HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #6691

So btw whats the 'best' hair pomade out there now?
http://www.the-pomp-official.com/
Old 26-04-2016, 06:24 PM   #6692
Banned

Actually you guys got try brylcreem or not?
$5 or rm5 if you can get at JB . For me it works well.
Old 26-04-2016, 07:25 PM   #6693
Master Member

haha thank you. i know whats the different between each product. But because mm does not specificly say what type of hair product.
So btw whats the 'best' hair pomade out there now?

Sent from me using GAGT
as u dive into the strange and fascinating world of men's cosmetics, you'll realise that there no such thing as "type" of hair product. and the notion of "best" doesnt exist except for morris motley balm.
cherryboom likes this.
Old 26-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #6694
Supremacy Member

Im a guy with medium short hair,as my hair is dry and frizzy that y i intend to go for salon hair treatment.I not intending to go for 100 plus dollar treatment for around 30~50 would be good enough.

Some info of my routine,I apply hair wax and spray hair spray everyday.I always use conditioner before I shampoo and I shampoo everyday due to I have dandruff,after shampoo I will apply conditioner again and leave in on for 3 mins and wash it off.I deep cleanse my scalp every once and week and deep condition using hair mask every 3 days.Oh yeah I also use scalp brush everyday.FYI,I always use argan oil before hairstyling,eg.hair dryer.

Do hope someone can input some advice.
Do enlighten me if there are places that let you have $30-$50 treatment. Treatment prices, as far as I understand, are usually starting from approximately $100.

1. Applying conditioner before shampoo-ing is only essential, if you are using styling products that are hard to cleanse OR/AND a not-so-effective shampoo cleanser.

2. Dandruff can be caused by many different reasons, namely oily scalp (excess sebum --> greasy scalp/hair --> dandruff) or dry scalp (flakes produced from dry scalp --> dandruff). Using a shampoo helps to ensure that the hair is properly cleansed of impurities, excess oils and residues but does not necessarily prevent dandruff.

3. Do not use both conditioner and hair mask as it will make the hair overly greasy and might cause your scalp to be oily too. It would then backfire. Factually, soft hair is limp and often harder to shape and hold well.

4. Personally, i would feel that applying argan oil before styling, will be making your life more difficult. With this extra layer of protection (to enhance the hair shine, protect against heat), it is inevitable that styling products will be harder to apply onto the hair too. IMO, moisturizing creams or vitamin boosters can be better options.
Old 26-04-2016, 08:15 PM   #6695
Arch-Supremacy Member

I think using elipse is beneficial too

Old 27-04-2016, 12:24 AM   #6696
Master Member

I think using elipse is beneficial too
i think using ellipses are beneficial too...
Old 27-04-2016, 12:45 AM   #6697
Supremacy Member

This???

Or this???

Anyone tried both shampoo before?

Old 27-04-2016, 02:31 AM   #6698
Master Member

[QUOTE=rollanddie;101036792]This???

Or this???

Anyone tried both shampoo before?

Old 27-04-2016, 02:54 AM   #6699
High Supremacy Member

What's everyone's opinion take on:

1. HairPlus at Far East Plaza
2. How to combat oily hair? Mine gets really jialat after a day, then when shampooing always a lot stray strands fall off, but no bald spots.

Old 27-04-2016, 08:11 AM   #6700

I have tried both before. The show is better for me. Kanebo conditioner tends to be more oily.
Old 27-04-2016, 10:04 AM   #6701
Supremacy Member

I have tried both before. The show is better for me. Kanebo conditioner tends to be more oily.
Show is dry... Did you try the show conditioner? Is it a good pairing with the shampoo? Or any off the shelf conditioner works also

Old 27-04-2016, 09:28 PM   #6702

Are hairdryers with ionic toggle ********? I find that it gives off this weird chemical smell, does it really makes a difference in preping the hair.
Old 27-04-2016, 09:43 PM   #6703
Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=deaththeorist;101037571]You order from taobao? Or daigou back?

Old 27-04-2016, 09:49 PM   #6704
Supremacy Member

Anyone tried the Care for my cut shampoo from TPJ?

Old 27-04-2016, 10:42 PM   #6705
Supremacy Member

Show is dry... Did you try the show conditioner? Is it a good pairing with the shampoo? Or any off the shelf conditioner works also
Generally, menthol shampoo are usually stronger in terms of cleansing. Not only does it give a sensation to let one feel energetic, it lets one feel more refreshed and a cleaner feel in the scalp, after usage. It also helps to stimulate blood flow to the scalp, which helps to promote hair growth too.

Feeling conditioner contains jojoba oil which is well known for its moisturizing and hydrating properties.

Honestly speaking, off the counter conditioners can be considered if your needs are simple. For instance, using it as a form of "make up remover". Some styling products are harder to remove and using conditioner to remove is possible. In this case, OTC conditioner is an ideal option.

However, if you are having very dry/damaged or particular about nourishing your hair, then you probably will be better off with a higher-end conditioner with better ingredients and effectiveness.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.