The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey guys..wanna know what hair dye brand is good for diy for mens? I wanna get like a natural brown colour(currently black hair).

Would be great if u guys can recommend the brand and colour.
Thanks!!

I tried Henna's Natural, Liese and other smaller brands before. I must say that brown is a safe colour. The bigger question is on which tone are you going for. Personally, I feel that off-the-shelf hair dyes are too generic as there are not much variation across them, such as chestnut brown. Its inevitable as they have to take into account economies of scale and cannot mass produce so many colours. Which is why salons charge more expensive to get it done and the way that they're doing it is to buy tube dyes and mix them up on their own to obtain the colour that you want.

Anyway, for sharing purposes. Recently, i got my hair dye and cut job done @ De Hair Studio Seletar mall. Stylist name is Lev. She is quite meticulous and got the fade @ the sides done nicely. Recommended by her is the ash brown. Might not be as obvious as shown in the picture, due to the lighting and such. The best part is it costs only $49 for the colouring part. Even neighbourhood salons are charging $40+ for it too. I believe this can be a decent consideration for those, who are considering to get their hair coloured. :)

DeHairStudio-Side-View-2.jpg

DeHairStudio-Side-View.jpg

Bertrand Traore

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any recommended hair stylists/salons for males in sg?

Preferably no need to book since i need to get it done tmr

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Few weeks back? No status, they sent me a unusable tracking number

i got a useable one now.
but they used a cheaper option now.
DHL global mail then pass over to Singpost to deliver.
i think this week should get already.

bangkibong

Reaction score
anyone tried Morris Motley Treatment Styling Balm before?

better than bb90 ?

Been using Morris Motley for 1 week. The holding power is pretty weak compared to Gold Digger which I have been using. Probably not strong enough to hold slickback style for whole day.

But considering it has treatment capability, I am not complaining much tho, you just need to finish with other products if you want and hairspray.

What I like is the smell though, and it really is not sticky at all. ALmost feels like you are not using anything on your hair which is great if you want to achieve natural style. "Never greasy" as advertised is indeed correct.

I am also surprised that when I finish with hairspray, my hair won't be as hard as usual so it feels more natural.

Verdict: If this is just a normal wax, I probably won't buy it again considering the high price and the weak holding power. But since it has treatment ingredients for hair and scalp, I would see how it works for my sensitive scalp. If it works, I will definitely buy it again.

Another note, the balm does indeed make my hair look healthy with natural texture.

Now it may works differently for your hair, this is just my short review from my usage.

zhane

Master Member
Reaction score
Been using Morris Motley for 1 week. The holding power is pretty weak compared to Gold Digger which I have been using. Probably not strong enough to hold slickback style for whole day.

But considering it has treatment capability, I am not complaining much tho, you just need to finish with other products if you want and hairspray.

What I like is the smell though, and it really is not sticky at all. ALmost feels like you are not using anything on your hair which is great if you want to achieve natural style. "Never greasy" as advertised is indeed correct.

I am also surprised that when I finish with hairspray, my hair won't be as hard as usual so it feels more natural.

Verdict: If this is just a normal wax, I probably won't buy it again considering the high price and the weak holding power. But since it has treatment ingredients for hair and scalp, I would see how it works for my sensitive scalp. If it works, I will definitely buy it again.

Another note, the balm does indeed make my hair look healthy with natural texture.

Now it may works differently for your hair, this is just my short review from my usage.

wah sianzz

bangkibong

Reaction score
i have used it.
it pretty good.
try using it for prestyle and style.
quite solid

True, as prestyle it is quite good. But I guess most of us were expecting stronger hold since it was advertised as Firm and pliable hold that lasts all day.

I have learned from using so many hair products which were advertised as having strong hold by angmohs usually cannot apply to coarse asian hair, at least not for me. Angmoh's hair and weather are just too different from us which make their hair to be softer and easier to style.

To be fair I was half expecting the holding power not to be as strong as expected when I ordered. I guess I has been spoilt by the holding power or GD and SF for a while now:s13:

Once again, don't take my review and experience as a negative review as I also found plenty of pros from this products.

If you know your hair products and know how to mix them, you will find this balm to be great. It gives a very good and healthy texture. And it is also healthy, how often you find hair styling products that actually treats your hair as well?

For my daily use, I personally use Sidekick first, then use the balm and finished with a bit of spray. Good for a day except on windy day. You still can use your hand to fix your hair day as it remains pliable.

Last edited:

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
True, as prestyle it is quite good. But I guess most of us were expecting stronger hold since it was advertised as Firm and pliable hold that lasts all day.

I have learned from using so many hair products which were advertised as having strong hold by angmohs usually cannot apply to coarse asian hair, at least not for me. Angmoh's hair and weather are just too different from us which make their hair to be softer and easier to style.

To be fair I was half expecting the holding power not to be as strong as expected when I ordered. I guess I has been spoilt by the holding power or GD and SF for a while now:s13:

Once again, don't take my review and experience as a negative review as I also found plenty of pros from this products.

If you know your hair products and know how to mix them, you will find this balm to be great. It gives a very good and healthy texture. And it is also healthy, how often you find hair styling products that actually treats your hair as well?

For my daily use, I personally use Sidekick first, then use the balm and finished with a bit of spray. Good for a day except on windy day. You still can use your hand to fix your hair day as it remains pliable.

use the balm as pre style and styling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.