HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-11-2015, 11:19 PM   #3661
Arch-Supremacy Member

anyone got cheaper alternative for mm balm?
Tiger balm

gaoxing84 and sansanjikikut like this.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:26 PM   #3662
Master Member

I'd like to take back moi word on DE pomade. I was going to take a shower when I thought i could just 'break' the hold of the pomade and my hair would be in a frizzy mess (typical characteristics of a gel pomade), but instead this happened:

First pic is when try to break the hold by using a comb and combing it backwards. Surprisingly my hair still holds! It just became pliable and i can just restyle my hair.

Second pic is when i try to finger comb it. Got a somewhat texture-ish look and it still holds! Cool mans.

From a water based, it breaks down to a lightweight sorta oil-based-feel pomade. And the shine appeared out from nowhere!

I duno if the 'new' types of gel pomades now behaves this way, or is this a unique trait of David Elliot pomade...
fingercomb and finger ur flash
Old 02-11-2015, 11:37 PM   #3663

those looking to hoot morris motley - 5% haha pm me.

got good lobang for discount and can do donation at the same time.
$52 ah? 10 chars
Old 02-11-2015, 11:41 PM   #3664
Great Supremacy Member

$52 ah? 10 chars
haha 55 - 5%. yea yea!
Old 02-11-2015, 11:46 PM   #3665
Great Supremacy Member

anyone got cheaper alternative for mm balm?
THERE IS NO ALTERNATIVE! hahaha
Old 02-11-2015, 11:47 PM   #3666

[QUOTE=whysoliddat;97704377]I'd like to take back moi word on DE pomade. I was going to take a shower when I thought i could just 'break' the hold of the pomade and my hair would be in a frizzy mess (typical characteristics of a gel pomade), but instead this happened:

First pic is when try to break the hold by using a comb and combing it backwards. Surprisingly my hair still holds! It just became pliable and i can just restyle my hair.

Second pic is when i try to finger comb it. Got a somewhat texture-ish look and it still holds! Cool mans.

From a water based, it breaks down to a lightweight sorta oil-based-feel pomade. And the shine appeared out from nowhere!

I duno if the 'new' types of gel pomades now behaves this way, or is this a unique trait of David Elliot pomade...

Old 02-11-2015, 11:54 PM   #3667
Arch-Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=dappergentleman;97705686]Hi rudolf

Old 03-11-2015, 12:00 AM   #3668
High Supremacy Member

Waiting for blumaan to make a product with shine

I really like shiny stuff
Old 03-11-2015, 12:19 AM   #3669

Wonder if anyone has issues with their hairstyle losing it shape/dropping as the day goes by? I've used several kinds of pomade (JS Sloane Heavyweight, Hairbond Shaper, Hanz De Fuko Modify Pomade, Cool Grease Concrete Pomade, Daimon Clay Pomade) but the only one that holds the style in place is Imperial Gel Pomade. Don't like the fact that it doesn't give me the volume I want though.

Any advice?
Old 03-11-2015, 12:22 AM   #3670

stir must have a special skillset.

comes with experience. hahahaha

anyway back to hair.

anyone gian the lockhart clay pomade? lolol.
anyone gian the baxter hard water pomade?
anyone gian the crystal lake?

once i am done with them, someone can take if off my hands for reviewing?

too many products, too little time and too lousy hair.
Must review ah?? I want try the Crystal Lake, heard good things about it. It's Shear Revival right?
Old 03-11-2015, 12:23 AM   #3671

Wonder if anyone has issues with their hairstyle losing it shape/dropping as the day goes by? I've used several kinds of pomade (JS Sloane Heavyweight, Hairbond Shaper, Hanz De Fuko Modify Pomade, Cool Grease Concrete Pomade, Daimon Clay Pomade) but the only one that holds the style in place is Imperial Gel Pomade. Don't like the fact that it doesn't give me the volume I want though.

Any advice?
If you have problems with volume then use sss before you style with pomade?
Old 03-11-2015, 01:30 AM   #3672
Great Supremacy Member

Must review ah?? I want try the Crystal Lake, heard good things about it. It's Shear Revival right?
ya. no review then i give for what. lol
Old 03-11-2015, 01:30 AM   #3673
Great Supremacy Member

Any advice?
no SSS no talk leh bro
Old 03-11-2015, 07:10 AM   #3674
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any advice?
Obviously there's a difference between water based (gel) pomade and oil based pomade, ESP in sg. Given this hot climate, oil based would melt throughout the day thus making your hair flop. If you wana use water based (gel) pomade, i suggest u blowdry your hair with salt spray and use minimal amount of the water based (gel) pomade, since according to you, it will give you the most hold (cos it hardens up).

One thing, no point using pre styler with water based pomade as well as both roughly contain the same ingredients.

Old 03-11-2015, 07:12 AM   #3675
Arch-Supremacy Member

I dont think crystal lake would work out that great in sg, unless you're a seasoned pomade user.

Oh and one more thing, DO NOT store crystal lake too long (6mnths) plus, and then still use it. It has a very very very short expiry date since it's a water based but got no preservatives to make it bacteria-free for that long...

Last edited by whysoliddat; 03-11-2015 at 07:30 AM..
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.