HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-05-2016, 03:50 PM   #7111
Great Supremacy Member

Its actually the ubersauve that is making it very dry after wash. I will always use a conditioner with it.
change your wax and try vogne shampoo and conditioner.

use already hair soft soft sibei song
Old 19-05-2016, 03:57 PM   #7112
Arch-Supremacy Member

waxes are not water based.

if you want strong wax, the strongest i ever used was gold digger by vilain but it dries up fast. however that's the reason why it is strong.

if you're looking to spend a little more money on better quality product, morris motley treatment balm is the way to go.

if you wanna try something that is pretty hyped up, blumaan original, its either a hit or miss for this product.

if you want "water based" stuff, blind barber 90 works like a wax-cream, its call a pomade for marketing purposes.

generally all the waxes above are pretty easy to wash off.

i would recommend the blind barber shampoo and conditioner combo or try vogne shampoo and conditioner.

blind barber shampoo cleans better but vogne shampoo is more moisturising.
Some wax are (technically) water based.

Nah i dont think they name it pomade for marketing purposes. Pomades are just the (original) general term for (traditional/oldshool/contemporary) hairstyling product.

I mean, pomade is the Grandfather of hairstyling product...

Old 19-05-2016, 04:44 PM   #7113

Yes, touching on that, correct me if I'm wrong but if "Aqua" is listed as the first ingredient on the list (which means its the main/base ingredient) means that the product is water based, haha.

As for the pomade part I think it's cos the trend right now is yknw, bringing back old school barbershops, pomades and slickback hairstyles/quiffs. So "pomade" - an even more generally used term than ever, is used to describe or rather market out many of the hair products nowadays - to go with this new trend.

But after awhile one will more or less be able to differentiate which of these "pomades" are actually technically waxes (beeswax content) or clays (bentonite content) for example. The use for the term "pomade" has kind of evolved to fit the current trend and marketing methods for hair products.

Nah i dont think they name it pomade for marketing purposes. Pomades are just the (original) general term for (traditional/oldshool/contemporary) hairstyling product.

Old 19-05-2016, 04:45 PM   #7114
Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=whysoliddat;101446814]Some wax are (technically) water based.

gaoxing84 and dj_flame like this.
Old 19-05-2016, 04:48 PM   #7115
Great Supremacy Member

yeap, but still pomade. hahaha

its definitely marketing. haha hipsters uses pomade

blind barber quite hipster in terms of marketing and branding
Old 19-05-2016, 04:51 PM   #7116

Hahaha agreed, tbh marketing is still damn bloody important no matter how good your product is. Heck, even if its a sheet product, customers are still gonna buy if you manage to convince them that its some kind of magic cream for your hair.

No lah. Pomade because the current trend is #pomade everything mah.

V strict definitions of the product would disqualify a lot of the "pomades" from being named as such. Just that there aren't any regulatory bodies controlling it.

Pomade= Slick+shiny
Wax= Matte

It's simply about jumping on the bandwagon and making money based on current trends at the expense of confusing the consumer.
Old 19-05-2016, 05:17 PM   #7117
Supremacy Member

To add on, actually water based or not is another confusing terms. Most styling products will be water based because it is the most widely available neutral solvent.

When you level up a bit washability and learning how to read the ingredients list will be more important.

Old 19-05-2016, 05:26 PM   #7118
Supremacy Member

paiseh, noobie question i am looking for non-oily (meaning washing off is not oily) and relatively ez to wash off and can hold my hair relatively well. my hair is quite dry and i usually style my hair into a natural mess with no parting.

have used Gatsby moving rubber before but realised that when my hair gets longer, its no longer sufficient to hold my hair. ...

any recommendation ma?
Old 19-05-2016, 05:36 PM   #7119
Great Supremacy Member

paiseh, noobie question i am looking for non-oily (meaning washing off is not oily) and relatively ez to wash off and can hold my hair relatively well. my hair is quite dry and i usually style my hair into a natural mess with no parting.

have used Gatsby moving rubber before but realised that when my hair gets longer, its no longer sufficient to hold my hair. ...

any recommendation ma?
morris motley
Old 19-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #7120
Arch-Supremacy Member

WE MUST EDUCATE THE PUBLIC TO AVOID USING GATSBY MOVING RUBBER

And use more pricey, contemporary stuff instead

Old 19-05-2016, 06:17 PM   #7121
Supremacy Member

morris motley
hwa reallly ah? sibeigood ah?
Old 19-05-2016, 06:46 PM   #7122
Supremacy Member

Sibei goot rah. I almost neglect every hair styling product beside mmb liao.

Old 19-05-2016, 06:48 PM   #7123
Great Supremacy Member

Kan pua good. Haha Bo Hao Siao
Fits what you need.
Old 20-05-2016, 09:46 AM   #7124

Knn all the hype sia abt this MM. Makes my hand itchy only.
Although I have not used a lot of hair products (only Hanz De Fuko's Claymation and By Vilain's Gold Digger), MM wins hands down. Easy application, easy to wash off. Strong hold that last throughout the day, under blazing sun or slight rain. On the pricey side but a quality product well worth the money.

I would go for it.
Old 20-05-2016, 09:47 AM   #7125

Kan pua good. Haha Bo Hao Siao
Fits what you need.
Quote for the day
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.