The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

nichsong

Reaction score
On a side note, anyone saw Robin James' review of Original by Blumaan on youtube? He gave an honest review on the product - it wasn't a positive one. But I feel that it resonates with how some of us really feel bout it Original haha, and its good to see at least one youtuber who is honest and sticking to actually giving unbiased reviews of products.
There's another local reviewer, Jeffrey aka menshairicon that feels the same way about the product. Another honest reviewer.

That's not to say that Original is a lousy product or whatever. It probably just doesn't work as well for certain groups of people. (Noticed that its mostly people with fine hair) the point here is that its all marketing hype and biased reviews all over youtube now. Hard pressed to find reviewers that are honest and really give u what they think

Robin James' Review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9eoyjllzsM

Menshairicon Review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA9tjFbVoRw

Last edited:

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
Hi all,

See these pics:

2013-Korean-Hairstyle-for-guys.jpg

Four-Asian-Men-Hairstyles-10.jpg

What is the best product to achieve the swept-to-side front bangs with a bit of wet look to it?

The front part of my hair looks like this now:
yoseob-bowl.jpg

(it's all vertically straight down, can't sweep to side no matter what)

Tks!

Last edited:

tomomibaby

Reaction score
Hi all,

See these pics:

2013-Korean-Hairstyle-for-guys.jpg

Four-Asian-Men-Hairstyles-10.jpg

What is the best product to achieve the swept-to-side front bangs with a bit of wet look to it?

The front part of my hair looks like this now:
yoseob-bowl.jpg

(it's all vertically straight down, can't sweep to side no matter what)

Tks!

All this are achieve by korean perm and layered/textured haircut,if not u could try achieve it by using sea salt spray and scrunch it to create the curls when blowdrying unless u have hair iron at home but that would be very time consuming.After those try use a medium shine product without alot hold to give it a bouncy feel.Have you tried consult any proffessional b4 regarding getting a perm as it will be more time saving and a more accurate result.

Last edited:

xeonboy

Banned
Reaction score
All this are achieve by korean perm and layered/textured haircut,if not u could try achieve it by using sea salt spray and scrunch it to create the curls when blowdrying unless u have hair iron at home but that would be very time consuming.After those try use a medium shine product without alot hold to give it a bouncy feel.Have you tried consult any proffessional b4 regarding getting a perm as it will be more time saving and a more accurate result.

yup, tks a lot. i permed my hair, but left the front part un-permed currently. But most likely will perm whole head in future.

I can achieve this look when my hair is sweaty (e.g, after sports), but when in non-sweaty mode, I can't get the look. I guess the sweat helps to hold the hair in place. :s13:

Will golddigger work for this? i'm also looking for a way to tame my fake sideburns (i've no sideburns on my face, can't grow any, so hairdresser cut out the sideburns from the side bangs of the hair).

tomomibaby

Reaction score
yup, tks a lot. i permed my hair, but left the front part un-permed currently. But most likely will perm whole head in future.

I can achieve this look when my hair is sweaty (e.g, after sports), but when in non-sweaty mode, I can't get the look. I guess the sweat helps to hold the hair in place. :s13:

Will golddigger work for this? i'm also looking for a way to tame my fake sideburns (i've no sideburns on my face, can't grow any, so hairdresser cut out the sideburns from the side bangs of the hair).

well sweat maybe because of salt in the sweat?Have u tried styling ur hair with sea salt spray it usually help to create textures.
I think gold digger hold will be too strong for it maybe dynamite clay as it able u create textures and reasonable amount of hold not as insane as gold digger.
Any pics regarding the fake sideburns.
Do u mean your hair just sticking out when short if it so just dun cut it after its long it will lay down but it would take about few months. Your hairdresser just give a undercut for the sides?

tomomibaby

Reaction score
Guys,here my late review for carter supply flux.
Sorry for the late review was busy with my stuff.

Firstly i would like thank gaoxing for giving out the sample to try out.Here a short review,sorry for my bad English.

1st impression:
The product do not have smells which i find it okay.Texture of the product is somehow like clay but is not that thick easy to scoop out.

Application:
Easy to emulsify,easy to apply to hair.I find it quite hard to create a textured look compared to using a MM Chrome.What I like is that it have no shine and lightweight.
I find it that using as a pre-styler seems better as it give a better control and finish it with a stronger hold product.Usually I spray my hair with sea salt spray and apply a dime size of amount of flux and blow dry it till dried and finish it off with MM chrome.

Wash-ability:
Can be easily wash off by water.
Not advisable to use when raining days.

Hold:
It manage to hold for 6 hours plus but it cant tame flyways compared to MM chrome which have an insane hold which pretty much last whole day.

My verdict:
Would highly recommend gaoxing to bring in this product.

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^ wow. good write up! thanks for sharing! hope you enjoyed the flux as much as i do.

i will consider getting them in soon as i kinda like it too..

only problem that i faced so far is when flux touches water, it loses hold. so when it rains, cannot kena rain. however, washability will be an non-issue.

dj_flame

Reaction score
I find it that using as a pre-styler seems better as it give a better control and finish it with a stronger hold product.
I agree on this.

Behold, today's 90's boyband curtains - styled with a dash of sea salt and a dab of Carter Supply Flux. Hair has not been shampoo-ed for a day.

14Jun2016_zpsvwc31ful.jpg~original

Try using sea salt spray in damp hair and let it dry naturally, or blow on cold air. It should work better.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score

cut some layer on your fringe....

Firstly i would like thank gaoxing for giving out the sample to try out.Here a short review,sorry for my bad English.

1st impression:
The product do not have smells which i find it okay.Texture of the product is somehow like clay but is not that thick easy to scoop out.

Application:
Easy to emulsify,easy to apply to hair.I find it quite hard to create a textured look compared to using a MM Chrome.What I like is that it have no shine and lightweight.
I find it that using as a pre-styler seems better as it give a better control and finish it with a stronger hold product.Usually I spray my hair with sea salt spray and apply a dime size of amount of flux and blow dry it till dried and finish it off with MM chrome.

Wash-ability:

Hold:
It manage to hold for 6 hours plus but it cant tame flyways compared to MM chrome which have an insane hold which pretty much last whole day.

My verdict:

the hold seems weak....

dj_flame

Reaction score
the hold seems weak....
Correct, but works good for natural looks.

Like I mentioned before, don't really advise bringing this into Singapore, because the local consumer majority don't want this level of hold.

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
^ wow. good write up! thanks for sharing! hope you enjoyed the flux as much as i do.

i will consider getting them in soon as i kinda like it too..

only problem that i faced so far is when flux touches water, it loses hold. so when it rains, cannot kena rain. however, washability will be an non-issue.
MUST BE WASHABLE AND HAVE GOOD HOLD!!!!

Sent from LGE LG-H815 using GAGT

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score

1st impression:

Application:

Wash-ability:

Hold:

My verdict:
From what i understand from the write-up...

When u use flux plus chrome u get a much weaker hold as compared to using chrome alone?

Why would this ever be a plus point to u?

Sent from me using GAGT

deaththeorist

Master Member
Reaction score
I agree on this.

Behold, today's 90's boyband curtains - styled with a dash of sea salt and a dab of Carter Supply Flux. Hair has not been shampoo-ed for a day.

14Jun2016_zpsvwc31ful.jpg~original

Try using sea salt spray in damp hair and let it dry naturally, or blow on cold air. It should work better.
Mmmmm just needs to be well seasoned with a pinch of freshly ground black pepper~

What sea salt you using?

Sent from me using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Correct, but works good for natural looks.

Like I mentioned before, don't really advise bringing this into Singapore, because the local consumer majority don't want this level of hold.

lolol. that is true.

i think flux hold is not bad la. but people here want glue like hold. haha

will see. deciding

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.