hair more substance and volume , as it provides a better hold as compared to no pre-styling products . It also allows you to style your hair easier after drying.
It's actually like how volumizing powder works ( can check out OSIS dust it powder )
Strong hold non-shine , I strongly recommend gold digger by Valain. Can order from gaoxing over here in this thread .
If you want shine , then go for silver fox.
If you prefer the clay type, can try By Valain Dynamite Clay too .
I've personally never tried quicksand though reviews are good and celebrity are using it. Heard its different from normal waxes , it has a gritty sandy feeling. Correct me if I'm wrong, and it helps to absorb oil in our hair especially in this humid Singapore.
If you're looking for a good spray , do use POWER POINT hair spray from theprettyjerk.com , really good and ever better than the pervious Loreal brand hairspray I bought from guardian .
It's only 19.90 , around the same as gatsby etc . Plus it does not leave any white flakes behind , and spray is really crisp and solid.
And yes SS spray is used before waxing . It's a pre styling product .

I hope this help you :)

thanks bro that really helped me a lot, just what i'm looking for !! :)

does gaoxing carry the sss as well or only the gold digger? thanks :)

RyanCCY

Reaction score
thanks bro that really helped me a lot, just what i'm looking for !! :)

does gaoxing carry the sss as well or only the gold digger? thanks :)

Gaoxing carries all things By Valain ( gold digger silver fox and dynamite clay )
Junhong (Theprettyjerk) carries SSS (OS sea salt spray) and hair spray and some other pomades, you can check out his website . It's really user friendly .
You're welcome .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.