Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-03-2016, 11:12 PM   #6376
High Supremacy Member

Watson got sell Baxter meh?

cherryboom likes this.
Old 27-03-2016, 05:24 PM   #6377
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, heard rave reviews for blumaan and so I bought a tub of blumaan from groomingsociety to try out. It took 2days to process and another 5days before I got it even though it was normal mail in sg. What the hell. But ok, There was a 10% discount on their site so I won't complain.

First impression was rather underwhelming. The tub was made of some cheap ass plastic with some lousy quality print pasted on the outside.

Upon opening, didn't really particularly like the smell. It smell of faintly Peppermint; Like those Peppermint chewing gum.

The wax didn't come with a sealant and there was cracks along the circumference of the wax presumably from moisture escaping from the tub due to the lack of a sealant. Can I clarify with the other bros if they face something similar for their blumaan.

Wax was difficult to dig out and was extremely dry. Was even drier than the gold digger. Rubbing it on the palms makes it even drier. Was pretty grippy as I brought my fingers through my hair when applying.

Has a pretty strong hold that I feel is even stronger than gold diggers. I also like that it is more matte than GD. Easy to restyle as well and not greasy when I run my fingers along.

Overall decent product in achieving my hair objectives but the application process quite unenjoyable. Personally I don't like the smell of it too. And for the price, I feel it's pretty hype and underwhelming.
Old 27-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #6378
Arch-Supremacy Member

Hi guys, heard rave reviews for blumaan and so I bought a tub of blumaan from groomingsociety to try out. It took 2days to process and another 5days before I got it even though it was normal mail in sg. What the hell. But ok, There was a 10% discount on their site so I won't complain.

First impression was rather underwhelming. The tub was made of some cheap ass plastic with some lousy quality print pasted on the outside.

Upon opening, didn't really particularly like the smell. It smell of faintly Peppermint; Like those Peppermint chewing gum.

The wax didn't come with a sealant and there was cracks along the circumference of the wax presumably from moisture escaping from the tub due to the lack of a sealant. Can I clarify with the other bros if they face something similar for their blumaan.

Wax was difficult to dig out and was extremely dry. Was even drier than the gold digger. Rubbing it on the palms makes it even drier. Was pretty grippy as I brought my fingers through my hair when applying.

Has a pretty strong hold that I feel is even stronger than gold diggers. I also like that it is more matte than GD. Easy to restyle as well and not greasy when I run my fingers along.

Overall decent product in achieving my hair objectives but the application process quite unenjoyable. Personally I don't like the smell of it too. And for the price, I feel it's pretty hype and underwhelming.
Mine was soft, smooth and easy to apply.

The scent is actually not that bad to me. Smells quite clean. It doesn't cling.

Old 27-03-2016, 05:53 PM   #6379
Arch-Supremacy Member

Mine was soft, smooth and easy to apply.

The scent is actually not that bad to me. Smells quite clean. It doesn't cling.
Did it come with a sealant? Cos I suspect my tub was dehydrated
Old 27-03-2016, 05:57 PM   #6380
Arch-Supremacy Member

Did it come with a sealant? Cos I suspect my tub was dehydrated
No sealant too

Old 27-03-2016, 06:38 PM   #6381
Great Supremacy Member

^ sealant issue already feedback to the BluMaan group.

As for hold, yes its pretty solid except the application = sticky.
kinda like gold digger.

it's more like a dry wax compared to gold digger.
Old 27-03-2016, 06:54 PM   #6382
Arch-Supremacy Member

^ sealant issue already feedback to the BluMaan group.

As for hold, yes its pretty solid except the application = sticky.
kinda like gold digger.

it's more like a dry wax compared to gold digger.
But mine not dry at all leh

Old 29-03-2016, 07:53 PM   #6383

Any recommendations for hairstyling product that has higher hold than suavecito (my current product) but similar in terms of washability.

Usual hairstyle is comb back with shaved sides. Find that suavecito doesn't hold enough and lies flat by mid day
Old 29-03-2016, 08:28 PM   #6384
Arch-Supremacy Member

Any recommendations for hairstyling product that has higher hold than suavecito (my current product) but similar in terms of washability.

Usual hairstyle is comb back with shaved sides. Find that suavecito doesn't hold enough and lies flat by mid day
Uppercut lor. Or slick devil. Or imperial.

Old 29-03-2016, 11:35 PM   #6385

Anyone know what is the 'Shipping & Handling' fee that slikhaarshop used for? Noticed its always 3% of the total price in USD.

It is definitely not the mastercard/visa currency conversion & admin fees, as I still get an additional charge for that once the transaction has been settled.

In total, I paid around $80.8x SGD as the final transaction amount.
The USD to SGD exchange rate at the point of transaction was 1 USD = 1.4158 SGD
Old 30-03-2016, 08:34 AM   #6386
Arch-Supremacy Member

Anyone know what is the 'Shipping & Handling' fee that slikhaarshop used for? Noticed its always 3% of the total price in USD.

It is definitely not the mastercard/visa currency conversion & admin fees, as I still get an additional charge for that once the transaction has been settled.

In total, I paid around $80.8x SGD as the final transaction amount.
The USD to SGD exchange rate at the point of transaction was 1 USD = 1.4158 SGD
Shipping & handling is...

Shipping plus handling lor...

Old 30-03-2016, 02:27 PM   #6387

Sauvecito is actually pretty ****ing strong. I don't think a new product is able to solve this problem.

Maybe blow dry wet hair thoroughly into dry hair first, and finish with a hairspray like Powerpoint? Blasting the roots of wet hair in the general direction you want the hair to lay, with hot air, should be beneficial.

You should also mention the problem to your hairstylist/barber next time. They probably know a thing or two about addressing this.

Posting a picture would help too. Sometimes hair needs to be long enough to lay back, otherwise it tends to fall to the sides.
Old 30-03-2016, 11:26 PM   #6388
Banned

any longhairs here? deaththeorist could come in give some advice

what is your routine and products u all use?
Old 31-03-2016, 12:01 AM   #6389
Arch-Supremacy Member

any shampoo to recommend?
don't really like to use conditioner too
Old 31-03-2016, 01:10 AM   #6390
Great Supremacy Member

any shampoo to recommend?
don't really like to use conditioner too
blind barber shampoo for cleansing or vogne shampoo as moisturiser.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.