HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2016, 02:04 PM   #7096

Thank you for sic! Anymore similar websites? Like mrporter, this

PSA: Endclothing has Imperial Gel Pomade in a 12oz jar for $26 or so. Offer ends tonight. Fiber Pomade is also available but in a 6oz jar.

Links:
http://www.endclothing.com/us/groomi...impgp12oz.html
Old 19-05-2016, 02:14 PM   #7097
Arch-Supremacy Member

which is the best online site to purchase combs and pomades? currently using ubersauve and previously tried to order from shopee but they never deliver my products.

Is Sg Pomades a good place to buy online?

Thanks
U can try thegroomingsociety

Old 19-05-2016, 02:18 PM   #7098

SGPomades probably offers the largest range of hairstyling products in the market, which is definitely a plus point. You can find just about any hairstyling product there. So if you're looking at exploring a wide range of different products and combs as you have mentioned, that is a good place to look However, I personally do not recommend Ubersuave as I find it to be very harsh and drying on the hair. We've had a little debate about it in some recent earlier posts. You can take a look at them haha

---FOR ME---

I personally make many of my purchases from hairbroducts - for a selected range of contemporary brands that offer products that have been proven to work well with our weather. They have a range of good styling tools as well. Total prices are great esp when you factor in the low mailing costs. They're one of the oldest, most established local resellers btw

I also shop at theprettyjerk for a unique range of products at very affordable prices (waxes, clays, styling powder etc) - that have also been proven to be effective, and can't be found anywhere else. Their products have also been proven to work well with our weather too. Not to mention their excellent customer service - customer reviews on their website speaks for itself.

I have had great experiences while shopping from both retailers.

These are my thoughts and recommendations, hope they help!

*Admins/Mods or anyone else who deem my post inappropriate, do let me know and I will delete it immediately*

which is the best online site to purchase combs and pomades? currently using ubersauve and previously tried to order from shopee but they never deliver my products.

Thanks
jason910 and gaoxing84 like this.
Old 19-05-2016, 02:22 PM   #7099
Master Member

Thumbs up

Thanks. Realise they do not carry Ubersauve, any other good water based strong hold waxes to recommend? I prefer the matte type. Thanks
Old 19-05-2016, 02:25 PM   #7100
Master Member

SGPomades probably offers the largest range of hairstyling products in the market, which is definitely a plus point. You can find just about any hairstyling product there. So if you're looking at exploring a wide range of different products and combs as you have mentioned, that is a good place to look However, I personally do not recommend Ubersuave as I find it to be very harsh and drying on the hair. We've had a little debate about it in some recent earlier posts. You can take a look at them haha

---FOR ME---

I personally make many of my purchases from hairbroducts - for a selected range of contemporary brands that offer products that have been proven to work well with our weather. They have a range of good styling tools as well. Total prices are great esp when you factor in the low mailing costs. They're one of the oldest, most established local resellers btw

I also shop at theprettyjerk for a unique range of products at very affordable prices (waxes, clays, styling powder etc) - that have also been proven to be effective, and can't be found anywhere else. Their products have also been proven to work well with our weather too. Not to mention their excellent customer service - customer reviews on their website speaks for itself.

I have had great experiences while shopping from both retailers.

These are my thoughts and recommendations, hope they help!

*Admins/Mods or anyone else who deem my post inappropriate, do let me know and I will delete it immediately*
Thanks bro for the detailed write up! u are very very right after my hair wash it tends to get very dry up. Please recommend me some waxes of the matte type which will be simiar to ubersauve if you dont mind. Thanks!
Old 19-05-2016, 02:47 PM   #7101

That I can definitely help you with. I've personally used the By Vilain Products - Really love the dynamite clay, matte finish(a touch of natural shine, not completely dry matte), all day hold. Or if you can afford the extra cash, try out Morris Motley's Treatment Styling Balm. Morris Motley has been all the hype recently and for good reason. Great performing products, really great ingredients that are good for your hair. But if you're looking to try things out first, I'd say go for dynamite clay. You can find it over at hairbroducts

On a side note - One of the best ways to prevent dry hair is to make sure you invest in a good quality shampoo and conditioner. Theprettyjerk has a solid range of quality shampoos, conditioners and treatment products that work damn well. I'll vouch for that.

*ADDITIONALLY*
Have you heard of the term pre-styling? If you haven't, you must definitely check it out.
This has been the game changer for my hairstyling game. I personally use sea salt spray as my pre styler prior to applying the finishing product (clays, waxes etc)

I know this sounds like a lot to take in, a lot of products and hence alot of money that needs to be spent lol. But trust me, invest in quality products and you'll eventually see that its worth every dollar spent. Start slowly first, maybe with the dynamite clay Let us know what your experience is like!

Thanks bro for the detailed write up! u are very very right after my hair wash it tends to get very dry up. Please recommend me some waxes of the matte type which will be simiar to ubersauve if you dont mind. Thanks!
jason910 likes this.
Old 19-05-2016, 02:52 PM   #7102
Master Member

That I can definitely help you with. I've personally used the By Vilain Products - Really love the dynamite clay, matte finish(a touch of natural shine, not completely dry matte), all day hold. Or if you can afford the extra cash, try out Morris Motley's Treatment Styling Balm. Morris Motley has been all the hype recently and for good reason. Great performing products, really great ingredients that are good for your hair. But if you're looking to try things out first, I'd say go for dynamite clay. You can find it over at hairbroducts

On a side note - One of the best ways to prevent dry hair is to make sure you invest in a good quality shampoo and conditioner. Theprettyjerk has a solid range of quality shampoos, conditioners and treatment products that work damn well. I'll vouch for that.

*ADDITIONALLY*
Have you heard of the term pre-styling? If you haven't, you must definitely check it out.
This has been the game changer for my hairstyling game. I personally use sea salt spray as my pre styler prior to applying the finishing product (clays, waxes etc)

I know this sounds like a lot to take in, a lot of products and hence alot of money that needs to be spent lol. But trust me, invest in quality products and you'll eventually see that its worth every dollar spent. Start slowly first, maybe with the dynamite clay Let us know what your experience is like!
You are really very experienced and helpful. I have done pre styling each time i time i applied my ubersauve however i have not used sea salt spray but mostly my gatsby hair spray. will personally try what you have recommended. I do agree with you that investing in quality products will help you in alot ways. Thanks once again for your detailed tips.
Old 19-05-2016, 02:55 PM   #7103
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks
simi pomade?
Old 19-05-2016, 02:57 PM   #7104

Is Ubersauve a local brand?

I got one as a free gift. Gave it away after a few uses.
Old 19-05-2016, 02:59 PM   #7105
Great Supremacy Member

Thanks. Realise they do not carry Ubersauve, any other good water based strong hold waxes to recommend? I prefer the matte type. Thanks
waxes are not water based.

if you want strong wax, the strongest i ever used was gold digger by vilain but it dries up fast. however that's the reason why it is strong.

if you're looking to spend a little more money on better quality product, morris motley treatment balm is the way to go.

if you wanna try something that is pretty hyped up, blumaan original, its either a hit or miss for this product.

if you want "water based" stuff, blind barber 90 works like a wax-cream, its call a pomade for marketing purposes.

generally all the waxes above are pretty easy to wash off.

i would recommend the blind barber shampoo and conditioner combo or try vogne shampoo and conditioner.

blind barber shampoo cleans better but vogne shampoo is more moisturising.
jason910 likes this.
Old 19-05-2016, 03:05 PM   #7106
Supremacy Member

If your hair is v dry after shampooing it's time to
1) change shampoo
2) use conditioner

Old 19-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #7107
Master Member

If your hair is v dry after shampooing it's time to
1) change shampoo
2) use conditioner
Its actually the ubersauve that is making it very dry after wash. I will always use a conditioner with it.
Old 19-05-2016, 03:24 PM   #7108
Master Member

if you want strong wax, the strongest i ever used was gold digger by vilain but it dries up fast. however that's the reason why it is strong.

if you're looking to spend a little more money on better quality product, morris motley treatment balm is the way to go.

if you wanna try something that is pretty hyped up, blumaan original, its either a hit or miss for this product.

if you want "water based" stuff, blind barber 90 works like a wax-cream, its call a pomade for marketing purposes.

i would recommend the blind barber shampoo and conditioner combo or try vogne shampoo and conditioner.

Thanks! Will try out a few products
Old 19-05-2016, 03:37 PM   #7109
Supremacy Member

You're quite right about the BB shampoo but I wouldn't reccomend it. It's extremely drying.

Its actually the ubersauve that is making it very dry after wash. I will always use a conditioner with it.
Time to change your product. As per GX BB90 is good but I personally fiind it more pliable and less "strong". Gold Digger is pretty "strong" and washes out quite easily.

FWIW BB Shampoo, Gold Digger and BB90 are part of my current rotation.

I wouldn't reccomend water based anything in our weather because the humidity kills any hold or volume pretty easily. You have to keep in mind that ang moh countries where the products are formulated have relatively low humidity which makes using those products more feasible.

Old 19-05-2016, 03:49 PM   #7110
Great Supremacy Member

You're quite right about the BB shampoo but I wouldn't reccomend it. It's extremely drying.

Time to change your product. As per GX BB90 is good but I personally fiind it more pliable and less "strong". Gold Digger is pretty "strong" and washes out quite easily.

FWIW BB Shampoo, Gold Digger and BB90 are part of my current rotation.

I wouldn't reccomend water based anything in our weather because the humidity kills any hold or volume pretty easily. You have to keep in mind that ang moh countries where the products are formulated have relatively low humidity which makes using those products more feasible.
wow, cannot agree more
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.