The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27-10-2015, 09:47 AM   #3271
Great Supremacy Member

Today use Lockhart matte Clay again.
This time use half of what I use ytd.
Barely any hold, this time is really feel like med hold. Still have slight sheen. Same look thought. Nothing near matte.
I think bb60 might have more hold as its slightly heavier with a creamier waxy hold. Lockhart more paste like thought.
I still give it to Baxter. Haha
But I will still use Lockhart from time to time.

Anyone wants a sample can pm me. Self collect or postage at $2.
Old 27-10-2015, 11:22 AM   #3272

Today use Lockhart matte Clay again.
This time use half of what I use ytd.
Barely any hold, this time is really feel like med hold. Still have slight sheen. Same look thought. Nothing near matte.
I think bb60 might have more hold as its slightly heavier with a creamier waxy hold. Lockhart more paste like thought.
I still give it to Baxter. Haha
But I will still use Lockhart from time to time.

Anyone wants a sample can pm me. Self collect or postage at $2.
This is why I take all of James' reviews with a pinch of salt. Different climate and more importantly, different hair goals.
Old 27-10-2015, 11:40 AM   #3273
Supremacy Member

When i use Lockhart clay, at first it's okay, then flop quite fast. Then use hand to comb, all messy liao. Then use my fork comb atleast a bit better but the hold is really not there. Cannot handle my natural parting. Many cos i used too little? Alot of tug and pull, my hair becomes utterly dry instead.

But to me baxter at least fares better in a sense that baxter has lesser stray hairs and managed to follow the natural wave of my hair. But lockhart clay lacks that something. I duno what. Maybe it's really formulated well only for angmoh climate.

And that's why i say it has that pomade feeling of being a little waxy and shampoos off like an oil based light hold pomade...

What would be a good product that's in-between 90proof and baxter's?
Old 27-10-2015, 12:13 PM   #3274
Supremacy Member

Old 27-10-2015, 12:16 PM   #3275
Supremacy Member

Fugging power sia Deejay!
You still cut and style with the IVERSON dude?
it's true, i am the scissors.

Old 27-10-2015, 12:25 PM   #3276
Supremacy Member

Thanks for the recommendation! Will be my next purchase.
Old 27-10-2015, 12:41 PM   #3277
Master Member

keeping poisoning ppl in this thread only! haha good stuff
Old 27-10-2015, 01:26 PM   #3278
Great Supremacy Member

In terms of what?
90 proof and Clay pomade are very different products
Old 27-10-2015, 02:05 PM   #3279
Supremacy Member

In terms of what?
90 proof and Clay pomade are very different products
That's why in between lor. An aggregate of the two extremes of you will.

Old 27-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #3280

^ One is a sticky cream-wax-putty hybrid and gives a slicked down look. The other is a dry-ish clay and produces a textured finish.

Both would be considered heavier in weight and each has a varying degree of shine - Blind Barber's 90 Proof has a medium-light shine that dies down slowly over the day, Baxter's has a hint of shine that turns matte as the day goes on.

If you wanted an aggregate, good old trusty Gold Digger or Sliver Fox is a actually pretty close bet - its heavy and sticky, has a touch of shine, and can give either a textured finish or a slicked down look if applied correctly.

Morris Motley is like a superior creamier, no oil version of Baxter with way less weight, way easier application, and a matte finish out and out.

Last edited by dj_flame; 27-10-2015 at 02:24 PM..
Old 27-10-2015, 02:21 PM   #3281
Great Supremacy Member

That's why in between lor. An aggregate of the two extremes of you will.
They are not of extreme ends. They are different products. Anything can go in between them but hey morris motley is a good start.
In between is when you're talking about Lockhart Clay and Baxter Clay, you got things like Dynamite Clay, ebl Clay and what not.
Old 27-10-2015, 02:24 PM   #3282
Great Supremacy Member

^ One is a sticky cream-wax-putty hybrid and gives a slicked down look. The other is a dry-ish clay and produces a textured finish.

Both would be considered heavier in weight and each has a varying degree of shine - Blind Barber's 90 Proof has a medium-light shine that dies down slowly over the day, Baxter's has a hint of shine that turns matte as the day goes on.

If you wanted an aggregate, good old trusty Gold Digger or Sliver Fox is a actually pretty close bet - its heavy and sticky, has a touch of shine, and can give either a textured finish or a slicked down look if applied correctly.
Bb90 true, slight shine but then matte thru the day due to its fiber like hold.
Baxter on the other hand as far as I can rmb stays a nice sheen thru out the day but gets slightly oily as the end of the day.
When it's oily, it shines Haha.
Gold digger to me is natural shine. If you use the right amount, it could be matte, too much turns it into shiny.
Old 27-10-2015, 02:26 PM   #3283
Great Supremacy Member

Morris motley is not creamier but more paste like.
Dry soft paste.
Creamier would be bb90.
dj_flame likes this.
Old 27-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #3284
Supremacy Member

Morris Motley is like a superior creamier, no oil version of Baxter with way less weight, way easier application, and a matte finish out and out.
Thanks for your input and breakdown! That's actually what I had in mind when I posted the question. Just that I wasn't able to articulate it.

So MM is better than Baxter's clay pomade? Sounds like a winner..

Gold Digger and Sliverfox.. Are they lighter than clay pomade/heavier than bb90?

Old 27-10-2015, 02:38 PM   #3285
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks for your input and breakdown! That's actually what I had in mind when I posted the question. Just that I wasn't able to articulate it.

So MM is better than Baxter's clay pomade? Sounds like a winner..

Gold Digger and Sliverfox.. Are they lighter than clay pomade/heavier than bb90?
Yes
10 chars
darthsid11111 likes this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.