HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-06-2015, 04:25 PM   #691

Got an extra BN silver fox. Let me know if anyone is interested.

Thanks !
Old 14-06-2015, 05:51 PM   #692

Hey bros does anyone know any solution to GD drying out ? Because i threw away my sealant and now my GD is kinda like dried out so when i apply it the product just doesn't really work at all as there is barely any hold now.
Old 14-06-2015, 06:22 PM   #693
Great Supremacy Member

Hey bros does anyone know any solution to GD drying out ? Because i threw away my sealant and now my GD is kinda like dried out so when i apply it the product just doesn't really work at all as there is barely any hold now.
Use hair dryer to melt it.
You need to keep the sealant. Your seller never tell you that?
Or is it me? Haha
Old 14-06-2015, 06:42 PM   #694

Use hair dryer to melt it.
You need to keep the sealant. Your seller never tell you that?
Or is it me? Haha
Okay thanks for the advice i'll try that to see if it works or i might consider changing to another product as my hair just doesn't hold for barely an hour. I got my GD from MensBazaar @ Carousell but he didn't tell me anything abt the sealant so i just threw it out lol
Old 14-06-2015, 08:04 PM   #695
Great Supremacy Member

Okay thanks for the advice i'll try that to see if it works or i might consider changing to another product as my hair just doesn't hold for barely an hour. I got my GD from MensBazaar @ Carousell but he didn't tell me anything abt the sealant so i just threw it out lol
What you meant by don't hold? Lol what style you doing? Haha reason why people don't tell you stuff like this.
Lol. My partner made stickers and paste inside the cab to tell ppl not to remove and throw away the sealant.
I tell verbally if meet up.
Hair dryer works but don't melt it entirely.
Old 14-06-2015, 08:43 PM   #696

What you meant by don't hold? Lol what style you doing? Haha reason why people don't tell you stuff like this.
Lol. My partner made stickers and paste inside the cab to tell ppl not to remove and throw away the sealant.
I think its because the wax became too dry and it's so difficult to work into my hair so at first when i style it it looks okay but after like an hour it just flops around and eventually falls all over. The style i am doing is just a normal pompadour ah. I wish i would i known that earlier though i thought it was because it doesn't suit my hair type until i saw a earlier post about By Vilain products having the tendency of drying up without the sealant.
Old 14-06-2015, 09:40 PM   #697
Great Supremacy Member

I think its because the wax became too dry and it's so difficult to work into my hair so at first when i style it it looks okay but after like an hour it just flops around and eventually falls all over. The style i am doing is just a normal pompadour ah. I wish i would i known that earlier though i thought it was because it doesn't suit my hair type until i saw a earlier post about By Vilain products having the tendency of drying up without the sealant.
Buy from a better seller next time Haha because you never use Pre styling spray for volume of course will flop. No volume how to have pomp. In my opinion, Dynamite Clay will suit better.
Less dry but matte but lighter.
Add with Sidekick. Confirm pomp gao gao
But if you want extreme hold with volume.
Sidekick spray and gold digger.
Old 14-06-2015, 11:35 PM   #698
Supremacy Member

Ya the hair dryer method works for me too.

Anyway, My gold digger harden due to myself didn't turn tightly of the cap.

Use the hair dry to blow all around the tub. Not just blowing the top. Once you felt it's shiny and soft. It's all good.

Maybe can DIY a seal cover? Cut the size of the Cover, then use cling wrap to wrap around the round shape? Then you can pop it into the cap. Haha .

Old 15-06-2015, 12:14 AM   #699

Picked up the Layrite Super Hold from dapplegentleman this afternoon.

Nice chap

Last edited by zc_squash; 15-06-2015 at 12:19 AM..
Old 15-06-2015, 12:21 AM   #700
Great Supremacy Member

i think dapper and the seller is different person.
unless they share account.
Old 15-06-2015, 01:35 AM   #701

Picked up the Layrite Super Hold from dapplegentleman this afternoon.

Nice chap

Thanks for the support bro!

Old 15-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #702
Arch-Supremacy Member

Have been using the Joico Erratic Clay for quite some time.

Is there any other product that hold better and is as easy to wash?

Old 15-06-2015, 10:59 AM   #703
Great Supremacy Member

Have been using the Joico Erratic Clay for quite some time.

Is there any other product that hold better and is as easy to wash?
if you want to try similar but better stuff.
Vantachi Clay from the pretty jerk.
google it.
similar price point.

if you want dry clay, dynamite clay.
from me.

Old 15-06-2015, 08:40 PM   #704
nez
Supremacy Member

Wow. Initially I though the 2 brothers were very thoughtful. Now realised it was the seller (also 2 brothers?) Good job gaoxing84

Dynamic clay user here. Awesome stuff.
Old 16-06-2015, 12:02 AM   #705

i dislike answering these kind of posts, but too many people have the belief that the product alone will hold up the hairstyle.

Given how humid our climate is, there is no way you can replicate those youtube hair styles all day unless you use a mixture of cement and hairspray on your hair (which is pretty dumb)

The trick is simple:
1. Learn to blow dry
2. Learn to blow dry with a brush for added volume
3. Use a pre styler / sea salt spray / "boost" or "volume" powder

No way around the dilemma. Relying on the product to provide majority of the hold is a bad thing because the moisture in Singapore will sooner or later weigh the hair down. It's smarter to use high heat to force the hair to go where you want to go, and use product for a bit of extra hold and texture (or shine, whatever floats your boat)

Now someone can volunteer to shoot a hair styling video for me i can show you how to blow dry. It isn't rocket science, just ask your hairstylist how to blow dry next time you get a haircut.

edit: I'm going to take a before / after pic tomorrow morning where i go from bedhead, to damp hair, to blow dried and then to the final hairstyle with just sufficient product and NO hairspray.

TL;DR version: you want awesome volumey hair, learn to use a blowdryer and a pre styler
gaoxing84 and dark_aLLeY like this.
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.