The Hair Thread - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hervaux Singapore

Reaction score
Dear HWZ members,

We appreciate all the feedback given, be it positive or negative. There is always room for improvement, so if we can serve you better in anyway, please let us know or drop us an email on our Concierge page.

With that, thank you for the feedback and our team will continue to give you the best value and service you deserve.

Warmest Regards,
Dave Lim
Customer Support
Hervaux Singapore

darthsid11111

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Dear HWZ members,

We appreciate all the feedback given, be it positive or negative. There is always room for improvement, so if we can serve you better in anyway, please let us know or drop us an email on our Concierge page.

With that, thank you for the feedback and our team will continue to give you the best value and service you deserve.

Warmest Regards,
Dave Lim
Customer Support
Hervaux Singapore
Btw the way you post borders on advertising. Good luck if someone decides to report you.

Sent from Samsung SM-G930F using GAGT

Nephew

Reaction score
Anyone got by vilain sidekick on stock? Or any pre styling product? Need it urgently!! Pm me thanks

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
wake up in morning hair always very oily..

always need shampoo, got any better shampoo for oily scalp anot?

I used H&S for sometime liao i think time for a change

I think a honest opinion will be to find the right shampoo for your needs.

H&S is not deep cleansing shampoo and to combat against oily scalp, you need deep cleansing shampoo to cleanse the hair and scalp. Inevitably, it will make your hair relatively drier. But since you mentioned that your hair is oily (i.e. oily scalp and oily hair), then this property (drying out the hair) will help to control the oils in the hair.

One of the many options to consider is carbolic shampoo. :)

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

I've tried using wax when i was in secondary school, didn't like it as it made my face SUPER oily, like super super oily. Thus i didn't continue using hair styling product as i had a bad experience. However as of now, with more research, I've came to found out that there are other products that are not wax, such a clay or pomades.

Would like to get some opinion about hair clay as I think hair clay is something that i would want; easy to wash off. As for the types of hold and shine it gives, i know that it differs from product to product.

Have been wanting to get pre-styler and hair clay, was looking at giovanni frizz be gone pre-styler as it has heat protection and hopefully anti-frizz property just as it's name suggest? However I've read in this thread that the sea salt spray works wonder too, may i know what are the differences between this two?

I've also decided on getting the By vilian dynamite clay as it seems that it has the properties that i want; medium hold and matte finish if i remember correctly. However on hairbroduct website there is a product which interest me which is the morris motley treatment styling balm. Will i be better off by just getting the dynamite clay from by vilian? Or will the morris motley product have something to offer like it's treatment property and works the same as the dynamite clay?

Much thanks!

1. There are dry wax as well that does not produce sheen finish. Likewise, there are also clay that comes with slight shine as well. Hence, the point is actually not being on wax or clay or pomade. Objectively, you're looking for a product that is preferably dry-textured and comes with matte finish. This will then help you locate the desired product better.

2. Generally, hair clay is harder to wash off than hair wax. As a tradeoff, the hold that it gives is usually much higher than hair wax too.

3. Giovanni Frizz, I have not used it before. You can see this like hair serum (in the form of spray) that controls the frizziness and gives you heat protection. It also contains conditioning agents to nourish the hair. This also means added weight onto the hair. To conclude, this product can be used as a pre-styler (to condition the hair and reduce the dry look) but not in the conventional way. This will not help you replace the function of SSS, as you will not have an easier time to style anti-gravity defying hairstyles or a voluminous pompadour after using (due to the weight). Instead, you can use this for a casual look (e.g. bangs).

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Anyone got by vilain sidekick on stock? Or any pre styling product? Need it urgently!! Pm me thanks

There are many pre-stylers out there actually.

Will leave the job of dropping you a PM to others. Think you will have more than enough to consider from the options provided.

Just a point to highlight as we're on this topic - the differences between the many brands of SSS do not differ much. The main areas will be 1) Hold and 2) Dryness. Some might market itself more with added benefits such as heat protection, but in general all SSS comes with a certain degree of heat protection. Likewise, the stiffness that accompanies with it is how it allows the hair to be volumized. Working to build a base structure in the hair, it helps to aid subsequent hair styling.

Some SSS might be drier but helps to control the oils in the hair (useful for you if you've oily hair), while others don't feel that dry. Some comes with higher hold (useful if you've a hard time volumizing your hair) while others come with softer hold.

sansanjikikut

Master Member
Reaction score
Any products to change my hair type. I want to be like those ang mor when they push back their hair fringe, it automatically stays back without falling down even when their hair is dry. So difficult to style a quiff for us asians :(

leejhong

Supremacy Member
Reaction score
Any products to change my hair type. I want to be like those ang mor when they push back their hair fringe, it automatically stays back without falling down even when their hair is dry. So difficult to style a quiff for us asians :(

One word - PERM.

Nephew

Reaction score
Thanks alot for the info :)

There are many pre-stylers out there actually.

Will leave the job of dropping you a PM to others. Think you will have more than enough to consider from the options provided.

Just a point to highlight as we're on this topic - the differences between the many brands of SSS do not differ much. The main areas will be 1) Hold and 2) Dryness. Some might market itself more with added benefits such as heat protection, but in general all SSS comes with a certain degree of heat protection. Likewise, the stiffness that accompanies with it is how it allows the hair to be volumized. Working to build a base structure in the hair, it helps to aid subsequent hair styling.

Some SSS might be drier but helps to control the oils in the hair (useful for you if you've oily hair), while others don't feel that dry. Some comes with higher hold (useful if you've a hard time volumizing your hair) while others come with softer hold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Community Guidelines and Standards, Terms of Service and Member T&Cs for more information.