HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2015, 11:48 PM   #4666
Supremacy Member

Just wondering what is your answer to your hairdresser each time u were asked if u want cut slope, since u were a kid? Lol
haha, i didn't know the difference up till now, so when i get asked this question, i usually say no. i remember when i was a kid (pri sch), i did have a slope cut at the back but couldn't tell the diff.

high slope = google for taper haircut

normal slope = a less steep taper lor

btw fade = a SUPER steep taper.

if not slope/taper/fade = everything else lor...

mus rmb if u google u mus use angmoh terms... sinkie/msia hairstylist terms usually different one.
haha, tks death....so slope == taper.

the google images you linked above seems very diff from the type I had in mind.

see these images below:

This type (the huge volume at the back) is not considered slope right?
Is there a term for this sort of cut for the back? I'm trying to achieve this on the back of my head. Not sure how they get the thick puffy volume in there. Is it because their hair is naturally thick? Even in SG, I've seen a few guys and some ladies with this sort of very thick back hairstyle.

Tks!
Old 02-12-2015, 01:02 AM   #4667
Master Member

haha, i didn't know the difference up till now, so when i get asked this question, i usually say no. i remember when i was a kid (pri sch), i did have a slope cut at the back but couldn't tell the diff.

haha, tks death....so slope == taper.

the google images you linked above seems very diff from the type I had in mind.

see these images below:

This type (the huge volume at the back) is not considered slope right?
Is there a term for this sort of cut for the back? I'm trying to achieve this on the back of my head. Not sure how they get the thick puffy volume in there. Is it because their hair is naturally thick? Even in SG, I've seen a few guys and some ladies with this sort of very thick back hairstyle.

Tks!
layer. the last pic looks like theres a slope underneath. i think they called it an A Line bob.... lemme go check
Old 02-12-2015, 01:04 AM   #4668
Master Member

layer. the last pic looks like theres a slope underneath. i think they called it an A Line bob.... lemme go check

like this?
Old 02-12-2015, 08:26 AM   #4669
Supremacy Member

What about those 2liter bottle korean brand of olive shampoo? I see quite cheap leh. Dono good anot
Olive oil is a natural ingredient which is well known for 2 points. Enhancing shine and taming frizzy hair. It is able to tame frizzy hair due to its moisturizing properties and able to enhance shine as it "applies" a outer coat onto the hair - result? A healthier and shinier hair. However, such treatment can be messy as it can stain your clothes etc. As always, there are always alternate solutions and one of such is leave-in conditioner. For people interested to find out more abt IV-III instant treatment that i just brought in, pls see below link.

IV-III Instant Treatment Conditioner

So now to answer your question, i may not have used this product before but if its me, i would reconsider as it is usually marketing gimmick (ie olive shampoo). For us to derive benefits from olive oil or other natural ingredients, these are usually in the form of high quality and low frequency (do not have to use daily for sure). For instance, honey is good but if you take the most common type of honey - clover honey and compare to manuka honey, the effectiveness of both are significantly different tho both are honeys.

So, IMO, you will be better off using a shampoo and olive oil treatment separately.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:46 AM   #4670

do you use their thickening conditioner daily as well?
Nope. Anyways I can't use conditioner daily lol, but my hair looks awesome the morning after whenever I condition at night.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:53 AM   #4671

Hi all,

Just wondering, when hairdressers say things like "do you want a slope haircut for the back of the head", what does "slope" term means? I've been hearing this term since I was a kid with no idea what it really means.

I tried googling for images of "slope hairstyles for back of head" but get all kinds of different weird images

How does "slope" differ from the usual cuts for the back of the head? Would appreciate if someone can show some images.

Tks!
Dude. Just use a picture and ask the hairstylist to follow it. If prodded, just tell them to follow the picture.

The correct term is taper, but local stylists usually don't have that word in their vocabulary.

I use the term "blended" or "连接 (Lianjie)" - that indicates I prefer less undercut and more continuous flow from the longer top hairs to the bottom. Especially "连接", most of the chinese-speaking stylists understand immediately what I meant.
sansanjikikut likes this.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #4672
Master Member

Dude. Just use a picture and ask the hairstylist to follow it. If prodded, just tell them to follow the picture.

The correct term is taper, but local stylists usually don't have that word in their vocabulary.

I use the term "blended" or "连接 (Lianjie)" - that indicates I prefer less undercut and more continuous flow from the longer top hairs to the bottom. Especially "连接", most of the chinese-speaking stylists understand immediately what I meant.
i dont think its any more a "correct term". they probably learn to call it that in local salon schools. perhaps "american term" would be more correct. or "western term".

as i explained before... undercut also means different things to the local stylists as compared to what the youtubers like to call it. the last bob picture (the one that i said has a slope inside) would be very legitimately called an undercut by locally trained stylists.

in the end, best is show picture. if dun wan show picture, better explain the terms you are using to the stylist to avoid major disappointments.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:49 AM   #4673
Master Member

Nope. Anyways I can't use conditioner daily lol, but my hair looks awesome the morning after whenever I condition at night.
what conditioner you use for night? SIC leh
Old 02-12-2015, 10:52 AM   #4674

what conditioner you use for night? SIC leh
Either some conditioner I grabbed from my mom:
http://www.nisimhair.com/product_det...t=624152102414

or this:

Old 02-12-2015, 11:01 AM   #4675
Master Member

Either some conditioner I grabbed from my mom:
http://www.nisimhair.com/product_det...t=624152102414

or this:

o.... she buy from salon one ar? looks like that kind sia
Old 02-12-2015, 11:27 AM   #4676
Master Member

Anyone try the ebl taste before? Like value only sia~~~

Old 02-12-2015, 11:37 AM   #4677

Still in melb? Or Sydney?

Kinda digging my holiday hair..

Old 02-12-2015, 11:50 AM   #4678
Master Member

[QUOTE=dappergentleman;98350133]Still in melb? Or Sydney?

Old 02-12-2015, 12:18 PM   #4679

o.... she buy from salon one ar? looks like that kind sia
Online I think. Its nothing special but it gets the job done. Main thing is that its free.

Not bad. Softer than dynamite clay, hold almost as good. Easy to wash out. Its like the Camry to Dynamite Clay's Lexus.

Still in melb? Or Sydney?

Lol back in Singapore dude.

Your hair looks Taiwan/HK college kid.
Old 02-12-2015, 01:49 PM   #4680
Supremacy Member

My post on EBL Taste previously.

Sorry for just quoting my previous post.

http://forums.hardwarezone.com.sg/93...-post9725.html

I personally feel that E.B.L Taste Matt Finish Hair Clay gives only a slight lift only. The product is not easy to use and requires one to rub your palms till warm to apply easily.
dj_flame and deaththeorist like this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.