HWZ Forums

Login Register FAQ Mark Forums Read

The Hair Thread - Part 4

Like Tree1338Likes
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 24-05-2016, 02:11 PM   #7201

Black Label Products

Anyone tried Black Label Products yet? Not so heard of at the moment but been hearing good stuff about them. They have a Shape Paste (Firm Hold Matte Finish) and a Craft Clay (Strong Hold Matte Finish)

At the moment I only know of 2 retailers in SG. cherry&bear from Shopee and undercut.com.sg

GX bro? Your area of expertise liao haha
Old 24-05-2016, 02:17 PM   #7202
Supremacy Member

[QUOTE=osirisx;101527972]Easy to apply, and pliable can restyle

but need to use mousse and sea salt to give volume
Hold not as strong by itself

Still one of the better ones I used

Old 24-05-2016, 04:22 PM   #7203
Great Supremacy Member

Anyone tried Black Label Products yet? Not so heard of at the moment but been hearing good stuff about them. They have a Shape Paste (Firm Hold Matte Finish) and a Craft Clay (Strong Hold Matte Finish)

At the moment I only know of 2 retailers in SG. cherry&bear from Shopee and undercut.com.sg

GX bro? Your area of expertise liao haha
i heard it was crappy.

black label, i approach them and now they reply me, took them 1 year, i not interested already. LOL
Old 24-05-2016, 04:29 PM   #7204

Wah serious ah. Here I was thinking it could be another decent brand. Haven't seen anybody from SG review it yet though.. or maybe I missed it.

i heard it was crappy.

black label, i approach them and now they reply me, took them 1 year, i not interested already. LOL
Old 24-05-2016, 04:37 PM   #7205

Big red flag when a brand is an email black-hole - pretty much means they are shoddily run.

Their website also has a very generic "hairstyling blog" ripoff. #cringe.
Old 24-05-2016, 04:57 PM   #7206
Great Supremacy Member

Wah serious ah. Here I was thinking it could be another decent brand. Haven't seen anybody from SG review it yet though.. or maybe I missed it.
pretty generic leh.

anyway, by vilain got new pomade.

powermade. but looks kinda crappy. lol

they are better off with their waxes and clay.

following hype blindly.
Old 24-05-2016, 05:17 PM   #7207

Honestly their products are pretty good la. Holds up very well in our weather. Alot of brands promise their products hold like cement, got premium or organic ingredients but end up kns in terms of performance. At the end of the day the primary function of a hair product - it has to hold our hairstyle through the day, and hold it well. Even more difficult for us, since our climate is so humid. So far By Vilain delivers that so no complaints so far haha.

But read about the bad experiences you've had while working with them tho

pretty generic leh.

anyway, by vilain got new pomade.

powermade. but looks kinda crappy. lol

they are better off with their waxes and clay.

following hype blindly.
Old 24-05-2016, 06:01 PM   #7208
Great Supremacy Member

Haha ya I do. They became really greedy and stuck up.

They forget who brought their damn brand up in sg. Lol. Dumb fks
Old 24-05-2016, 06:51 PM   #7209

I haven't tried Toni & Guy's SSS before so I can't give you a fair comparison, but I've tried both OS and Ref 323 and personally find that its worth what I pay in terms of product performance. Maybe you could try out Toni & Guy first and see if it performs well as a pre styler. If not, you definitely know what your next choice/s should be
When you use OS/Ref sss, is the effect the same when you don't shower before using? Also the same question for blow drying. Reason is because my hair is already dropping so I don't blow dry even if there's the option of argen oil
Old 24-05-2016, 07:40 PM   #7210

For the SSS to be achieve its maximum effectiveness in terms of providing hold and volume, yes your hair has to be damp (preferably towel dried) > spritz on the SSS > blow dried on hot setting. This is how majority of the users use it - as a pre-styler. The properties of the SSS + the heat from the hair dryer are what makes the product work best.

But it'll definitely still provide a certain amount of hold and texture if you just simply spray it onto your hair both when its damp or dry. Just not as much as as when used via the steps mentioned above.

What I could suggest is spraying it onto towel dried hair, then blow dry using the cool setting on your hair dryer. If it's the heat damage that you're afraid of, I guess this would be the next most viable option.

When you use OS/Ref sss, is the effect the same when you don't shower before using? Also the same question for blow drying. Reason is because my hair is already dropping so I don't blow dry even if there's the option of argen oil
Old 25-05-2016, 06:50 AM   #7211

Wonder i made the diy sss is a heat protectant anot

Old 25-05-2016, 09:08 AM   #7212

My random musings on men's hair: Young Leo's hair looks really good, and unique. The right mix between long rock star hair and shaggy:

I don't know if I have the face or head shape to pull this off though.
Old 25-05-2016, 09:09 AM   #7213
Master Member

[QUOTE=Dingdingsong;101548397]Wonder i made the diy sss is a heat protectant anot

Old 25-05-2016, 05:32 PM   #7214
Supremacy Member

can anyone recommend something that is light with strong hold and doesn't weigh the hair down when I perspire?
Old 25-05-2016, 05:41 PM   #7215
Great Supremacy Member

can anyone recommend something that is light with strong hold and doesn't weigh the hair down when I perspire?
bb90?
but perspire usually will lose hold
Closed Thread
Important Forum Advisory Note
This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. Moderators are not employees or representatives of HWZ. Forum members and moderators are responsible for their own posts.

Please refer to our Terms of Service for more information.