The Hair Thread - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Pardon for a very noob review (Sorry if my language is really bad! :X)

Just wana give some comment on this new sidekick for anyone may wish to consider this.

Comes with a nice light scent, Quite like it..

*Do note that my hair is perm-ed last month. Without blowdry and without sidekick, just to illustrate how "less is my hair" :s13:
2w4h6vm.jpg

After blow dry and style with Gold Digger

244ru6x.jpg

I felt it's really a good combo to use.

Why? Sidekick gives a little shine and a complete full volume. While Gold Digger gives you the strength and holding power. Having the both best of the world!!

After a long day outside, I could easily adjust my hair as the strength still there.

Of course, such hairstyle, i would finish with a dash of Powerpoint hairspray. Which further enhance my hairstyle'S holding power and flexibility.

Overall - WHAT YOU WAITING FOR? HOOT FIRST TALK LATER!!

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
haha you don't have permed hair, how to do this? LOL unless you have natural ang moh genes to have such hair structure. if not you will never be able to do this. unless you curl your hair using tongs everytime you style lor but it can only last the day.

fine as it little hair or stands are fine and thin?

for my case, i have alot of hair but each strands are fine and thin.
This is where pre-styling spray such as side kick or any sea salt spray comes into place.
They help to make your overall hair looks thicker with more volume.
After which, a small amount of wax will do the job.

as for the above style, if you perm your hair already, probably a small dab of wax is able to last the day, even without hairspray.

That one really need perm arh?
Mine ish fine strands with some minor curl lor, but still looks quite straight when styled

lol my bro is the exact opposite, thick/coarse and straight hair type
ie. those that can stand on its own without any wax.

Last edited:

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Mine ish fine strands with some minor curl lor, but still looks quite straight when styled

IMHO, I think yes and some volume in order to achieve the similar effect.

Your hair will collapse when styled after a while?

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
IMHO, I think yes and some volume in order to achieve the similar effect.

Your hair will collapse when styled after a while?

Ya
That time at the hair salon they used hairspray it lasted longer, but very stiff can't run my fingers thru my hair:(

master_audio

Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right place, but anyone knows where can buy the Bio-Secure products in Singapore? I checked Sasa Westgate but cannot find, check their website but it is in french :( .

Thanks in advance and appreciate for anyone helps.

[Edit] Oh and here is the linky of their website: Bio-Secure

xRenol

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Ya
That time at the hair salon they used hairspray it lasted longer, but very stiff can't run my fingers thru my hair:(

The hairspray helps to fix your hair style so very hard to restyle during the day.

You have to consider is that hairstyle in the picture really what you want.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Show us a pic of your hair? This kind best is no need hair spray. Just wax or even pre styling spray will do. It's supposed to look natural and having fixated spray makes it look unnatural which defeat the purpose in the first place

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Just wana give some comment on this new sidekick for anyone may wish to consider this.

*Do note that my hair is perm-ed last month. Without blowdry and without sidekick, just to illustrate how "less is my hair" :s13:
2w4h6vm.jpg

244ru6x.jpg

Why? Sidekick gives a little shine and a complete full volume. While Gold Digger gives you the strength and holding power. Having the both best of the world!!

After a long day outside, I could easily adjust my hair as the strength still there.

Of course, such hairstyle, i would finish with a dash of Powerpoint hairspray. Which further enhance my hairstyle'S holding power and flexibility.

yan dao spotted!!!!!

osirisx

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Show us a pic of your hair? This kind best is no need hair spray. Just wax or even pre styling spray will do. It's supposed to look natural and having fixated spray makes it look unnatural which defeat the purpose in the first place

Yea that's what I thought also, but can't achieve his wavy texture, maybe I'll show a pic on tues

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
A bro just now what's app me. Can what's app me again. I lost your contact. Sorry.

Anyway side kick review will be in later tonight!

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score

2w4h6vm.jpg

244ru6x.jpg

tumblr_ljn1e2luPz1qarjfpo1_500.gif

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Finally back home and ready to share my views on the all new By Vilain Side-Kick.

First off why is it called the side kick?!
Side kick to a superhero?
Ahh! The superhero refers to main wax that you use to style your hair.
Pre-styling spray or products are used prior the use of hair wax/styling product.
Pre-styling such as sea-salt, mousse, volumising gel or what not are used side by side with hair styling products to create the perfect hairstyle.
Therefore its call the side-kick. Like Robin is to Batman lol.

First impression
Smells musky, the by vilain standard. Doesn't smell that bad or too sweet (we are all men! Duh, musky is the way to go!)
Neon green liquid - something different? not sure about that. OS Fashion sea salt spray is orange though. We might see purple or yellow coming in soon lol

Got my hair cut today and got my hair stylist purple to try it on me.
The usual what no, using the round hair brush to create the curl for my new hair style.
After blowing dry, the texture is very similar to a combination of sea salt spray and the big sexy hair volumising gel. Volume is there, hold is there yet not tooo dry. Added heat-protection for my hair from the hair dryer heat and heating tools!
Pre-styling is all about getting the shape of the hair style you want first before finalising with wax and hair fixating hair spray.
Pre-styling makes styling with wax so much easier.
Especially for us Asian hair which is usually flat, limp and lifeless.
The side-kick really kicks in the amount of volume and hold in my hair.
Finishing of with the gold digger. I am all done and ready to roll.
No fixating hair spray needed for me at the moment. (Maybe when my hair grows longer and needed the extra hold)
*psst* the side-kick triple up as a finalising spray! try spraying it a litte of side-kick over your final hair do and see the magic happen.

Final product (Sidekick and Gold digger)
lol the hair abit too high. i think angle.
IMG_20141005_211914_zps3274f670.jpg

this is so lol-ed so high!
IMG_20141005_211932_zps90f6fcb6.jpg

Last edited:

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
Finally back home and ready to share my views on the all new By Vilain Side-Kick.

First off why is it called the side kick?!
Side kick to a superhero?
Ahh! The superhero refers to main wax that you use to style your hair.
Pre-styling spray or products are used prior the use of hair wax/styling product.
Pre-styling such as sea-salt, mousse, volumising gel or what not are used side by side with hair styling products to create the perfect hairstyle.
Therefore its call the side-kick. Like Robin is to Batman lol.

First impression
Smells musky, the by vilain standard. Doesn't smell that bad or too sweet (we are all men! Duh, musky is the way to go!)
Neon green liquid - something different? not sure about that. OS Fashion sea salt spray is orange though. We might see purple or yellow coming in soon lol

Got my hair cut today and got my hair stylist purple to try it on me.
The usual what no, using the round hair brush to create the curl for my new hair style.
After blowing dry, the texture is very similar to a combination of sea salt spray and the big sexy hair volumising gel. Volume is there, hold is there yet not tooo dry. Added heat-protection for my hair from the hair dryer heat and heating tools!
Pre-styling is all about getting the shape of the hair style you want first before finalising with wax and hair fixating hair spray.
Pre-styling makes styling with wax so much easier.
Especially for us Asian hair which is usually flat, limp and lifeless.
The side-kick really kicks in the amount of volume and hold in my hair.
Finishing of with the gold digger. I am all done and ready to roll.
No fixating hair spray needed for me at the moment. (Maybe when my hair grows longer and needed the extra hold)
*psst* the side-kick triple up as a finalising spray! try spraying it a litte of side-kick over your final hair do and see the magic happen.

Final product (Sidekick and Gold digger)
lol the hair abit too high. i think angle.
IMG_20141005_211914_zps3274f670.jpg

this is so lol-ed so high!
IMG_20141005_211932_zps90f6fcb6.jpg

HYAAAAAAAAA SIDEKICK WATAAAAAAAA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.