The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
Uevo Grey, Morris motley chrome, Vantachi scent does people sitting next to me smell it or only myself smell it?

I sit beside other people (pompadour/undercut style I think sure got apply some hair products) on train like never smell anything, I wonder what they apply?

Last time I use Gatsby styling gel, spray, smell like not so strong than Uevo.

losthopeguy

Reaction score
guys, i just bought reuzel grooming tonic and had a go with it.

in my personal opinion, its performance is top notch, smells like apple cedar.

Of the 3 sprays i have used, i would rate reuzel , sidekick n byrd sss.

Rated reuzel over sidekick simply because of the smell but holding power and the ability to give definition, they are roughly on par.

byrd is quite a no go :(

U all may consider reuzel one if you are sian of sidekick

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Uevo Grey, Morris motley chrome, Vantachi scent does people sitting next to me smell it or only myself smell it?

I sit beside other people (pompadour/undercut style I think sure got apply some hair products) on train like never smell anything, I wonder what they apply?

lol they cannot smell you one la omg.

as the day goes, the scent will be gone too

waddahell

Reaction score
GX bro
Bought some stuff from yr shop but tracking number provided cannot be found.

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
GX bro
Bought some stuff from yr shop but tracking number provided cannot be found.

Smartpac the system abit weird.
Not sure why always not updated.
But don't worry. If you're not home to collect. It will be placed into the mail box if there's space.

nichsong

Reaction score

More likely you'll be more conscious of your own scent rather than others.. Bro actually u seem a little too particular on the very minute, unnecessary details. Try not to think too much about it or let it affect you.. Could develop into an unhealthy disorder, possibly OCD.

nichsong

Reaction score
guys, i just bought reuzel grooming tonic and had a go with it.

in my personal opinion, its performance is top notch, smells like apple cedar.

Of the 3 sprays i have used, i would rate reuzel , sidekick n byrd sss.

Rated reuzel over sidekick simply because of the smell but holding power and the ability to give definition, they are roughly on par.

byrd is quite a no go :(

U all may consider reuzel one if you are sian of sidekick

You've tried the Byrd salt sorat? Haha awesome. And I've read about Reuzel grooming topic haha.. provides same hold as sidekick? Sounds interesting. what about the weight though?

losthopeguy

Reaction score
You've tried the Byrd salt sorat? Haha awesome. And I've read about Reuzel grooming topic haha.. provides same hold as sidekick? Sounds interesting. what about the weight though?
haha, i am not a fan of the byrd spray. plus the smell is a huge turnoff-- that coconut makes u smell like an indian. i mean no offence to the indian community. Unless coconut is ur thing, i wonlt recommend it.

i personally feel that reuzel is slightly heavier than sidekick but despite that, there is hold and i am able to see my hair structure after blow-drying with it- i wonlt rate it as a must have like morris motley, BUT i think it is good enough as a pre styler

super365

Master Member
Reaction score
lol they cannot smell you one la omg.

as the day goes, the scent will be gone too

Did you mean if I apply the hair product on my hair, only I can smell because the hair product on my hair scent only strong enough to reach my nose, nearby people do not smell it?

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Did you mean if I apply the hair product on my hair, only I can smell because the hair product on my hair scent only strong enough to reach my nose, nearby people do not smell it?

Lol. Why not try asking your family members for starters
See they can smell normally.
If cannot then nvm.
For what you care ppl can smell anot lol sia

Last edited:

SaltyLeaves

Reaction score

Dude i use dc myself and i think the smell is kinda strong but non of my friends can smell it. It disappears after a few minutes.

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone heard or use manigto charcoal clay and gentlemen essential refined matte clay?

hows is it? is it strong and easily wash off?

thanx

nichsong

Reaction score
anyone heard or use manigto charcoal clay and gentlemen essential refined matte clay?

hows is it? is it strong and easily wash off?

thanx

Manigto Clay is pretty decent, lightweight but doesnt give enough hold to hold the style in place for the whole day imo. I suggest trying out their new Clay Pomade!

Refined matte clay.. Don't bother. MIC formula which is used by alot of our "local brands". Great tho if u want your hair to turn into straw with just one use.

Presto80

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Manigto Clay is pretty decent, lightweight but doesnt give enough hold to hold the style in place for the whole day imo. I suggest trying out their new Clay Pomade!

Refined matte clay.. Don't bother. MIC formula which is used by alot of our "local brands". Great tho if u want your hair to turn into straw with just one use.

manigto clay promade is shine or matt look..their website didnt state.

refined matte clay looks ang mo to me, didnt know is mic.

any other recommendation for matt look, wash easily, decent strength for short to medium hair?

thanx

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
My blacklisted brands - getzgy, refined, ubersuave, apestomen, undisputed (worst crap ever) will never touch those even if it was free.

Haven try latest manigto yet. They upsized the jars without increasing the price, hope its genuine and not some diluted product to make up for the size difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.