The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
Black Label Products

Anyone tried Black Label Products yet? Not so heard of at the moment but been hearing good stuff about them. They have a Shape Paste (Firm Hold Matte Finish) and a Craft Clay (Strong Hold Matte Finish)

At the moment I only know of 2 retailers in SG. cherry&bear from Shopee and undercut.com.sg

GX bro? Your area of expertise liao haha

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone tried Black Label Products yet? Not so heard of at the moment but been hearing good stuff about them. They have a Shape Paste (Firm Hold Matte Finish) and a Craft Clay (Strong Hold Matte Finish)

At the moment I only know of 2 retailers in SG. cherry&bear from Shopee and undercut.com.sg

GX bro? Your area of expertise liao haha

i heard it was crappy.

black label, i approach them and now they reply me, took them 1 year, i not interested already. LOL

nichsong

Reaction score
Wah serious ah. Here I was thinking it could be another decent brand. Haven't seen anybody from SG review it yet though.. or maybe I missed it.

i heard it was crappy.

black label, i approach them and now they reply me, took them 1 year, i not interested already. LOL

dj_flame

Reaction score
Big red flag when a brand is an email black-hole - pretty much means they are shoddily run.

Their website also has a very generic "hairstyling blog" ripoff. #cringe.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Wah serious ah. Here I was thinking it could be another decent brand. Haven't seen anybody from SG review it yet though.. or maybe I missed it.

pretty generic leh.

anyway, by vilain got new pomade.

powermade. but looks kinda crappy. lol

they are better off with their waxes and clay.

following hype blindly.

nichsong

Reaction score
Honestly their products are pretty good la. Holds up very well in our weather. Alot of brands promise their products hold like cement, got premium or organic ingredients but end up kns in terms of performance. At the end of the day the primary function of a hair product - it has to hold our hairstyle through the day, and hold it well. Even more difficult for us, since our climate is so humid. So far By Vilain delivers that so no complaints so far haha.

But read about the bad experiences you've had while working with them tho

pretty generic leh.

anyway, by vilain got new pomade.

powermade. but looks kinda crappy. lol

they are better off with their waxes and clay.

following hype blindly.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Haha ya I do. They became really greedy and stuck up.

They forget who brought their damn brand up in sg. Lol. Dumb fks

Wathen

Reaction score
I haven't tried Toni & Guy's SSS before so I can't give you a fair comparison, but I've tried both OS and Ref 323 and personally find that its worth what I pay in terms of product performance. Maybe you could try out Toni & Guy first and see if it performs well as a pre styler. If not, you definitely know what your next choice/s should be :)

When you use OS/Ref sss, is the effect the same when you don't shower before using? Also the same question for blow drying. Reason is because my hair is already dropping so I don't blow dry even if there's the option of argen oil :s22:

nichsong

Reaction score
For the SSS to be achieve its maximum effectiveness in terms of providing hold and volume, yes your hair has to be damp (preferably towel dried) > spritz on the SSS > blow dried on hot setting. This is how majority of the users use it - as a pre-styler. The properties of the SSS + the heat from the hair dryer are what makes the product work best.

But it'll definitely still provide a certain amount of hold and texture if you just simply spray it onto your hair both when its damp or dry. Just not as much as as when used via the steps mentioned above.

What I could suggest is spraying it onto towel dried hair, then blow dry using the cool setting on your hair dryer. If it's the heat damage that you're afraid of, I guess this would be the next most viable option.

When you use OS/Ref sss, is the effect the same when you don't shower before using? Also the same question for blow drying. Reason is because my hair is already dropping so I don't blow dry even if there's the option of argen oil :s22:

dj_flame

Reaction score
My random musings on men's hair: Young Leo's hair looks really good, and unique. The right mix between long rock star hair and shaggy:

enhanced-buzz-15455-1352642459-3.jpg

I don't know if I have the face or head shape to pull this off though.

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
can anyone recommend something that is light with strong hold and doesn't weigh the hair down when I perspire?

Kusanagi

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
ya I have been searching for something that works in this humidity

but every time perspire is GG near end of day hair is damn flat

I have been using SSS on damp hair, blow dry then style, reach home always look like cock

nichsong

Reaction score
Sup guys, just received my order of Care for my cut daily shampoo from Junhong bro aka theprettyjerk. So along with it came a sample of the latest styling product that he brought in, Indians Extra Strong Molding Clay. Just used it for the first time today and gotta say that its pretty damn solid. So just gonna run a quick breakdown.

The clay itself is the dry type that you need to emulsify well before applying into your hair. During application, you can feel its hold instantaneously.. the holding power is tremendous, one of the strongest I've ever tried however it doesn't yank or pull out your hair which is a good thing. Despite its high holding power, the product doesn't cause your hair to feel sticky, in fact its really lightweight which allows your hair to move and settle naturally yet still holding your style. Kind of feels like a dry-like coating over my hair strands which keeps it in place.

Product has been holding up my style all day thus far (Ref 323 as prestyler; styled at 8+ am, time now is 7pm) Finishing wise, its a nice dry matte finish with lots of natural separation. Have yet to test out washability, but pretty much rinsed off my hands completely with just one round of hand soap.

All in all I find the product to be suitable for users who are looking for a natural looking, high volume kind of hairstyle which "moves and settles naturally". If you're one that prefers products to be stickier and which keeps your hair style completely locked in place, then it might not be the product for you. So far my experience has been great on the first use, gonna see how it performs during the next few uses!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.