HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2016, 01:50 AM   #6766
Great Supremacy Member

how is it different from firm matte one.. smell.. texture. hold.
exact same thing. except it has shine. not wet shine but strong natural shine.

hold is pretty good but don't over used it as it will gets the oily feel except its not, just feels that way
Old 09-05-2016, 01:52 AM   #6767
Great Supremacy Member

1: By Vilain Sidekick as Pre + Original as Post Style
2: Original as Pre + Original as Post Style

Both don't really work so well. Hair flops after awhile. Am thinking of using Ref323 SSS as pre then Original as Post. GX bro tried this combo yet?
flops as in flatten?

like i say a million times.

flat is standard, cause of gravity. you think the joe (blumaan) got this hair all pump up all day?
hard truth, it doesn't.

if it falls off like strands of hair, then cause those bunch of hair are not long enough to fall back on its own length and weight.

the good thing about such styling products is that even when it flops, you just restyle it. simple.
Old 09-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #6768

Any one here has used lockhart's clay or modern pirate's clay and care to give a quick review?

I've just finished my tub of dynamite clay, it's the best clay ever but looking to step out of my comfort zone.
Old 09-05-2016, 07:03 AM   #6769

1: By Vilain Sidekick as Pre + Original as Post Style
2: Original as Pre + Original as Post Style

Both don't really work so well. Hair flops after awhile. Am thinking of using Ref323 SSS as pre then Original as Post. GX bro tried this combo yet?
It might be how you blow dry.

I realized blowdrying with my head flipped over works wonders - aka bend over and blowdryer facing up and towards the direction you want your hair to go.

Blasting the hair past the point of dryness, like 1-2 minutes more in the direction, with cold air even after the hair is already dry really helps as well.

I take about 10 minutes to blowdry really thick hair that reaches to the middle of my nose. YMMV.
Old 09-05-2016, 08:44 AM   #6770

@GX Yep i understand, but unfortunately for me the whole thing just falls apart. Totally breaks apart (hair in different directions) plus completely flattens. I usually don't experience this with other products such as MM and By Vilain for eg. If it's the regular way in which hair flattens (all together in same direction) i understand that it's more of an issue with my hair than anything else haha. That's why seeking opinion if anyone has tried a different combo and found it to work for them!

flops as in flatten?

like i say a million times.

flat is standard, cause of gravity. you think the joe (blumaan) got this hair all pump up all day?
hard truth, it doesn't.

if it falls off like strands of hair, then cause those bunch of hair are not long enough to fall back on its own length and weight.

the good thing about such styling products is that even when it flops, you just restyle it. simple.
Old 09-05-2016, 09:52 AM   #6771
Arch-Supremacy Member

@GX Yep i understand, but unfortunately for me the whole thing just falls apart. Totally breaks apart (hair in different directions) plus completely flattens. I usually don't experience this with other products such as MM and By Vilain for eg. If it's the regular way in which hair flattens (all together in same direction) i understand that it's more of an issue with my hair than anything else haha. That's why seeking opinion if anyone has tried a different combo and found it to work for them!
I combo Original with abit of pomade

Old 09-05-2016, 10:02 AM   #6772
Supremacy Member

I alternate ebl taste and GD. Both are quite ok except that GD feels more chemical to me..

Any other products similar to the both in terms of holding and matte? My hair length is medium and not too thick

Old 09-05-2016, 10:18 AM   #6773

Lockhart's Matte Clay quite zai. I would say in terms of texture, somewhat similar to Dynamite Clay in the sense that its hard in the jar, and hard to scoop out. However, emulsifying and distribution process is much more smoother than DC. As for hold wise, it's defo leaning closer to more of a strong hold instead of a medium hold as advertised. DC probably has a slightly stronger hold, mainly because of its stickiness. I would say that both DC and Lockhart's Clay give off a little bit of shine. A little less for matte clay though. For the overall finish, Matte Clay is less sticky, hence gives you a slightly more textured, loose look as compared to DC which makes your hair alil more glue-ish and stuck together.

Overall I think if you like DC, you should give Lockhart's Matte Clay a try. Both are great products and on par imo. Just different texture and finish

Any one here has used lockhart's clay or modern pirate's clay and care to give a quick review?

I've just finished my tub of dynamite clay, it's the best clay ever but looking to step out of my comfort zone.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #6774
Great Supremacy Member

Then maybe Blumaan don't work for you I guess. Find out what works and continue using. Haha

It's not a one product Fits all despite all the advertising lol
This is a end consumer telling you.
Not as a seller.

Cause ma fan for us also if don't work then customer blame us and all.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:20 AM   #6775
Great Supremacy Member

Lockhart's Matte Clay quite zai. I would say in terms of texture, somewhat similar to Dynamite Clay in the sense that its hard in the jar, and hard to scoop out. However, emulsifying and distribution process is much more smoother than DC. As for hold wise, it's defo leaning closer to more of a strong hold instead of a medium hold as advertised. DC probably has a slightly stronger hold, mainly because of its stickiness. I would say that both DC and Lockhart's Clay give off a little bit of shine. A little less for matte clay though. For the overall finish, Matte Clay is less sticky, hence gives you a slightly more textured, loose look as compared to DC which makes your hair alil more glue-ish and stuck together.

Overall I think if you like DC, you should give Lockhart's Matte Clay a try. Both are great products and on par imo. Just different texture and finish
No love for Lockhart. Too oily looking.
Dynamite Clay anyday man.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:21 AM   #6776
Great Supremacy Member

I alternate ebl taste and GD. Both are quite ok except that GD feels more chemical to me..

Any other products similar to the both in terms of holding and matte? My hair length is medium and not too thick
Morris motley.
If not is Baxter cali Clay pomade.

Another one that might work is blind Barber 90
Old 09-05-2016, 11:32 AM   #6777

Yep it's definitely the product itself not suitable for my hair type if anything. Will review and post again after seeing results when used with SSS!

Then maybe Blumaan don't work for you I guess. Find out what works and continue using. Haha

It's not a one product Fits all despite all the advertising lol
This is a end consumer telling you.
Not as a seller.

Cause ma fan for us also if don't work then customer blame us and all.
Old 09-05-2016, 11:48 AM   #6778
Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=rollanddie;101254254]I alternate ebl taste and GD. Both are quite ok except that GD feels more chemical to me..

Old 09-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #6779
High Supremacy Member

Pomades are usually for those slicked back type right? If I'm going for other looks a wax/clay would work better? Any brands to recommend?

Also, not sure if I'll get shot to death by asking this, but what's everyone's opinion of Gatsby Moving Rubber?

Old 09-05-2016, 12:43 PM   #6780
Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=darthsid11111;101256201]I must say that Baxter Clay Pomade and BB90 are very different beasts.

BB90 feels much more natural and is easy to restyle.

Clay Pomadr has an extreme hold and close to no restyling ability.

Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.