LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-04-2016, 08:58 AM   #6616
Supremacy Member

gatby clay good or not?

is it difficult to wash away ?
No. And still No

Old 21-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #6617
Arch-Supremacy Member

Do not blame the tools. It depends on the skills of the user.

Once you have mastered the art of hairstyling, no matter what product u use also will produce your desired outcome.

You must have patience. And inner peace.

Walking down this road proves no easy feat. Only a few make it out, stylish.........

dj_flame likes this.
Old 21-04-2016, 01:04 PM   #6618

How much shine does Chrome provide?
Old 21-04-2016, 01:06 PM   #6619
Master Member

Only a few make it out, stylish.........
The rest get left out, foolish...........
Old 21-04-2016, 01:57 PM   #6620
Supremacy Member

Hi all,

One question for this typical kpop hairstyle.
See below vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyekWBfZAqM

Look at the guy with the red checkered long sleeve shirt and the ball-like blonde hair on the left.

Did he apply some sort of wax + spray on that hair, or is it naturally thick like this? When he turns his head, the hair doesn't move a bit.....the whole thing looks like a wig. Is it, or is it not?

I've seen a couple of guys here in SG (PRCs, to be exact) with similar hairstyle and when the wind blows (huge winds), it doesn't move at all.

If the hairstyle is short like those combback or crew cut and wind blows and it doesn't move, I can understand, but this type of long one? It defies logic.

Can someone explain or analyze?

Last edited by xeonboy; 21-04-2016 at 01:59 PM..
Old 21-04-2016, 02:04 PM   #6621
Supremacy Member

Do you guys use heat and hair product to style your hair at least 5x/week? I think I lose a lot of hair doing that man.. Every morning lose ~20 strands of hair. I didnt go count them of course, just an estimation from looking at the floor.
xeonboy likes this.
Old 21-04-2016, 02:10 PM   #6622
Supremacy Member

Do you guys use heat and hair product to style your hair at least 5x/week? I think I lose a lot of hair doing that man.. Every morning lose ~20 strands of hair. I didnt go count them of course, just an estimation from looking at the floor.
I used to have similar issues like you, sometimes when the hair is long, there can be as much as 50 - 60 strands on the floor, I almost wanted to see doctor back then.

But after I cut the hair shorter, and wait for it to dry naturally to about only 10% wet, then I use hairdryer (with the diffuse attachment thing + lowest heat) to dry the rest. This will keep damage to a minimum.

For conditioning, I apply a lot of conditioner to the hair and let it stay there for 30 mins before washing it off.

I only use a bit of powdershake + hair spray, though.

For maintenance, I use water matrix after every shower to moisturize the hair and also that bulboton hair loss thing to take care of it.

of course, all these hair products add up to quite a bit (since i also perm which sets me back by another $150+), but it's worth it long term.
Old 21-04-2016, 02:14 PM   #6623
Great Supremacy Member

any specific hair dryer brand to use?
Old 21-04-2016, 02:41 PM   #6624
Master Member

Hi all,

One question for this typical kpop hairstyle.
See below vid:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyekWBfZAqM

Look at the guy with the red checkered long sleeve shirt and the ball-like blonde hair on the left.

Did he apply some sort of wax + spray on that hair, or is it naturally thick like this? When he turns his head, the hair doesn't move a bit.....the whole thing looks like a wig. Is it, or is it not?

I've seen a couple of guys here in SG (PRCs, to be exact) with similar hairstyle and when the wind blows (huge winds), it doesn't move at all.

If the hairstyle is short like those combback or crew cut and wind blows and it doesn't move, I can understand, but this type of long one? It defies logic.

Can someone explain or analyze?
one word.

PERM
Old 21-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #6625
Master Member

I used to have similar issues like you, sometimes when the hair is long, there can be as much as 50 - 60 strands on the floor, I almost wanted to see doctor back then.

But after I cut the hair shorter, and wait for it to dry naturally to about only 10% wet, then I use hairdryer (with the diffuse attachment thing + lowest heat) to dry the rest. This will keep damage to a minimum.

For conditioning, I apply a lot of conditioner to the hair and let it stay there for 30 mins before washing it off.

For maintenance, I use water matrix after every shower to moisturize the hair and also that bulboton hair loss thing to take care of it.

of course, all these hair products add up to quite a bit (since i also perm which sets me back by another $150+), but it's worth it long term.
THIRTY MINUTES??? u damn hardcore sia.... apply and immediately wash off should be the way for most modern conditioners.
xeonboy likes this.
Old 21-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #6626
Supremacy Member

u stand there naked for 30 mins, will feel cold bo???
xeonboy likes this.
Old 21-04-2016, 05:56 PM   #6627
Supremacy Member

Wink

THIRTY MINUTES??? u damn hardcore sia.... apply and immediately wash off should be the way for most modern conditioners.
i think i'm just greedy lah, i want the hair to absorb as much nutrients as possible. also, i find that when i put the conditioner longer (20 - 30 mins), it can really soften and clean away the spray and stuff there. Previously when i apply and just wash off, the spray and hair products can't go away (shampoo is unable to clean the stuff off, only the olive oil conditioner can)

i remember reading an article some years back which says conditioners need time to be absorbed into the hair.

of course i didn't.

i take a long time to bath (20 - 30 mins), slowly wash.
what happens is, at the start of the bath, i apply conditioner and let it stay on the hair. Then, for the next 30 mins, i just bath normally, then before stepping out of shower, i wash it off.

feels really really good and hair feels very soft afterwards.
Old 21-04-2016, 06:31 PM   #6628
Arch-Supremacy Member

Probably ppc too

dj_flame likes this.
Old 21-04-2016, 07:00 PM   #6629

is it weird to shave 1 side undercut (right) 1 side high slope (left)? My fringe is towards the left (high slope)
Old 21-04-2016, 07:17 PM   #6630
Supremacy Member

i think i'm just greedy lah, i want the hair to absorb as much nutrients as possible. also, i find that when i put the conditioner longer (20 - 30 mins), it can really soften and clean away the spray and stuff there. Previously when i apply and just wash off, the spray and hair products can't go away (shampoo is unable to clean the stuff off, only the olive oil conditioner can)

i remember reading an article some years back which says conditioners need time to be absorbed into the hair.

of course i didn't.

i take a long time to bath (20 - 30 mins), slowly wash.
what happens is, at the start of the bath, i apply conditioner and let it stay on the hair. Then, for the next 30 mins, i just bath normally, then before stepping out of shower, i wash it off.

feels really really good and hair feels very soft afterwards.
Can consider using hair mask the next time, for deep conditioning. And yes, it is indeed true that leaving it longer on the hair will enhance the end results, as it takes time for the hair mask/conditioner to work into the inner hair layer. If you have budget, can bring it further by using conditioning heat cap or steamer to DIY at home.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.