Supremacy Member

My haircut $78 bugs, friendship price from IVERSON dude
I shoot ur kkj ar
Old 07-11-2015, 11:00 AM   #3977
High Supremacy Member

my hair too stubborn liao..

i tend to sweat then the wax after awhile damn oily feel
Old 07-11-2015, 11:59 AM   #3978

I feel that with that service , professional tips, experience, worth more than A$100.
Hey Red Cheesepie, can you write a short paragraph on how the whole experience at Morris Motley was like? Did Rob personally cut your hair? Did you go on a discourse with him about the difficulties in styling asian hair, especially in our humid climates?

I've decided not to cut my hair in Melbourne, but would definitely love to hear from Rob since I don't ever see asian haircuts on his IG.

Thanks mate.

P.S Please show us pictures of your sexy new hair
Old 07-11-2015, 12:19 PM   #3979
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hey Red Cheesepie, can you write a short paragraph on how the whole experience at Morris Motley was like? Did Rob personally cut your hair? Did you go on a discourse with him about the difficulties in styling asian hair, especially in our humid climates?

I've decided not to cut my hair in Melbourne, but would definitely love to hear from Rob since I don't ever see asian haircuts on his IG.

Thanks mate.

Old 07-11-2015, 01:24 PM   #3980
Master Member

Thanks mate.

Here we go. Appt time 7.45pm, arrived at 7.45pm and waited for a 5-10 mins before serving me. Was offered beer while waiting for my turn. At any one point in time, only two customers can have their hair cut, so got to wait for one to finish before I get served. Once seated, the hairstylist (James i believe) assigned to me started introducing and asking what hairstyle I wish to achieve. Then he proceed to look at my hair, ask some questions like 1. when I last cut 2. where? 3. What i normally do to my hair, etc. Basically to understand more about my expectation and also to see what can be done to the current hair length. Then he explained to me what he is going to do and why (like my slightly round face shape and the already disconnected hair). Then proceed to wash and massage hair with treatment oil Then cut liao. While cutting, got chit chat, blast music, drink beer and rob going around to take video for this periscope. Anyway, rob didnt cut my hair. He was busy making the balm and oil at the back of the studio. After first round of cutting, then go wash hair again, blow dry and cut again but the finer cuts. Then he start to style my hair using the balm then do final check again, clean up and done!

Anyway i think you can choose which stylist you want when you making your appointment with them. I didnt choose, fine with anyone. I think who you choose will affect when your appt will be. Got a guy who was there earlier than me but got to wait much longer as he specify ryan to cut his hair.

We didnt talk much about styling hair in singapore's climate, i only specify i want something that can be neat when at work and funky while going out, and i am happy with the results never take any close up photo of my hair ytd but will do once i style it on monday.
dj_flame likes this.

Last edited by Red_Cheesepie; 07-11-2015 at 01:31 PM..
Old 07-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #3981

We didnt talk much about styling hair in singapore's climate, i only specify i want something that can be neat when at work and funky while going out, and i am happy with the results never take any close up photo of my hair ytd but will do once i style it on monday.
Cool thanks!

I'm actually almost always picking apart my stylist's brain on what hair trends are up and what challenges people face with styling hair - I like to believe that if you do hair for a living I would like to learn from you so I can somewhat replicate it at home. In fact the reason why i know more about hair than most is due to my chats while getting my hair done!

Haha thanks again for the brief breakdown of your time at MM.

Ok still taking orders for Morris Motley, let me know before the 19th as I'm flying off on the 20th.
Old 07-11-2015, 01:54 PM   #3982
Supremacy Member

Here we go. Appt time 7.45pm, arrived at 7.45pm and waited for a 5-10 mins before serving me. Was offered beer while waiting for my turn. At any one point in time, only two customers can have their hair cut, so got to wait for one to finish before I get served. Once seated, the hairstylist (James i believe) assigned to me started introducing and asking what hairstyle I wish to achieve. Then he proceed to look at my hair, ask some questions like 1. when I last cut 2. where? 3. What i normally do to my hair, etc. Basically to understand more about my expectation and also to see what can be done to the current hair length. Then he explained to me what he is going to do and why (like my slightly round face shape and the already disconnected hair). Then proceed to wash and massage hair with treatment oil Then cut liao. While cutting, got chit chat, blast music, drink beer and rob going around to take video for this periscope. Anyway, rob didnt cut my hair. He was busy making the balm and oil at the back of the studio. After first round of cutting, then go wash hair again, blow dry and cut again but the finer cuts. Then he start to style my hair using the balm then do final check again, clean up and done!

Anyway i think you can choose which stylist you want when you making your appointment with them. I didnt choose, fine with anyone. I think who you choose will affect when your appt will be. Got a guy who was there earlier than me but got to wait much longer as he specify ryan to cut his hair.

Style ur hair now and gpgt leh
Old 07-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #3983
Arch-Supremacy Member

Old 07-11-2015, 02:20 PM   #3984
Master Member

As requested, more life in hair and easier to create volume. Done with MM balm.

dj_flame likes this.
Old 07-11-2015, 03:53 PM   #3985
Great Supremacy Member

Hmm. Okok. I think purple can do the same Hahaha
$30. I think the experience is good though.
I think he can do magic with ang moh hair but not Asian.
But this cut definitely better than your previous hair.
That one beng kia leh
Old 07-11-2015, 04:11 PM   #3986
Master Member

Hmm. Okok. I think purple can do the same Hahaha
$30. I think the experience is good though.
I think he can do magic with ang moh hair but not Asian.
But this cut definitely better than your previous hair.
That one beng kia leh
I also think this cut is better than any of my other cuts. Like smoother. I think need thicker, stronger hair, and denser hair.

Got time I try the other hairstyle he did for me ytd, but I don't know how to recreate the same as ytd night, got to trial and error. Haha

Last edited by Red_Cheesepie; 07-11-2015 at 04:19 PM..
Old 07-11-2015, 04:59 PM   #3987
Great Supremacy Member

I also think this cut is better than any of my other cuts. Like smoother. I think need thicker, stronger hair, and denser hair.

Got time I try the other hairstyle he did for me ytd, but I don't know how to recreate the same as ytd night, got to trial and error. Haha
Why you no take pic? Wah Lao. Disappointed leh
Old 07-11-2015, 05:02 PM   #3988
Master Member

Why you no take pic? Wah Lao. Disappointed leh
Got la, group photo nia. As i am more concern about meeting the group and able to cut at their place. No close-up haha. What I really really love is how their cut my sides, like smooth flow, love it haha

Last edited by Red_Cheesepie; 07-11-2015 at 05:04 PM..
Old 07-11-2015, 05:45 PM   #3989
nez
Supremacy Member

Got la, group photo nia. As i am more concern about meeting the group and able to cut at their place. No close-up haha. What I really really love is how their cut my sides, like smooth flow, love it haha
I agree the sides are done well considering asian hair likes to stick out.

I always request to use scissors for the sides.
Old 07-11-2015, 05:49 PM   #3990
Great Supremacy Member

Never post group photo Haha sexposed
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.