The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj_flame

Reaction score
A review of Bold Make Clay by Powerpoint:

- strong all day hold when paired with sea salt spray and a light dusting of hair spray.
- Baxter's Clay is the most alike product, however Bold Make Clay doesn't smell as good, but is slightly lighter in weight and hence easier to apply through hair.
- similarly like Baxter's Clay, Bold Make imparts a very mild satin shine that fades away after 3-4 hours.
- Unlike Baxter's, Bold Make hardens up slightly, and noticeably drier and less oily. which means Baxter's gives a more touchable, natural feel but because of this I had to re-apply Baxter's at least once throughout a 12 hour workday (yes I work like a indentured slave on Mon to Thurs, sometimes Fri); Bold Make did not need any re-application.

Overall, I would rank Bold Make above Baxter for daily use, but Baxter performs better if you want something more formal on a special occasion as it's easier to use a comb with its oilier content.

Hope that helps. Would recommend it to anyone for a daily reliable clay to get that dry natural look. Please order from Jun Hong of The Pretty Jerk because his customer service is top-notch.

EBL Taste Clay review in the works, stay tuned.

Last edited:

whysoliddat

Arch-Supremacy Member
Reaction score

- strong all day hold when paired with sea salt spray and a light dusting of hair spray.
- Baxter's Clay is the most alike product, however Bold Make Clay doesn't smell as good, but is slightly lighter in weight and hence easier to apply through hair.
- similarly like Baxter's Clay, Bold Make imparts a very mild satin shine that fades away after 3-4 hours.
- Unlike Baxter's, Bold Make hardens up slightly, and noticeably drier and less oily. which means Baxter's gives a more touchable, natural feel but because of this I had to re-apply Baxter's at least once throughout a 12 hour workday (yes I work like a indentured slave on Mon to Thurs, sometimes Fri); Bold Make did not need any re-application.

Overall, I would rank Bold Make above Baxter for daily use, but Baxter performs better if you want something more formal on a special occasion as it's easier to use a comb with its oilier content.

Hope that helps. Would recommend it to anyone for a daily reliable clay to get that dry natural look. Please order from Jun Hong of The Pretty Jerk because his customer service is top-notch.

I felt like you reviewed this before?

Sent from Carl Sagan's secret spaceship using GAGT

dappergentleman

Reaction score

How does bold make compare to dc?

Sent from TGS using GAGT

dj_flame

Reaction score
How does bold make compare to dc?
It becomes a matter of personal preference. Both are excellent products.

Dynamite Clay is lighter and drier but with less hold - making it my choice for messier, more casual looks. However, it can still be used for more formal looks, but you have to apply more and use more hairspray.

Hence Dynamite Clay is still sits top on my list, since you can dress up or down with it. However, Bold Make is cheaper by approx. $6-7.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Got new stuff to intro me or not ah? Needa top up soon already lol. :o

styling_balm_a_grande.jpg

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Please provide FR. :s12::s12:

mPbtduJl.jpg

NJnvwqEl.jpg

Inside feel like warehouse/factory. Their schedule looks busy, two chairs, two hair stylists, two customers. Booked mine sometime in early Nov so no reviews on hair cutting experience until then. Going to try the shampoo/conditioner and the balm tmr for work. Damage A$90. Better be good. Tmr then post photo and review.

Sent from mobile using GAGT

Last edited:

dappergentleman

Reaction score

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
mPbtduJl.jpg

NJnvwqEl.jpg

Inside feel like warehouse/factory. Their schedule looks busy, two chairs, two hair stylists, two customers. Booked mine sometime in early Nov so no reviews on hair cutting experience until then. Going to try the shampoo/conditioner and the balm tmr for work. Damage A$90. Better be good. Tmr then post photo and review.

love the industrial interior design. my house gonna look like that. haha similar without the barber tools :s22::s13:

Red_Cheesepie

Master Member
Reaction score
Anyway, just now when the lady at Morris Motley told me how much cleansing oil to use, I tot the oil sibei power use 20 cents worth each time can liao. Then I realized is not SG 20 cent, is aud 20 cent which is bigger than our 50 cent 0.o Jialat like that will very fast finish. Quite ex haha

netzach

High Supremacy Member
Reaction score
test and proven by my 1st tier hairstylist, deatheorist.

he said this balm is a gift from heaven by god and a saviour for all mankind;););)

Deejay guy says good means good. :o
You upgraded to Tier 1+ now? ;)

faded11

Reaction score
What's the difference between Pomade and Clay?

Never use before Pomade so want to try.

Any particular brand to recommend =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.