The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what happened to the shaving thread??

I want to know what length to cut my beard. I want a chinstrap, something like this. Don't know if I should keep my moustache

Facial_FullFace_Chinstrap5.jpg

Paging for gx kor kor

whatme

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
How will the natural beeswax paste vs by villain GD,DC in terms of hold?
In my opinion. Both has different characteristic of usage.

Beeswax is easier to apply due to the texture, like spongy.

Gold digger would be slightly harder to apply and might need some skill to style. Those people who expect magic effect on their hair after applying. Sorry to say. No.

However for your question in terms of holding power.

The beeswax may not able to hold much longer than gold digger. Unless your hair has some natural waves. If your hair is thick and straight like me, you may need to blow dry with a curling brush. The outcome of beeswax will be more satisfying. The beeswax will give you a soft hair texture while giving you reasonable hold.

However, for me. I prefer my hair to set in place without moving much. The beeswax tends to be a little heavier for me though. But for the gold digger, although it's harder to apply, the hold is much better than beeswax without making your hair heavier.

Holding power?

If 1 to 10 (10 of highest holding power)

Gold digger = 9

Beeswax paste = 6

Sent from from using using GAGT

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone knows what happened to the shaving thread??

I want to know what length to cut my beard. I want a chinstrap, something like this. Don't know if I should keep my moustache

Facial_FullFace_Chinstrap5.jpg

this one, side view nice, front view ugly.. shld keep moustache.
use a trimmer and maybe put 2-3mm?
lolol
i use scissors cut one.

pronxs

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
anyone knows where to cut max 25 sgd in FEP? the ones with decent reviews of course

RyanCCY

Reaction score
In my opinion. Both has different characteristic of usage.

Beeswax is easier to apply due to the texture, like spongy.

Gold digger would be slightly harder to apply and might need some skill to style. Those people who expect magic effect on their hair after applying. Sorry to say. No.

However for your question in terms of holding power.

The beeswax may not able to hold much longer than gold digger. Unless your hair has some natural waves. If your hair is thick and straight like me, you may need to blow dry with a curling brush. The outcome of beeswax will be more satisfying. The beeswax will give you a soft hair texture while giving you reasonable hold.

However, for me. I prefer my hair to set in place without moving much. The beeswax tends to be a little heavier for me though. But for the gold digger, although it's harder to apply, the hold is much better than beeswax without making your hair heavier.

Holding power?

If 1 to 10 (10 of highest holding power)

Gold digger = 9

Beeswax paste = 6

Sent from from using using GAGT
Totally agree with this review . I would agree gd got more hold but also because it is sticky . Gd never worked out for me because it makes my hair oily after a day . Totally different for different hair texture . My hair is thick and slightly wavy , so i would prefer working with beeswax, as it provides a natural and reasonably strong hold . Cannot comment on DC as I've never tried before . Holding strength, gd definitely higher . Versatility , beeswax better .

Sent from Samsung SM-N9005 using GAGT

ivangonzalez

Reaction score
How will the natural beeswax paste vs by villain GD,DC in terms of hold?

gd too heavy for me.. hold also fades throughout the day. afternoon time 1 2 hour after lunch all flat already.. when droop alr need to adjust, when i adjust find that the hold getting lesser and lesser.. use blowdryer to prestyle also cannot..

beeswax is not bad.. can tahan longer and the texture of it is very unique. got good control, if you style a certain way it will stay there for quite awhile.. but still need to adjust eventually la to be honest.. but thats acceptable to me.. it smells nicer too..

should try mister pomp its really not bad.. the jar i find also the nicest of all the wax brands..

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
gd too heavy for me.. hold also fades throughout the day. afternoon time 1 2 hour after lunch all flat already.. when droop alr need to adjust, when i adjust find that the hold getting lesser and lesser.. use blowdryer to prestyle also cannot..

beeswax is not bad.. can tahan longer and the texture of it is very unique. got good control, if you style a certain way it will stay there for quite awhile.. but still need to adjust eventually la to be honest.. but thats acceptable to me.. it smells nicer too..

should try mister pomp its really not bad.. the jar i find also the nicest of all the wax brands..

Means ur hair quite thin

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score

Show hair pic?? Wanna see your style.

dj_flame

Reaction score
I found a great method to get a natural hold and texture with sufficient hold. So far I've only tested it with dynamite clay but similar products will work too. So matte medium hold stuff like Mister Pompadour Beeswax or Sculpting Clay, HDF Claymation and even Redken Clay should work too.

Some context: I have been noticing how rob mason applies product to his client's damp hair on @morrismotley before blow drying. and how the final hairstyle looks really good with great natural texture and volume. He shared a quick tip on blowdrying recently which I decided to put to the test.

What I did: spritzed By Vilain Pre Styler into the thick parts of towel dried hair, blow dry to about 80% dry on high heat and high speed , then rub a tiny bit of Dynamite Clay all over the hair, then resumed blow drying but with a brush this time on luke warm heat and high speed, until my hair is bone dry.

Rob said doing this allowed the product to dry into the roots, and you dont want too high of a heat otherwise the product will melt too much which prevents the desired effect.

The end result is a great bed head look with solid hold and super duper texture, like those you see on editorials. I finished off my hair style with a 20 cent amount of clay finger-combed all around to give it a bit more extra hold.

As you guys probably know, I'm all about the natural look. I don't mind less hold because my hair is purposely cut to look like I don't spend too much time styling and it's styled to allow the ladies to run their fingers through ;)

So yeah super pleased. :)

anyone knows where to cut max 25 sgd in FEP? the ones with decent reviews of course
You're out of luck buddy. I heard FEP recently raised the rent on its tenants so everyone has upped their prices. Probably looking at $30 for a basic hair cut now.

Last edited:

dj_flame

Reaction score
Peeks. djflame's hair 1 Singapore humidity 0.

Running fingers through the hair, creating a bit of a lived-in messy look and allowing the strands to fall naturally. This is 6 hours post hairstyle.
28%20June%202015%20-%202_zpsptoucv0z.jpg~original

How it looks like after all that.
28%20June%202015%20-%201_zps8bwy8v0g.jpg~original

iV3RsOn

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Peeks. djflame's hair 1 Singapore humidity 0.

Running fingers through the hair, creating a bit of a lived-in messy look and allowing the strands to fall naturally. This is 6 hours post hairstyle.
28%20June%202015%20-%202_zpsptoucv0z.jpg~original

How it looks like after all that.
28%20June%202015%20-%201_zps8bwy8v0g.jpg~original

Wah Wah, ur biceps bigger than my head...

jeklit

Reaction score
Had promise write a review for DapperGentleman. Bought a tube of Based Pomade on The Gromming Society last Tuesday. Delivery was a breezed and product was delivered in 5 hours later. Tried 3 small scopes, it's actually a good pomade for a pomp hairstyle, but the smell is a little to strong at least for me, others my disagree. Contacted DapperGentleman and ask for an exchange , and without questions, to my surprised, he agreed, for no extra cost! Good chap, even advice the type of pomade based on the a discussion about my preference, and received a Slik Devil pomade as an exchange on Friday which a a more vanilla sort of smell and semi matt type, more to my liking.

Would recommended DapperGentleman for his excellent service and customer focused approach. Thumb up!

Last edited:

gaoxing84

Great Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Had promise write a review for DapperGentleman. Bought a tube of Based Pomade on The Gromming Society last Tuesday. Delivery was a breezed and product was delivered in 5 hours later. Tried 3 small scopes, it's actually a good pomade for a pomp hairstyle, but the smell a little to strong at least for me, others my disagree. Contacted DapperGentleman and ask for an exchange , and without questions, to my surprised, he agreed, for no extra cost! Good chap, even advice the type of pomade based on the a discussion about my preference, and received a Slik Devil pomade as an exchange on Friday which a a more vanilla sort of smell and semi matt type, more to my liking.

Would recommended DapperGentleman for his excellent service and customer focused approach. Thumb up!

so you squeeze out and he still willing to exchange?
wow good for you man!:s12:

hope the used one he will keep it and use for himself and not resell as "new" to other unsuspecting customer.
i know some shops actually does it.. unless the tube got sealant for quality control.
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.